Sponsored

Why is everyone afraid of the engine bay?

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not scared just concerned kinda complicated for an off road rig simple ,cleaner would have made me happier.
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

People just want to complain about something. The engine bay looks fine to me, spark plugs/ coils/belt/accessories donā€™t seem to be too bad. Which is the most 90% of us would probably want to do to the engine anyways.

Hereā€™s my thing, just like a Jeep if something goes catastrophically wrong with the engine outside of warranty... itā€™s probably time for a V8 swap anyways.
What odd to me, is I look under the hood of my sonā€™s EcoBoost Mustang and it doesnā€™t look half as unkempt as the Bronco pics. It does seem as we go along that the engine bay pics have cleaned up progressively.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There's a decent chance that they come with engine covers upon delivery, the 2.3L engine had the exact same standoffs for an engine cover that my Focus RS 2.3L has. That'd clean things up a bit aesthetically. Tons of room under the hood for both engines compared a turbo compact/hatch, will be really easy to customize and modify.
Iā€˜m not so sure at this point. An engine cover is cheap and simple to make. If they had one, Iā€™m thinking they would already be on at least the tour vehicles, if not the Moab ones too. They would require testing just like any other part and weā€™ve yet to see one.

Wveddy

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU with LS, 79 F100, 73 Cuda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just wait til you add lights, winch, and other accessories. More wires to go with all those hoses! šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€˜m not so sure at this point. An engine cover is cheap and simple to make. If they had one, Iā€™m thinking they would already be on at least the tour vehicles, if not the Moab ones too. They would require testing just like any other part and weā€™ve yet to see one.
One of the tour Broncos that I saw had the plastic standoffs screwed in to the top of engine, just like my car has. I'd be surprised if they shipped a car looking so unfinished like that. That same Bronco also seemed pretty cobbled together, was missing the trim badges below the A-pillar and had mismatched rear, all-weather mats. Hopefully it comes with one but if it doesn't I won't be heartbroken.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It appears that the cover for the 2.7L on the F-150 may be a straight add-on or require very little modification to work on the Bronco.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€™m more concerned about the alternator being down low where it will get submerged while off-roading. That design belongs on a sports car not an off-road vehicle.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 f-250 Tremor 6.7L HO, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No fear here. To most it probably just looks different without a big plastic engine cover to hide everything.

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
For what itā€™s worth the engine bay is pretty damn busy, compared to my smaller modern car itā€™s must harder to identify tubes and wires at a glance.

Bronco vs sedan

6E4AB807-B288-40D4-8590-1CD2CC3E9B62.jpeg

C4012B52-3B7F-45AF-AB61-CC993AC14AD9.jpeg

OP
OP
ATLBronco75

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m more concerned about the alternator being down low where it will get submerged while off-roading. That design belongs on a sports car not an off-road vehicle.
Now hereā€™s a legit concern.
For what itā€™s worth the engine bay is pretty damn busy, compared to my smaller modern car itā€™s must harder to identify tubes and wires at a glance.

Bronco vs sedan

6E4AB807-B288-40D4-8590-1CD2CC3E9B62.jpeg

C4012B52-3B7F-45AF-AB61-CC993AC14AD9.jpeg
Your car is not a twin turbo v6 with FMIC.

oh you got me. Thatā€™s the 2.3l. Most of the complaints Iā€™ve seen have been about the 2.7

ScrunchFace

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It looks like ass thatā€™s why.

The Bronco is attracting a lot of people that would never consider buying a Ford (me included) and a lot of these people are used to a certain level of refinement.

As more time passes, weā€™re all being reminded why we usually steer clear.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a long time turbo car owner. In the 2.7 I see remarkably clean plumbing for a production vehicle with two turbos and a FMIC (front mounted inter cooler)

Are folks just not used to turbo engine bays?
Iā€™m not concerned. When I see an engine bay, I see a challenge. As a mechanical engineer, Iā€™ve been taking things apart and putting them back together again my whole life. Engines and transmissions are no different.

Ford Bronco Why is everyone afraid of the engine bay? A8CD5827-3ED0-4660-81F9-7DB42A50076C

Ford Bronco Why is everyone afraid of the engine bay? BC30D072-410F-4C0F-92BF-F713CA5C7FEF
Sponsored

Last edited: