First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Most manufacturers are now charging for colors. The worst is GMC. You get White. Every other color is extra. What was really odd was Chevy didn’t charge extra for colors except a couple if tint coats. Same vehicle made on the same assembly lines by the same people. If it’s a red Chevy, no extra charge. If it’s a red GMC, it’s hundreds more. Guessing that “Professional Grade” paint costs more?😵💫
Sponsored

Johnny Vikes

First Edition
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door Bronco FE, 2 door base-mansquatch Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford seems to be at it again for price increases. If you look at the prices I have put on there, they are now charging for almost every one of their paint colors. Pretty ridiculous really. They obviously aren't investing in proper website designers with that extra money. They cant even get matching rims on their generated image...

On another note, you can see there is now two molded in color hard top options, but it is not clear what the differences are other than one must be . for our Canadian friends to the north by spelling color, "colour". Anyone know what the difference in the two hard tops are? There is roughly a $500 difference in the two, but both appear to be molded in color carbonized gray hard tops. Haven't seen any threads on this yet.

Also, how long have been been waiting currently for builds roughly? I know my two door I got as part of the original reservation and orders took me 795 days. I highly doubt they are taking that long with how much stock is at the dealers currently.
1717420948048-ny.png
1717421342933-ro.png
wow... they dont offer manual transmission anymore, only existing inventory. I hit a home run with my 2022 2 door basemansquatch at 42k

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

wow... they dont offer manual transmission anymore, only existing inventory. I hit a home run with my 2022 2 door basemansquatch at 42k
Where are you hearing that? Manuals are still available in B&P.

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What? This dirty, scratched up thing? 😘😘
20231013_143115.jpg

People are trying to talk me into window tint, but with the Base gone, our fishbowl, old-school glass will be a rarity. 🥰
Wait, so there's no rear tint on the base model? I figured all models got the same glass with a little tint on the rear.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't get why this is even a thing people whine about. A company, all companies out there can charge what ever they need to. You can choose to pay it or look someplace else. The fact they choose to elaborate and tell you where the "increases" are get people wound up. They don't have to say shit. They could just be the price is the price. Buy it or don't.🤷

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford seems to be at it again for price increases. If you look at the prices I have put on there, they are now charging for almost every one of their paint colors. Pretty ridiculous really. They obviously aren't investing in proper website designers with that extra money. They cant even get matching rims on their generated image...

On another note, you can see there is now two molded in color hard top options, but it is not clear what the differences are other than one must be . for our Canadian friends to the north by spelling color, "colour". Anyone know what the difference in the two hard tops are? There is roughly a $500 difference in the two, but both appear to be molded in color carbonized gray hard tops. Haven't seen any threads on this yet.

Also, how long have been been waiting currently for builds roughly? I know my two door I got as part of the original reservation and orders took me 795 days. I highly doubt they are taking that long with how much stock is at the dealers currently.
Ford Bronco Updated Build And Price For 2024s: Charging for almost every paint color now manualtransmissio
Ford Bronco Updated Build And Price For 2024s: Charging for almost every paint color now manualtransmissio
Its the Natural Model Cycle: I remember reading an analytical article a decade or two ago (in Car and Driver, I think) about the relative advantage and disadvantage of buying early or late in a new model cycle. The thesis was that price-wise, buying in the first year (or two) of new car model release was always advantageous, because as the vehicle ages, and (if it) gets popular, pricing increases and the vehicle gets more expensive. The advantage a few years of waiting is that design flaws get fixed, and options increase, including features not available in the first year or two. But you pay more. So what We're seeing here is a pretty natural cycle of model pricing on a new innovation.

Innovators are rewarded price-wise for adopting early. Innovators are penalized with design flaws and option availability. When I bought my 2021 OBX, it was a good price, $51,500 for a High Package, Equipment group 313a ($1295) non-SAS with leather-electric seats (2195) the 2.7 engine (1895). The MIC top was $695, Tow ($595), aux switches (195). The auto-4wd transfer case and the rear locker upgrade with 4.27 axles are included in the package. Now, you can't buy the AdvAuto TC alone, you have to buy SAS.

My vehicle was built July 13, 2021, but disappeared, and then I received this letter Summer 2021, with FORD calling the Bronco Hardtop "the Achilles Heel in this Launch" and unable to promise a delivery date. Innovators can be penalized with early production design flaws, I was. My Bronco finally arrived October 21, 2021 with a revised MIC top. It was worth the wait!

When I first ordered in January, 2021, I had not seen a Bronco. When I finalized/confirmed 4/16/21, I sat in a display model making the rounds of dealers, not allowed to drive it. There were few reports or reviews of the drivability of the various trim levels, the performance of Sasquatch vs non-SAS. It was all guesswork and blind-faith ordering. Just after I received my VIN in May, 2021, I finally drove a dealer model. I felt I was getting a uniquely designed replacement for the two Broncos I had owned 1990-2001.

So now the price is higher, but the options are better. If I'd known how well the SAS package drives, I would have bought one in 2021 for only $4,000 more. But the Advanced Auto TC with rear locker was for me the perfect mini-SAS with better MPG, and the Badlands 285/70R17 tire upgrade perfect for my beach & road use. To me it's all part of a model cycle. I feel satisfied with the benefit of buying early, despite the production problems.

I think that the biggest unexpected problem right now for these vehicles is interest rate. I got a low rate, and put money down. Its much higher now.

Maybe I'll upgrade to a more refined OBX, but I'm much more likely to keep it long term, while enjoying reading about the many refinements and upgrades that are now available to you new customers that I couldn't purchase, like that Hoss 3.0. . . . The Raptor . . . A possible Bronco pickup truck . . .

20240604_111913.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't get why this is even a thing people whine about. A company, all companies out there can charge what ever they need to. You can choose to pay it or look someplace else. The fact they choose to elaborate and tell you where the "increases" are get people wound up. They don't have to say shit. They could just be the price is the price. Buy it or don't.🤷
Really? You don't get why people complain about being priced out of buying something they're passionate about? That's an alien concept to you? Congratulations on having never wanted for anything I guess. I already bought mine so I've got no dog in this fight, but it would cost me $9k more to buy right now the equivalent Bronco to what I already bought, which is pretty alarming to me since it hasn't gotten 20% better in quality, design, or performance.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really? You don't get why people complain about being priced out of buying something they're passionate about? That's an alien concept to you? Congratulations on having never wanted for anything I guess. I already bought mine so I've got no dog in this fight, but it would cost me $9k more to buy right now the equivalent Bronco to what I already bought, which is pretty alarming to me since it hasn't gotten 20% better in quality, design, or performance.
No, I'm Canadian. If I were to try and rebuy my bronco now it would be 16k more. Along with having to pay at least 30% more for any aftermarket parts. If I want something, I don't care how much it is. I shut up and work harder, figure out how to buy it. Cause it's on me whether I choose to buy shit or not. I don't whine about it online. That's just the way things are. With everything. Gas, food, housing... I don't see the point. Is coming online going to make anything better? 🙃

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wait, so there's no rear tint on the base model? I figured all models got the same glass with a little tint on the rear.
No tint. Zero. Seriously a fishbowl, but looks old-school.

Ford Bronco Updated Build And Price For 2024s: Charging for almost every paint color now IMG_7505

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I want something, I don't care how much it is. I shut up and work harder, figure out how to buy it. Cause it's on me whether I choose to buy shit or not. I don't whine about it online.
I just today ordered the zone with bushings and ball joints. $626 for them shipped. I wanted the icon delta joints, but I couldn't stomach 1300$ cdn for them
I just ordered a set, over $750cdn with shipping, ouch..
Hell I couldn't even find where I could order them on their site... And yeah, I was ok with pissing the wife off over $250 ($400 Canadian)... But $450 or close to $700 Canadian when all is said and done.... Nahhh

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Two different Squatch wheel options, too. The Everglades style is the cheaper option.

Ford Bronco Updated Build And Price For 2024s: Charging for almost every paint color now Screen Shot 2024-06-04 at 11.49.17 AM
Sponsored