Jeanette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands Sas Lux with modular bumper and looking for a winch mount option that -

• won't drastically impact approach angle
  • will still allow for fog lights and/or light bar at bumper level
  • will include or have an option of a bull bar to protect winch
  • won't block the Bronco letters
I was pretty set on the CBI Baja bumper with winch mount, but can't find any successful installs with LUX accessory/sensors - ford-bronco-baja-hybrid-front-bumper-2022.

Alternative is the Spec Series bumper from DV8 - https://dv8offroad.com/products/6th-gen-bronco-winch-front-bumper-spec-series

Next up were bolt on plates, with varying pro and cons.

JCR - https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/BR6SB-WP.html
IAG - iag-i-line-modular-front-bumper-winch-mount-for-2021-ford-bronco
RC - https://www.roughcountry.com/product/configurable/high-winch-mount-51066c#gallery
Buckle Up Buttercup - buckle-up-off-road-winch-mount-with-bull-bar-for-2021-ford-bronco-w-modular-bumper

First hand recommendations of the above? Any recommendations not here?
Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ā€˜24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Badlands Sas Lux with modular bumper and looking for a winch mount option that -

I was pretty set on the CBI Baja bumper with winch mount, but can't find any successful installs with LUX accessory/sensors - ford-bronco-baja-hybrid-front-bumper-2022.

Alternative is the Spec Series bumper from DV8 - https://dv8offroad.com/products/6th-gen-bronco-winch-front-bumper-spec-series

RC - https://www.roughcountry.com/product/configurable/high-winch-mount-51066c#gallery
Buckle Up Buttercup - buckle-up-off-road-winch-mount-with-bull-bar-for-2021-ford-bronco-w-modular-bumper

I haven't bought one yet, but my pick is the Buckle Up one. Has everything we need as Lux owners for a good price.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™ve heard mixed results about the Buckle Up, IAG, and RC mounts.

Most people seem to like them, but weā€™ve also seen several people say theyā€™ve bent their frame horns while using those mounts. There may have been user error involvedā€¦ BUTā€¦ the official Ford winch mount does include frame horn reinforcements and none of these winch mounts do, which leads me to question the quality of these products given their already low price. We already know the IAG and Buckle Up mounts are the typical white-labeled product that comes from the same factory and is sold under multiple brand names. Heck the Mabett mount and the Buckle Up mount seem to be identical. But either way, I highly doubt they did much testing on their own. Just slapped their sticker on the box and sold It.

Granted I have no personal experience with any of them, so I canā€™t really say either way. But there were enough red flags for me that I avoided all three of them. I havenā€™t seen much information about the JCR mount, but it seems like it may have the same issue as the other three, so I ultimately went with the Ford mount.

But thatā€™s not really a viable option for you unless you are willing to lose ACC and the front sensors. So my vote is a bumperā€¦ unless someone has a clever way to reinforce the frame horns.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I went with the mount from Broaddict. It appears to be a copy of the JCR and looks very similar to the Buckle up version. I've been happy with it. I've only used it twice , most recently to pull a 20' log out of the road. Just throwing the pic out there for comparison.

DSCN3540.JPG

Sponsored

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm using the JCR one with the Mountains 2 Metal camera relocation. I threw the IAG one in the trash after using it for about a year. I had to cut holes for the parking sensors it needs metal cut off of it in order to mount a Warn Evo 10S, so it wasn't really in any condition to sell or give away. Just nothing ever fit right on it.

The JCR is already cut for the parking sensors and at least on mine, it does not cause any issues with the ACC. Overall, the quality of the JCR is just much better.

That said, I can't speak to the frame horn issue - I haven't experienced it yet, but I've heard enough about it to keep it in mind. The winch does sit lower than on some of the others, so that might help.

Ford Bronco Winch mount recommendations for mod bumper with LUX package B010C58A-9B1E-47ED-90AF-914E1611292D_1_105_c

Scoop

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badsquatch, '74, '76, & '78 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Turn Offroad winch plate on my capable bumper. Install is pretty straight forward. (I also installed one on a friends Bronco.) I does not block the letters and I did not relocate the camera. It blocks the camera just a small amount but not enough that I want to relocate the camera. It does (as do most plates and bumpers) require the relocation of the ACC sensor and extending 2 parking sensor wires. You should be able to mount a bull bar on the mod bumper.

Overall I'm very happy with it.

Ford Bronco Winch mount recommendations for mod bumper with LUX package 74001074992__F94DB063-D4B3-48C8-8F68-2C25561DEEBA.JPG

OP
OP
jclark

jclark

Badlands
First Name
Jeanette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with the mount from Broaddict. It appears to be a copy of the JCR and looks very similar to the Buckle up version. I've been happy with it. I've only used it twice , most recently to pull a 20' log out of the road. Just throwing the pic out there for comparison.

Ford Bronco Winch mount recommendations for mod bumper with LUX package 74001074992__F94DB063-D4B3-48C8-8F68-2C25561DEEBA.JPG
What winch did you go with and did you relocate the control box?

OP
OP
jclark

jclark

Badlands
First Name
Jeanette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm using the JCR one with the Mountains 2 Metal camera relocation. I threw the IAG one in the trash after using it for about a year. I had to cut holes for the parking sensors it needs metal cut off of it in order to mount a Warn Evo 10S, so it wasn't really in any condition to sell or give away. Just nothing ever fit right on it.

The JCR is already cut for the parking sensors and at least on mine, it does not cause any issues with the ACC. Overall, the quality of the JCR is just much better.

That said, I can't speak to the frame horn issue - I haven't experienced it yet, but I've heard enough about it to keep it in mind. The winch does sit lower than on some of the others, so that might help.

B010C58A-9B1E-47ED-90AF-914E1611292D_1_105_c.jpeg
With it sitting lower - have you had issues with your approach angle being limited?

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With it sitting lower - have you had issues with your approach angle being limited?
Nope. Not at all. I did Flat Iron Mesa at Moab a bit back and hit lots of other things, but the winch plate remains unscathed. I bent the heck out of that low mount license plate (we can remove them next year) and knocked the cover off my trailer electrical connector somewhere, but the winch plate has been fine (so far).

Sponsored
OP
OP
jclark

jclark

Badlands
First Name
Jeanette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope. Not at all. I did Flat Iron Mesa at Moab a bit back and hit lots of other things, but the winch plate remains unscathed. I bent the heck out of that low mount license plate (we can remove them next year) and knocked the cover off my trailer electrical connector somewhere, but the winch plate has been fine (so far).
JCR has usually made my short list - top notch products and build. I had actually considered their bull bar when I added one to my build thinking I might add their winch plate in the future - but ended up with the DV8 bull bar instead. I might end up regretting that... I'd prefer the bar be out in front of the winch, however - but at least with JCR, there is an option to protect the grill that doesn't block the letters. I blame Oracle for that selection criteria for a winch mount...

Jwis

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I used the Turn bracket because it is in line with the frame horns like the Ford (not raised up which presumably is an increased bending moment upon severe use. Used their ACC and camera relocation kits and Addictive Desert Design frame horn reinforcements with a well-priced E-bay 12K Warn EVO-S.
Primary reason I went this way was price relative to Ford/Warn--total package was quite a bit less. Second reason is it seemed Ford ONLY wants their package to be dealer installed with reprogramming--I could not find any installation instructions. Third reason was the Ford warning about ACC and collision avoidance systems which the Turn ACC relocation and some other packages overcome. A raised bracket like the JCR overcomes the ACC issue and some kits such as Buttercup have extensions for sensor relocation.
Without going into a lot of detail about the quality and related issues of the Turn bracket and their customer support, along with the poor fitment of the ADD reinforcements--I STRONGLY wish I would have ponied up to the Ford/Warn package and either lived with the warning about ACC and sensors or researched other aftermarket ACC/camera relocations. One price adder on the Ford/Warn package is it includes a "Made in USA premier" 8K Warn winch vs. the EVO which I believe is Chinese. And I believe Ford has now reduced their package list price.
The Turn instructions have the installer butcher the ACC and sensor wiring harnesses. I had to re-machine the sensor mounting area on the Turn bracket due to a design oversight, repaint the area and fab a bezel for the sensors. I am sure if I have any ACC or sensor issues Ford will say "that's too bad" with both my standard or extended warranties.
I now question my logic to become price conscious for a collection of sub-standard bits that are so important for a safe recovery--especially when considering the price paid for a Wildtrak Lux which I intend to keep for my remaining years. What was I thinking?

turn bar with winch.jpg

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the RC mount with a Warn EVO 10S winch on factory Mod bumper, with factory bull-bar (it doesn't protect the winch, just there to protect the grille if a deer is hit). I've used this setup a number of times without issues on Level 7/8 wheeling trips and similar circumstances. Pros - so far holding up, strength-wise; excellent approach angle; retains factory ACC and proximity sensor operation; does not block Bronco lettering (addition of a winch control box extension kit from Warn); compatible with factory bull-bar. Cons - requirement of a JCR (or similar) camera relocation kit, installed on the winch fairlead.

Photos below with/without bull-bar. Yankum farilead. RCI skid plate beneath Mod bumper.

Ford Bronco Winch mount recommendations for mod bumper with LUX package PXL_20230317_233313256 (1)
Ford Bronco Winch mount recommendations for mod bumper with LUX package PXL_20230130_002821034

Last edited:

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

OP
OP
jclark

jclark

Badlands
First Name
Jeanette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another option to keep in mind would be the Lobo Offroad (or Rough Country version) HNT hidden winch skid. Keeps everything tucked nicely out of the way.

https://lobooffroad.com/product/lobo-hnt-hidden-winch-skid-plate-bronco/

Ford Bronco Winch mount recommendations for mod bumper with LUX package 1719759986662-n

Ford Bronco Winch mount recommendations for mod bumper with LUX package 1719759986662-n
I considered that approach as well and then figured that in situations where I'm in need of a winch for myself, it's highly likely that location is submerged. I also reminded myself that after a number of trail rides, the amount of mud I've cleaned from the backside of my bumper would also be caked in that housing compartment - which is less than ideal for the longevity of the winch.

It's definitely a clean looking setup though.
Sponsored