Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We're happy to announce that we've just confirmed compatibility with the KR Off-Road Compressor Bracket and the UDA EGOI 2 Air Compressor!

Not only that, but we're now a stocking dealer for UDA, stocking their EGOI 2 Air Compressors!

The UDA EGOI 2 Air Compressor is very similar to the ARB Twin Compressor. Both air up tires in about the same time (the UDA is a few seconds slower due to the pressure valve they use, it takes an extra second or so to kick the compressor on). Both bolt up pretty much the same and both are of equal quality.

We ran a test on our Bronco and going from 18PSI to 35PSI on 37x13.50 tires took us 1 minute, 30 seconds with the ARB Twin and 1 minute 45 seconds with the UDA EGOI 2. We believe the extra 15 seconds is due to the compressor starting up. With the ARB, when you let off the air and go to air back up it kicks in quicker then the UDA compressor. As we said, this is most likely from the pressure valve UDA is using is all.

The UDA compressor doesn't allow the coupler to rotate however in our testing, mounting the coupler straight up causes NO problems. We have an Outer Banks which is the extra padding underneath. It LOOKS like the coupler touches it but even if it does, it's just foam and won't hurt it AT ALL.

Here is the best part... well one of the best parts. BUILT IN ON/OFF SWITCH! This saves you from running an extra harness to your upfitter wires (or if you don't have upfitters, installing a switch panel). Simply connect the included power harness from the compressor to your battery and you are DONE. There is an on/off switch right on top of the compressor.

It's fully compatible with all standard fittings, such as the ARB Coupler + Pump Up Kit.

Here's the 2nd best part... the complete kit (with our KR Off-Road Bracket) saves you $116!!!

Want even MORE savings... use coupon code BRONCO6G and save ANOTHER 10%. So now you're in it for $674.98 - For an on-board air compressor under your hood!

INSANE!

The compressor comes with a 4 year warranty as well btw.

Order the complete kit here: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/kr-off-road-air-compressor-engine-bay-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/ (our stocking order is en route and we expect to have the UDA EGOI 2 Compressors in stock 6/28/2023)

Ford Bronco UDA EGOI 2 Compressor + KR Off-Road Engine Bracket Photo15

Ford Bronco UDA EGOI 2 Compressor + KR Off-Road Engine Bracket Photo14

Ford Bronco UDA EGOI 2 Compressor + KR Off-Road Engine Bracket Photo13

Ford Bronco UDA EGOI 2 Compressor + KR Off-Road Engine Bracket Photo9
Sponsored

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Got several questions for ya (forgive me, I don't have experience with onboard air):

- Do we know if the EGOI Dual Compressor is made in the good 'ol US of A? I understand the country of origin is USA, but I cannot find manufacturing information

- I noticed their documentation says "when used with an air tank it will run air tools and impact guns" -- is the ARB Twin Compressor the same way, meaning it also requires an additional air tank to run air tools?

- How would compatibility with an ARB air locker work with the EGOI?

- Is there any information on real-world lifespan/reliability with respect to the ARB?

- Is it really a knock off of ARB's single compressor, doubled up and slightly larger, as I've read elsewhere? Some folks on another forum have pointed out that the design matches identically (even the stickers) with cheaper models on Amazon

- How much louder is the EGOI than the ARB?

TIA!

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No the UDA is not made in the USA< nor is the ARB Compressor.

The ARB Twin and the UDA are similar in that if you want to run air tools you'll need to install a tank. Neither stores enough air to supply that initial discharge to air tools without a tank.

Lockers would connect exaclty the same to the UDA as far as air goes. Where your switches come into place is different. There is no remote on/off button for the UDA, you have to press the button on the compressor. So if you had an air tank that stored air you could still activate the solenoids with lockers to dump the air to them, but you can't re-fill the tank without pressing the button.

No information yet on durability compared to ARB. Both appear to be made similar. Based on my conversations with UDA asking about quality compared to ARB I was told "they are pretty much the same quality"

I mean I don't work for UDA i'm just a re-seller but looking at it ... yeah it's a copy of ARB's compressor. The tanks are reversed which changes how it looks and mounts (they did put multiple mounting points on that match the same style as ARB, which is why it works with our KR Off-Road Mount). They both sound very similar (if anything the UDA sounds a bit quieter). The ARB's pressure switch kicks in quicker then the UDA as I stated. But if you painted the UDA blue you'd think on quick glance it was an ARB. Same footprint essentially and the same power harness.

I've always been an ARB fan and I never liked the chinese knock-offs I saw that looked identical to ARB. UDA changed things up a bit and incorporated the switch (which ARB does not have). So that switch is a GOOD thing for some and a BAD thing for others (like you said, when trying to use lockers).

Right now we left the UDA on our Bronco and put the ARB in the display case. We plan to run the UDA for a while. It does have a 4 year warranty compared to ARB's 3 year warranty. I've not dealt with a claim yet with UDA but with ARB I've honestly never had to deal with a claim on a compressor either (early on before we started re-padding every compressor we shipped, we had some ARB compressors show up with damaged harness connectors, but ARB was quick to replace those).

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Don't forget to use coupon code BRONCO6G and save 10% on your complete kit!

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If you dig behind you owns the UDA EGOI company now, I would say its on solid ground. Based on my limited use of the one I have in my Braptor, soo far soo good. The warranty falls under the US not some overseas Co so that is a good start. I adapted it to a another ARB plate on my molle cage because the bolt pattern is extremely close as 6 out 8 bolts work. For reference on a single air line inflating one of my OEM KO2 37 tires from 20psi to 45 psi is around 90 seconds.

Sponsored
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you dig behind you owns the UDA EGOI company now, I would say its on solid ground. Based on my limited use of the one I have in my Braptor, soo far soo good. The warranty falls under the US not some overseas Co so that is a good start. I adapted it to a another ARB plate on my molle cage because the bolt pattern is extremely close as 6 out 8 bolts work. For reference on a single air line inflating one of my OEM KO2 37 tires from 20psi to 45 psi is around 90 seconds.
Correct. I spoke to the guys at UDA. They are former employees of some big retail chains/distributors. So they know what they are doing. Their compressors are also stocked by lots of distributors, so that tells you they have the support needed to handle anything thrown at them (as far as shipping, inventory, customer service, warranty work).

We ordered 1 compressor to test out before we made the decision to stock it and sell them. It wasn't until we finished installing it and tested it out we said "yup, this works great, let's sell them" - Anything we we sell, we try ourselves because the last thing we want to do as a company, is sell junk.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

These kits are 15% off right now for our 4th of July Sales Event!

compressor-kit2-15-off.jpg

15% OFF on the KR Off-Road Compressor Kits for the 2021+ Ford Broncos & 2005+ Toyota Tacomas

If you've been looking for an easy to install compressor for your Bronco or Tacoma look no further. Our KR Off-Road Kits are 100% bolt-on and uses factory mounting points. There's no excuse to air back up after a day of hitting those trails with these kits!

BONUS GIVEAWAY: The first 10 customers to purchase one of our KR Off-Road Compressor Kits with an ARB Twin Compressor will receive a FREE ARB E-Z Digital Tire Deflator. The deflator will be added to your cart automatically if you meet the requirements and you are one of the first 10 customers to purchase the kit.
Sponsored