Sponsored

What is this electrical cover? Where does it go?

Murg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

LewyOnMars

Wildtrak
First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

SeptuagenerianSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like the female part of a harness. Does your Badlands have power and/or heated seats? Could be the connection between the (power) supply and the seat's wiring. Look underneath the front seats and see if anything there matches. I had something similar when I removed my front seats to install seatcovers.
Could be an item a worker was going to install, but misplaced. So he got another and installed that, leaving behind what he "lost" until you found it.

OP
OP
Murg

Murg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ohh! this is it. It’s the Second picture in this one from thread: : https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/tow-package-arrived-contents-inside.17659/post-740692

still not sure sure where that goes though…. kinda sounds like it’s an adapter? I’ll crawl under tomorrow in daylight. The pic shows the TT connectors, too.
Looks like the female part of a harness. Does your Badlands have power and/or heated seats? Could be the connection between the (power) supply and the seat's wiring. Look underneath the front seats and see if anything there matches. I had something similar when I removed my front seats to install seatcovers.
Could be an item a worker was going to install, but misplaced. So he got another and installed that, leaving behind what he "lost" until you found it.
That looks like them.

only other thing I found was this to order: https://parts.carletonplaceford.com...---Wiring-Shield/141695978/M2DZ-14A666-A.html

Sponsored
OP
OP
Murg

Murg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
right on, under seats will be an easy check tomorrow. I can take a look there. I don’t think the 2 doors got any electric in their seats though.

OP
OP
Murg

Murg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ah ha! @LewyOnMars that link lead me to the lumen tow hitch kinstall directions. Looks like it was removed and replaced with the trailer tow module! Then the dealer just left the old part for me to puzzle over.

Ford Bronco What is this electrical cover?  Where does it go? IMG_0354

Morton2020

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee LtdX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ah ha! @LewyOnMars that link lead me to the lumen tow hitch kinstall directions. Looks like it was removed and replaced with the trailer tow module! Then the dealer just left the old part for me to puzzle over.
Correct. This and a metal bracket are the old parts the dealer returned to me when the ‘factory’ tow kit was installed after delivery.

SeptuagenerianSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mystery solved--and we didn't need Sherlock Holmes.
My guess is a dealer tech was careless and left it behind, or just couldn't be bothered returning it to the parts counter. You could drop it off there as a favor.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mystery solved--and we didn't need Sherlock Holmes.
My guess is a dealer tech was careless and left it behind, or just couldn't be bothered returning it to the parts counter. You could drop it off there as a favor.
They won’t want it.

OP
OP
Murg

Murg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Correct. This and a metal bracket are the old parts the dealer returned to me when the ‘factory’ tow kit was installed after delivery.

Ha! now I have been shorted a mysterious metal bracket... hah! thanks ! Feeling much better about dealer install. Although why ford charges about $40 for that plastic part is bizarre...
Sponsored