First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Getting set to install the Turn winch plate onto the modular bumper and want to reinforce the frame rails. Looking at the Addictive Desert Design (ADD) frame horn gussets, anyone installed these on the modular bumper with winch plate?
Sponsored

TerryVester

Outer Banks
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 Corvette, Jeep Wrangler, Linlcon
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I used the ones from Tricky Dick and they are quite beefy, but they do not appear to be offering them any more.

Mudlight

Base
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
LOD frame brackets is what i used.

Reactions: TLO

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone knowledgable willing to comment on the single bolt in the ADD vs the two bolts in the LoD? Bends I have seen online have twisted the mounting plate up or down and I’m curious if the single slotted hole in the ADD would work as well as the two holes on the LoD. 🤷

IMG_3951.png

IMG_3950.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jwis

Jwis

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have ordered the ADD brackets, will advise if/how they work with the Turn bracket and Ford modular bumper. From looking at it, I think the bumper may need minor mods. Probably next week before I can get to the project.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jwis

Jwis

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Finally installed the ADD frame reinforcements and encountered no major issues with the modular bumper and Turn OffRoad winch mounting brackets. Everything straightforward with the brackets except I had to modify the Ford nut retaining plate which I thought easier than fitting individual nuts up behind. Modification was to cut out the metal stamping between the two-nut side and the single-nut side. Also had to slightly clearance and radius the bottom of the ADD bracket as it had a very slight interference with the frame/bumper.
Tightened and torqued in a back-and-forth pattern to ensure the ADD bracket and winch retaining front bracket did not move laterally.
The Turn OffRoad winch bracket is another story... More on that in another post. Would not recommend it and am REALLY sorry I didn't pay up for the Ford/Warn bracket.

frame brackets.jpg

BigBend530

Big Bend
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2Dr.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Anyone knowledgable willing to comment on the single bolt in the ADD vs the two bolts in the LoD? Bends I have seen online have twisted the mounting plate up or down and I’m curious if the single slotted hole in the ADD would work as well as the two holes on the LoD. 🤷
I have the LOD frame horn reinforcements with the capable bumper and JCR winch plate. The "two holes on the LOD" isn't something to overthink in my opinion. The LOD brackets also come with holes for flat towing attachment but I cut those off because they would require notching skid plate for them. The two holes for bolts through the frame require one factory frame hole to get drilled to bigger diameter per the instructions and it was more an optional thing to install the 2nd bolt. I just used a smaller diameter bolt in that location cause I wasn't gonna mess with drilling the frame.

OP
OP
Jwis

Jwis

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have you used the JCR winch plate yet? What winch are you using? That was my second choice and I have heard good things about it. Am using Warn 12K with synthetic.

BigBend530

Big Bend
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2Dr.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Have you used the JCR winch plate yet? What winch are you using? That was my second choice and I have heard good things about it. Am using Warn 12K with synthetic.
I have not used the winch yet for either self recovery or recovering others. I have a Warn EVO 10k mounted to it.

A friend in a local Bronco club has a Braptor with the JCR winch plate and I spoke with him on trail ride and he said he had used his a lot more than he wanted pulling others and himself stating nearly 8 to 10 recoveries on one snow trip and no issues. I dont think he added frame horn brackets either.

VE7 NGC

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco Turn winch plate with frame horn reinforcement frame brackets

Ford Bronco Turn winch plate with frame horn reinforcement frame brackets
I just got done installing a set of the ADD brackets today and let's just say I sent them a lengthy email with my thoughts on their kit. I had to grind material away from the top of each bracket to get them to not be hard up against the frame horn internal radius. Also the big issue is the brackets do not sit flush against the back of the frame horn mounting surface, they did not clearance for the little stud that sticks out the back so the brackets just sits on top. This leaves a gap between the bracket and the frame. only way this will get tight is something bending.

Looking at the image of the LOD ones I can see that they cut away where the stud is located so this would not be an issue. Unless ADD changes something in their kit I would defiantly got with the LOD brackets. I just wish I had noticed this before I ordered

Reactions: TLO

Sponsored

VE7 NGC

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
some photos of the shims I had to make to clear make up the thickness of that stud

20240504_181932 (1).jpg

20240504_181950 (1).jpg

20240504_181943 (1).jpg

20240504_190214.jpg

20240504_195359.jpg

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Amy issues with the skid plate mounting back up with that tab there?
No. When I started I was certain I’d have to either cut the tab off or notch the skid plate, but didn’t need to. It was close, but cleared. You can see the tab in relation to skid plate In the pic.

IMG_2422.jpeg

TLO

Heritage
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
No. When I started I was certain I’d have to either cut the tab off or notch the skid plate, but didn’t need to. It was close, but cleared. You can see the tab in relation to skid plate In the pic.

Ford Bronco Turn winch plate with frame horn reinforcement IMG_2422
Taking a quick peek behind my Heritage bumper... Looks like the bumper/fogs have to come off to be able to mount/drill for these....?
Dang...
Because I don't have sensors, I think i can mount my winch plate without having to take off the bumper.
Sponsored