Sponsored

UPDATE: How to Permanently deactivate your Bronco Auto Start-Stop through the dash for free.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Auto Start/Stop Eliminator......best $100 bucks I've spent so far.
Agreed, I installed it the day after I got my truck and have never looked back.
Sponsored

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The grey A.S.S. symbol is proof that the system is enabled but has determined that conditions for the shut down weren't met yet. If it's disabled you should not see any symbol lighting up on the instrument panel, and the status should say something about being deactivated by driver, not normal engine operation or anything else that naturally temporarily disabled the system without actually making it permanent because as soon as the trigger conditions are met and the battery voltage is where the car needs it to be it will turn green and shut off at a stop.

OP
OP
BroncoBuckaroo

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The grey A.S.S. symbol is proof that the system is enabled but has determined that conditions for the shut down weren't met yet. If it's disabled you should not see any symbol lighting up on the instrument panel, and the status should say something about being deactivated by driver, not normal engine operation or anything else that naturally temporarily disabled the system without actually making it permanent because as soon as the trigger conditions are met and the battery voltage is where the car needs it to be it will turn green and shut off at a stop.
yes ...the tech I talked a little while ago said he thinks it’s a sequencing issue and that it (computer) thinks the driver’s door is still off. One of the ways the start stop system shuts down is if the drivers door is open. Well I did this when all the doors were off so makes sense, however the doors are on now and it still is deactivated.

Ford Bronco UPDATE: How to Permanently deactivate your Bronco Auto Start-Stop through the dash for free. 2DB642F3-A94B-4EBA-AB0A-99B6735CA8AC

and you are correct it shows Grey when deactivated (which mine does) however it does not give the reason for failure like it says it can.

Ford Bronco UPDATE: How to Permanently deactivate your Bronco Auto Start-Stop through the dash for free. B479054F-181E-48E4-A957-7038FCAC79D0

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
yes ..I just went to Ford dealer and updated this post. Had tech look at it and he said it probably was sequencing issue when deactivated through the screen when the doors are off ..said it shouldn’t be like that but didn’t surprise him. But mine stays deactivated even after I put the doors back on.
I just tested it didn't work.
Depending on how much power is needed, the ASS will be disabled on the bronco. It tends to get disabled when it's hot outside. I think power is needed for fans and other things.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this guy trolling? I'm not even sure what he did but his ASS was off already so I'm skeptical.
Thank you....it was off when he started so what did he do??

Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With all to respect to folks. In the amount of time I've spent reading how to fix this I could have ordered, received and installed the device. Just sayin!!

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
What is the potential toll on the turbo when the oil feed to the bearing is constantly being stopped with the Auto Start Stop?

Dez

Big Bend
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang, 2021 Hyundai Kona, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't understand why people get so angry having to push a button to turn it off. You literally have to push buttons hundreds of times while driving to change the radio station, cruise control, lane assist, to start the car, etc., etc., etc.. And if you have a 7MT you're constantly using multiple hands a feet.

But THAT button is a step too far and makes people want to smash their face into a wall. :unsure:

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UPDATE: So I got up early before work and headed to my local Ford dealer where my buddy is a service advisor and he had a tech look at it real quick. The Stop Start symbol with the line through it is a real thing, but it means that there is an issue with the system, it’s not an actual way to deactivate the Start Stop. So a couple things that are common, in the video and my self I did this with the doors off (my doors are on right now). Start Stop is still deactivated. So if any of you have your doors off it - give it a try. He said it’s probably one of two things..either it’s a ”sequencing issue” meaning they might have not sequenced it during coding for the doors to be off and turning the Start Stop off at the display or it may be a chip issue we’re they used a different chip because of shortage and that particular chip didn’t handle the start stop through the display the same way it does through the manual button. He offered to reset it, but I said nooo.

Not sure if someone posted a how to video on how to permanently deactivate the Bronco Start-Stop function..I searched and didn’t see anything..sorry if already posted.

Not sure why so many people get bent out of shape over this feature. As cool as it is to waste gas sitting around doing nothing waiting for a light to change and all that.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is the potential toll on the turbo when the oil feed to the bearing is constantly being stopped with the Auto Start Stop?
The same as it is when you shut it off normally.

Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure why so many people get bent out of shape over this feature. As cool as it is to waste gas sitting around doing nothing waiting for a light to change and all that.
It's annoying and wasting gas is no big deal, besides we are all dead by 2030 so who cares.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
The same as it is when you shut it off normally.
On my previous turbocharged vehicles, If I am running the engine hard, I let the engine idle for a minute so the turbine turning at around 150,000 RPMs has time to slow down and don't run without oil flowing. It usually has time to slow down when I enter my neighborhood and I'm doing 20 mph.

If the A/S/S immediately stops the engine on a red light after heavy acceleration it won't be the same as when I shut it off normally...

Caliboy

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak, Charger SRT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
UPDATE: So I got up early before work and headed to my local Ford dealer where my buddy is a service advisor and he had a tech look at it real quick. The Stop Start symbol with the line through it is a real thing, but it means that there is an issue with the system, it’s not an actual way to deactivate the Start Stop. So a couple things that are common, in the video and my self I did this with the doors off (my doors are on right now). Start Stop is still deactivated. So if any of you have your doors off it - give it a try. He said it’s probably one of two things..either it’s a ”sequencing issue” meaning they might have not sequenced it during coding for the doors to be off and turning the Start Stop off at the display or it may be a chip issue we’re they used a different chip because of shortage and that particular chip didn’t handle the start stop through the display the same way it does through the manual button. He offered to reset it, but I said nooo.

Not sure if someone posted a how to video on how to permanently deactivate the Bronco Start-Stop function..I searched and didn’t see anything..sorry if already posted.

This works in sport mode but not in ECO which makes sense. Thank you for this!

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands