First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a Wildtrak 2022 Sasquatch. Every time I am on a downward slope and I brake and stop (pedal completely depressed), after it stops it rolls about 1 foot, then a sound like a parking brake kicks in and abruptly stops the bronco from continuing to roll. I dropped it off at Ford yesterday and will post when I hear, but I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue with the brakes. It doesn't seem safe and even the Ford technician agreed. I did notice some old posts about people having issues with this, was wondering if anyone else is currently? Thanks!
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So it comes to a complete stop and then continues to roll while the brake pedal is fully depressed?

OP
OP
Sesquac

Sesquac

Wildtrak
First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So it comes to a complete stop and then continues to roll while the brake pedal is fully depressed?
Yes. Every time I'm on a downward slope. I thought it was my error...was somehow slipping my foot off...but nope. Test after test. Same thing.

OP
OP
Sesquac

Sesquac

Wildtrak
First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes. Every time I'm on a downward slope. I thought it was my error...was somehow slipping my foot off...but nope. Test after test. Same thing.
I lose all functions of braking system until that sound kicks in and stops the bronco.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I recall several had similar issues and ABS module was the culprit. With your foot on the pedal does pressure remain solid or does it slowly creep to the floor?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sesquac

Sesquac

Wildtrak
First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If I recall several had similar issues and ABS module was the culprit. With your foot on the pedal does pressure remain solid or does it slowly creep to the floor?
Pressure seems to remain solid (foot is pressing as far as it can go because it is scary!). Ha.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pressure seems to remain solid (foot is pressing as far as it can go because it is scary!). Ha.
I'm sure it's an eye opener when it happens! Solid pedal pretty much eliminates a vacuum issue however my 2.3 has a different vacuum system (regular mechanical vacuum booster), I'm not very familiar w/ the 2.7 electric vacuum system operation. My guess is your issue is ABS module related. I suppose there's a slight chance a wheel sensor could be gummed up but you would probably get an alert on the dash. Hopefully they get you figured out quickly.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sure it's an eye opener when it happens! Solid pedal pretty much eliminates a vacuum issue however my 2.3 has a different vacuum system (regular mechanical vacuum booster), I'm not very familiar w/ the 2.7 electric vacuum system operation. My guess is your issue is ABS module related. I suppose there's a slight chance a wheel sensor could be gummed up but you would probably get an alert on the dash. Hopefully they get you figured out quickly.
The 2.3 vac assist brakes are terrible at a stop. Never seen a vehicle need a heavy foot at a stop light.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've heard this complaint from several but no issues here w/ the 7mt. Are you auto trans?

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a Wildtrak 2022 Sasquatch. Every time I am on a downward slope and I brake and stop (pedal completely depressed), after it stops it rolls about 1 foot, then a sound like a parking brake kicks in and abruptly stops the bronco from continuing to roll. I dropped it off at Ford yesterday and will post when I hear, but I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue with the brakes. It doesn't seem safe and even the Ford technician agreed. I did notice some old posts about people having issues with this, was wondering if anyone else is currently? Thanks!
Can you send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of the Ford dealer you are working with? I would like to take a closer look at your brake concerns.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You have a WT so you have the 2.7 which does not have vacuum brakes but electric.

Sounds like your electric brake booster is faulty. Glad you noticed it and the dealer has it safe and sound.

I've been on 26 degree downslopes...glad my WT brakes didn't do that :)

RobWTX

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a Wildtrak 2022 Sasquatch. Every time I am on a downward slope and I brake and stop (pedal completely depressed), after it stops it rolls about 1 foot, then a sound like a parking brake kicks in and abruptly stops the bronco from continuing to roll.
Hmm, this sounds kind of what mine 22 WT does. If I park on my driveway nose down (driveway is sloped) and start it up, keep my foot on the brake and release the E brake, it rolls forward a little and stops. Weird feeling, and my F-150 never did anything like that parked in the same location.

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I've heard this complaint from several but no issues here w/ the 7mt. Are you auto trans?
Good point!

MT isn't trying to drive the vehicle forward like an auto trans at a stop.

I use much less pedal pressure at a stop in my MT Badlands than when I drive the wife's Wildtrak. When we first got hers I was rolling through stops until my brain learned to push the brake down hard at a stop when driving her Wildtrak.
Sponsored