Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was able to meet up with @RAKET over the weekend and do some test fitting of both the PVO Traction Board Brackets. I slightly modified the TBB by moving the platform forward by 1 inch, ensuring that there's no risk of it rubbing on the rear of the soft top or the window.
I now have over 2.5 inches of clearance between the bracket and the rear of the soft top so rubbing will definitely not be an issue for you.
Soft tops have more headroom than the MIC top so height was never an issue, and the soft top measures in with 6 inches of clearance between the bracket and the roof.
Ford Bronco Update on PVO Traction Board Brackets for soft tops IMG_7207

Ford Bronco Update on PVO Traction Board Brackets for soft tops IMG_7202

Ford Bronco Update on PVO Traction Board Brackets for soft tops IMG_7206

We tried to find a way to retract the soft top all the way to the fully retracted position2, and there's no way to make it work with the current design. The cross bars of the soft top interfere with the bracket both in the process of retracting as well as when we tried re-installing the TBB after the top was fully retracted. The TBB will still be fully useful when the top is fully closed or when in position 1, but just not in position 2.

Thank you @RAKET for your help, and your very innovative ideas. If any of you haven't seen his new roof racks, keep an eye on https://www.raketdesigns.com as there's some really cool things in the works.
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Brandon, do you have both the brackets and shelf in stock, ready to ship?

I am considering some quick-turn knobs (even if I have to modify something to use there) to mount the tray to allow for quicker removal...and I'd like to do the same with the brackets but it doesn't look to be enough room there for those.

The more I look at and ponder this, the more I love the genius use of dead space.
Good job on the design here.

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Brandon, do you have both the brackets and shelf in stock, ready to ship?

I am considering some quick-turn knobs (even if I have to modify something to use there) to mount the tray to allow for quicker removal...and I'd like to do the same with the brackets but it doesn't look to be enough room there for those.

The more I look at and ponder this, the more I love the genius use of dead space.
Good job on the design here.
Yep, both are in stock and ready to ship. One of the things we were discussing last weekend was to notch the mounting holes allowing for a quicker removal of the brackets. This would allow you to simply loosen the mounting bolts, then slide the bracket out. There's likely not enough clearance for cam bolts in that area as that would also be nice to easily loosen and remove.

Here's a crappy drawing showing what I mean with the additional cutouts drawn in red. You could just cut those sections out and touch up with paint. I can work it into my next production run, but that might be a couple months out.
Ford Bronco Update on PVO Traction Board Brackets for soft tops Screen Shot 2023-02-15 at 10.40.03 AM
Sponsored