Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are

Are they not supposed to make a profit?
Well, I don't disagree that they should make a profit. But doing the whole stock buyback thing makes all that cash they used not technically a "profit" when it comes time for profit sharing to be distibuted. Its a way for them to say they made no profit, so it can't be shared with the employees.
Sponsored

thedrdonna

Badlands
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Dr Badlands non-SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I suggest every Union worker find out how much the Union employees and Leadership make, you will be shocked.
If you're shocked at how much union leadership makes, you are gonna be absolutely gobsmacked when you see how much the C-suite at Ford makes.

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
just another comment on the UAW's fantastic demands. My wife, in health care for 45 years, Master's level education and extensive resume, left management for a much enjoyed 'line' position, non-union, worked a 32 hour week/was PAID for a 32 hour week; benefit costs rose every year, NO raises in over 5 years for anyone on a staff level, in fact all line positions wages were decreased 2x in her last 2 years due to the governments problems with Medicare/Covid, etc. Basically if you wanted a job, you accepted the pittance the company paid you. AND if you refused the JAB, you lost your job, and she did. Sorry, no love lost for high paid CEOs, UAW workers, government employees. You all have tanked this country and the good workers are 'retired' or still overworked and underpaid.
These Union UAW workers are nuts. You mentioned govt jobs, but the UAW is wanting wages near that. I just retired as a federal employee with as an accountant/auditor with DoD and these blue collar workers are asking for pay that is very close to what I retired with! More auto production will be moving out of this country thanks to these greedy people. And people thought it was something when McDonalds employees asked for $25 an hour. These are the same level people and they’re asking for three times that much. I worked a production job at a plant while in college and yes it’s hard work, but that’s why I was going to college.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Big 3 has made 21 Billion dollars in profits for the first 6 months of 2023. Don't forget about stock buybacks instead of giving workers a few pennies for their troubles.
Why not buy their stock? After all, it’s a publicly owned company. As a stock holder, you too can get your share in the 21 billion dollar profits.

One thing no one ever talks about, is the billions of dollars these companies have to invest in infrastructure, plant construction, design and testing (creating jobs). There are huge risks in doing this. There are no gimme’s. Vehicles do flop, after millions are invested. The unions have no such risk.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are

Are they not supposed to make a profit?
Yes they are supposed to make a profit. When the CEO from Ford says the UAW is going to bankrupt Ford with what they are asking. Come on be real. It's OK that the CEOs pay has gone up 40%?

Sponsored

A51Asheville

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Sas Mid Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

"ADMIN WARNING: NO INSULTS, NO POLITICS"
Yet half the conversation is about political stuff...like Unions and government intervention...Weird...

thedrdonna

Badlands
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why not buy their stock? After all, it’s a publicly owned company. As a stock holder, you too can get your share in the 21 billion dollar profits.

One thing no one ever talks about, is the billions of dollars these companies have to invest in infrastructure, plant construction, design and testing (creating jobs). There are huge risks in doing this. There are no gimme’s. Vehicles do flop, after millions are invested. The unions have no such risk.
Those assets don't disappear, though, even if they don't sell as well as they'd hoped. How many Ford executives have gone bankrupt or lost their house(s) after a big failure? I bet the percentage is far lower than the employees who lost their jobs.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tax breaks when they build a brand new plant. You don't think they have a whole department that goes around and asks The federal government and local government for tax breaks?

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These Union UAW workers are nuts. You mentioned govt jobs, but the UAW is wanting wages near that. I just retired as a federal employee with as an accountant/auditor with DoD and these blue collar workers are asking for pay that is very close to what I retired with! More auto production will be moving out of this country thanks to these greedy people. And people thought it was something when McDonalds employees asked for $25 an hour. These are the same level people and they’re asking for three times that much. I worked a production job at a plant while in college and yes it’s hard work, but that’s why I was going to college.
Uaw wages are $18/hr to $32/hr.

I'm sure you made more than $10/hr.

thedrdonna

Badlands
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tax breaks when they build a brand new plant. You don't think they have a whole department that goes around and asks The federal government and local government for tax breaks?
Not to mention, tax deductions when they post a loss, and government bailouts when things get really bad. Corporations never do anything that might actually put them in real danger, any leadership that did that would be out in the street by end of day.

Sponsored

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Let’s go!

Many folks waited a long time for their Broncos. I hate this for those who are waiting but welcome to the club.

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Mine was built a few weeks ago and I had it 7 days before it was back at the dealer to fix an axle leak and put in a new module to fix all the system failures it was getting.

I’m not sure quality could get much worse than it already is. What the union should be doing is telling workers to start producing quality built stuff before they even think about asking redicilous demands.
Some truth here, but some of that goes back to the bean counters too.

Between quality nits on both my '15 Mustang and '19 F150, I have reservations about buying a Bronco based on what I see on this board. Not that I can buy the base Sas 2-door with cloth seats and a soft top that I really wanted for the last two years...

My previous Jeeps had their share of QC issues, but my '23 JL Rubi is far better put together than my F150.

Reactions: jon

rainallday

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Consider the Screen Writers and Actors guild strikes. They have been happening for five months now and it’s just now starting to truly impact the industry as they finally ran out of new material produced prior to the strike.
so basically Korean Dramas and Hyundai Santa Cruz for everyone in 2024

roboticsrob

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine was built a few weeks ago and I had it 7 days before it was back at the dealer to fix an axle leak and put in a new module to fix all the system failures it was getting.

I’m not sure quality could get much worse than it already is. What the union should be doing is telling workers to start producing quality built stuff before they even think about asking redicilous demands.
Likewise, mine has been back at the dealer over a month now getting the transmission and transfer case seals replaced. 760 miles, dealer service said both seals were installed incorrectly from the factory, quality can’t possibly get any worse than it is now.
Sponsored