First Name
Liz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am a PA State Representative and Member of the House Transportation Committee. My wife bought a 2022 Outer Banks and has been a member here since she ordered it in 2021. I regularly read here through her account, as I await delivery of a Black Diamond (built last week, 6/26!).

I received an email from a Jeep-enthusiast resident in May advising of the Senate bill and asking that the House pass the bill. I did some research on the PA law, the laws of other states and the pending Senate bill. On Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, we were in the Bronco, and my wife said, "let's take the doors off." I said, "Can't. Not legal in PA." She said, "Free the Doors!" From the passenger seat I emailed the House Transportation Committee staff, and after a few lighthearted exchanges ("Read your owner's manual, doors should be removed only for offroad use") with the staff and the Committee Chairman, the Chairman said he (already) planned to run the bill.

Last week, we voted in Committee unanimously to approve the bill and also unanimously approved an amendment that would extend to after-market doors. My wife attended the meeting, and Chairman Neilson called her out as a supporter of the bill.

The bill now will go to the full House for a vote, hopefully, though not definitely this week or next week. When passed by the House, because the bill was amended in House committee to include after-market doors it will go back to the Senate for a vote on the amended bill. When passed by the Senate, the bill will be presented to Governor Shapiro to be signed into law.

On our end, we're looking forward to delivery of the Black Diamond and ordering two sets of door bags!
“The Wife” here. He’s my hero. Free the doors! I really did sit, front and center, in the Transportation Committee hearing for this vote.
I am a rule follower. I could drive the NJ and remove my doors. But when I do get to take them off, I really want to be able to safely and gingerly store them at our home. I’ll be at the bill signing when it happens and we’ll make sure the forum is notified asap when it passes on final consideration in both chambers.
Sponsored

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am a PA State Representative and Member of the House Transportation Committee. My wife bought a 2022 Outer Banks and has been a member here since she ordered it in 2021. I regularly read here through her account, as I await delivery of a Black Diamond (built last week, 6/26!).

I received an email from a Jeep-enthusiast resident in May advising of the Senate bill and asking that the House pass the bill. I did some research on the PA law, the laws of other states and the pending Senate bill. On Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, we were in the Bronco, and my wife said, "let's take the doors off." I said, "Can't. Not legal in PA." She said, "Free the Doors!" From the passenger seat I emailed the House Transportation Committee staff, and after a few lighthearted exchanges ("Read your owner's manual, doors should be removed only for offroad use") with the staff and the Committee Chairman, the Chairman said he (already) planned to run the bill.

Last week, we voted in Committee unanimously to approve the bill and also unanimously approved an amendment that would extend to after-market doors. My wife attended the meeting, and Chairman Neilson called her out as a supporter of the bill.

The bill now will go to the full House for a vote, hopefully, though not definitely this week or next week. When passed by the House, because the bill was amended in House committee to include after-market doors it will go back to the Senate for a vote on the amended bill. When passed by the Senate, the bill will be presented to Governor Shapiro to be signed into law.

On our end, we're looking forward to delivery of the Black Diamond and ordering two sets of door bags!
What is your opinion on running the OEM tube doors if they were ordered from the factory and are listed on the sticker? And on Ford's website, it says "Meets all Ford safety and corrosion requirements"

Ford Bronco Update: Doors off in now legal in PA tubedoorsoem.PNG

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Awesome!
Maybe I'll run into you guys at McCaffreys sometime :LOL: :cool:

Y2KFirehawk

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@NewtownPA any updates? It looks like the bill has been tabled and many people are wondering about the future of it ;)

AGChevelle

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 XLT Super cab
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any word here? Or classic lawmakers not doing anything?

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Considering we have more state legislators than any other state except maybe one we definitely do not get our money's worth from our elected officials.

Sponsored

NewtownPA

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks, Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Update: Senate Bill 298 is on the PA House of Representatives Calendar for Second Consideration on Tuesday, July 2. There presently are no proposed amendments filed. If it proceeds as anticipated, then the bill will be eligible for a vote on final passage in the House as soon as Wednesday. Because the bill was amended in the House Transportation Committee, when it passes in the House it will go back to the Senate for a vote on concurrence.

Here is the link to information about the bill: https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/billinfo/billinfo.cfm?syear=2023&sind=0&body=S&type=B&bn=298.

Lock

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you very much for the update, it’s appreciated.

Y2KFirehawk

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Update: Senate Bill 298 is on the PA House of Representatives Calendar for Second Consideration on Tuesday, July 2. There presently are no proposed amendments filed. If it proceeds as anticipated, then the bill will be eligible for a vote on final passage in the House as soon as Wednesday. Because the bill was amended in the House Transportation Committee, when it passes in the House it will go back to the Senate for a vote on concurrence.

Here is the link to information about the bill: https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/billinfo/billinfo.cfm?syear=2023&sind=0&body=S&type=B&bn=298.
Thanks for the update and support!
Sponsored