Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Missed a great trip, why’d you have to cancel? Yeah there’s usually a waiting list.
I am a contractor with the State, had a project that “had to start the 15th”no changing it. Monday comes around and they postponed for 30 days. Still a little bitter, but there will be other trips glad everyone had fun.

Baylon43

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was on the 1st of trip with fast intentions and headed back out in June with my kiddo. Just might need some mud flaps to help out with the KBD short fenders and rocks flinging and cracking another side window 😬
Ford Bronco EXO - Bronco Baja Sur - April 2024 - Trip Report & Photos IMG_7017

Sponsored
OP
OP
Fast Intentions Inc.

Fast Intentions Inc.

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Fast Intentions
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastintentions.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are lockers necessary for the EXO trips? I have a base with the APG mid-runner system installed and running 35's but no lockers added (yet!). Been considering signing up for one of the Baja trips. Thanks!
I'd say lockers are not completely required. I think the only time we've used our lockers out there was our first EXO trip when we were rocking crawling to Mikes Sky Rancho. Even then, there were a few base models that didn't have lockers but had 35" tires. They just had to give it the gas through some of that terrain.

I was on the 1st of trip with fast intentions and headed back out in June with my kiddo. Just might need some mud flaps to help out with the KBD short fenders and rocks flinging and cracking another side window 😬
I remember that! Sucks about the window and hopefully your luck won't repeat itself. Your Bronco is looking great! Have fun in June.

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've been thinking about the APG Mid Runner. What makes the mid runner a good option for Baja?
The longer wheel travel allows for greater control through the whoops, you wouldn't leave the ground as easily, so it dampens what would otherwise be too rough. The wider stance that usually comes with that also adds some stability. It is also a fairly involved investment and you would want to work with vendors and installers that drive in exactly the same environment. Foutz Motorsports would be one, but there are other good ones. Mine crushed it without going to that level but desert racing is all about long or mid travel suspension setups.

SFAforester

Base
First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I envy you guys that are so close to the Baja border. I've missed a few but driving thru so many states is so long (and can get expensive), but I shall return... Maybe when we do one all the way to Cabo.
Did you guys or Jeremiah ever get an update from that guy with blue raptor? Would love to hear the rest of that story.

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I envy you guys that are so close to the Baja border. I've missed a few but driving thru so many states is so long (and can get expensive), but I shall return... Maybe when we do one all the way to Cabo.
Did you guys or Jeremiah ever get an update from that guy with blue raptor? Would love to hear the rest of that story.
He’s on here, and commented on my thread. I think he’s still getting it back together and fixed.

Sponsored

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'd say lockers are not completely required. I think the only time we've used our lockers out there was our first EXO trip when we were rocking crawling to Mikes Sky Rancho. Even then, there were a few base models that didn't have lockers but had 35" tires. They just had to give it the gas through some of that terrain.

I remember that! Sucks about the window and hopefully your luck won't repeat itself. Your Bronco is looking great! Have fun in June.
I’ve never used lockers yet. With the ICON Stage 8 suspension and 37s, I seem to drive over anything. Although that back way to Mikes was pretty brutal last year!

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You talking about my impromptu #9 yard sale on the beach? 😄 Definitely not my finest moment. Y’all had a front row seat and know how lucky I was. I really can’t say “thank you” enough to everyone on that trip for the support. It meant a lot to me and I hope to be able to return the favor one day.

I really haven’t posted much about it because I didn’t want my foolishness to bring any negative attention to EXO; I put them in a bad spot and caused a lot of inconvenience. Jeremiah & the EXO crew were great and were a huge help in getting me squared away.

We brought the Bronco back home late last year and got the mechanical stuff fixed. It’s still at the body shop, but hope to have it back on the road in the next 60 days or so.

If you want more details, let me know. Glad to share.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like you had a good time 🤠

OP
OP
Fast Intentions Inc.

Fast Intentions Inc.

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Fast Intentions
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastintentions.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve never used lockers yet. With the ICON Stage 8 suspension and 37s, I seem to drive over anything. Although that back way to Mikes was pretty brutal last year!
Yea, we were on 35s back then. I think the story would have been different now that we're on 37 w/ bead locks. It's nice running around at low pressures with such big sidewall.

We brought the Bronco back home late last year and got the mechanical stuff fixed. It’s still at the body shop, but hope to have it back on the road in the next 60 days or so.
Hey! Glad to hear everything is going well and that you're rebuilding. Can't wait to see the project when it's all done and back on the road.

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yea, we were on 35s back then. I think the story would have been different now that we're on 37 w/ bead locks. It's nice running around at low pressures with such big sidewall.

Hey! Glad to hear everything is going well and that you're rebuilding. Can't wait to see the project when it's all done and back on the road.
Thanks, I appreciate it! I've had your chase light mount sitting on the shelf since last summer waiting to install it. Didn't think it'd take this long to put everything back together, but we're close!
Sponsored