Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Related: is there a torque spec for those bolts into the cage? I figure it’s not the German spec (guten-tite), would gladly use the torque wrench over counting ugga duggas
Sponsored

OP
OP
GoatFab

GoatFab

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mine arrived today. The fit and finish of the steel cross member pieces is outstanding. Great job on powder coating.

I have questions about mounting (probably ought to include some basic instructions):

- is there any reason to mount the pieces 3-holes front, back, or half-and-half? Pics seem to show it all sorts of ways. Maybe it doesn’t matter but maybe there’s some logic here I don’t know.

- when you say hardware included, what kind? Pics show some stainless button head screws, but I’m looking at a koozie, electrical wire and black plastic push fasteners. Am I missing anything here?

- on hardware, for a hard tops, reuse existing bolts or should I be doing something else?
Sent you a message to call me. Happy to help.

Adam

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sweet - thanks for your time on the phone. I’m rocking and rolling now with assembly method. Temp dropped enough here tonight that I am going to wait till tomorrow to do install. Will come back with pictures!

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quick update - I was able to quickly install the brace by myself -- I took pictures, I'll attach them shortly.

Vehicle Notes: OEM hardtop with sound assassin / hot head liner installed.
Notes/observations on installation for me:
  • I-Beam Installation - Middle Panel Removal / Reinstall Logistics
    • Wiggling the middle roof panel off, beneath the TrailRax roof rack, was already a tight fit with the three TP50 bolts on each side that the hardtop panels attach.
    • The addition of the Goat Fab I-beam installed above the roof panel attachment brackets, due to its thickness, raises the bolt heads of the TP50 bolts making the middle panel removal / install more challenging. Solution: Slide panel forward over front-row passenger seats to remove or reinstall the middle panel.
    • No issues in fitment with the hot head liner etc.
  • I-Beam Installation - Front Panel Removal / Reinstall Logistics & Fitment
    • I may have slightly changed the alignment of brackets the panels attach to, but the two rotating brackets on the exterior/rear corner of each front panel require significantly more force to turn to full lock position. I may, on another warm/sunny day attempt some adjustments here.
    • No issues in fitment with the hot head liner etc.
  • C-Beam Installation
    • Had an awesome quick call with Adam and have elected to defer wiring the dome light for a minute. To be clear, lighting was a motivation for me at all in the purchase - its like sprinkles on the sundae - fun to have, not why i went to get ice cream. I'm going to find an LED strip or spare rock light to put inside the C-Beam to create the backlit effect of the goat logos, because when he described that I got excited. My goal is not really door-activated on, but when ignition is powered the dome is available so the off-->white-->red--> sequence is good for me. Its the map light, and I'm pretty jazzed about the red.
    • My kit came unassembled on purpose. The C-to-I fastener method is now the black plastic ribbed push-in rivets. Super tight fit. I may regret going ahead and installing the C-Beam when I have to fight those grabby bastards to remove them to do the wiring at a later date. The hold seems really tight, there's no possible movement or wiggle because of tight tolerances between C/I beams, and things seem incredibly solid.
  • Post-Installation Feedback & Observations:
    • I don't have a method to measure the gut feeling that seems feel more solid, but whatever flex was generated by the lack of the brace during acceleration, turns, and bumps seems to be wholly mitigated. The vehicle feels more solid all around.
    • I didn't have a lot of squeaks or chatter from the top before, but now I have none.
    • I have some whistling from the corner of my driver-side front roof panel when I get up to 50+mph that's probably tangentially related to the install process, but doesn't seem directly related to the goat fab cage brace. Temps were low yesterday and this morning (20's during the drives) and these may go away as temps rise and rubber seals are more compliant. I may simply need to remove panel, walk to the mailbox, then replace panel and it'll be resolved. I'll fiddle with it on Saturday.

Sponsored

Migo

Badlands
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Over thanksgiving weekend I was able to install my sport cage from Adam few things the hole placement to the factory mounting was perfect. Few key notes for anyone with a best top soft top and has the factory hardtop brackets. My bronco is a 23. You will have to remove the factory hard top brackets due to the thickness of material with the all three brackets in place causes the best top outside top rail to lift in the Z direction and become un even with the rear rail. Positive the goat sport cage and the oem hard top brackets are the same thickness allowing you to just remove the oem bracket and still use the same shims that best top provides. Great finish light was easy to install I tied it into wiring I had running to the rear of the bronco for my fridge and arb compressor. You can run constant power if you want to just control the light.

IMG_2645.jpeg

IMG_2646.jpeg
What did you install behind the GOAT logo to give it a background color? Thanks

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just a quick in process update on the 3/16 thick X-Brace for the rear roll bar before bending and it hits the press for dimple die. We are also thinking about offering this with a magnetic cargo light. I think it would be helpful not just for the cargo are but as a convenient flash light when needed. Thoughts?

We will do some testing on effects on reducing vibration/rattle..etc and update soon.

We appreciate the feedback as this is what make good products, better.

Adam

IMG_20231031_122615.jpg

IMG_20231031_122644.jpg
Did the C Brace ever happen? Just wondering if I missed it?

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did the C Brace ever happen? Just wondering if I missed it?
I don’t think it did. Shortly after the front brace was released Ford Performance made the front & rear braces available. I suspect that may have slowed/killed R&D of the GOAT variant.

Would like to know for sure. Please update us @GoatFab.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don’t think it did. Shortly after the front brace was released Ford Performance made the front & rear braces available. I suspect that may have slowed/killed R&D of the GOAT variant.

Thanks. Still a decent market for those with 6.5 rear speakers. If I go Ford then back to 4 inch speakers I guess.

OP
OP
GoatFab

GoatFab

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

We have not released that. It has been back-burnered a bit. It may be something we pick back up in the future, but no timeline or expected release date at this point.

Thank you.

Sponsored

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have not released that. It has been back-burnered a bit. It may be something we pick back up in the future, but no timeline or expected release date at this point.

Thank you.
Thanks for the update Adam. Sorry to hear there is no ETA. Look forward to seeing new GOAT items. 😎

Descent

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands