Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same boat. On the way to Sonoma Cty with a Weds arrival. Hopefully early enough I can run over to the shop to uncrate and install. I have no top on now with rain coming Thursday so tomorrow is ideal. If it's on I'll get photos up.
Up and running. Only driven about 10 mi. so far but quiet. One small issue dealing with Todd on...we'll see how that resolves but seems minor. Related to weather stripping bottom of rear window. Happy with the quality and the fact that I actually have a hard top now! And I didn't wait long.

20240228_155211.png
Sponsored

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Rain out of the forecast
Soft top removed
Ready for tomorrow’s delivery…
Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE IMG_3998
Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE IMG_3999

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sooooo,
FedEx guy called this morning and told me the Crate was too big for their liftgate, so unless I had a way to get it off the truck myself, they could not deliver and would have to send it back.
Those of you that had your tops delivered, how many guys will it take to get this thing off the delivery truck by hand?
Will we be able to tilt it down and slide it to the ground or something similar?

I told them to go ahead and bring it, but I'm hoping we can get it to the ground without damage.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sooooo,
FedEx guy called this morning and told me the Crate was too big for their liftgate, so unless I had a way to get it off the truck myself, they could not deliver and would have to send it back.
Those of you that had your tops delivered, how many guys will it take to get this thing off the delivery truck by hand?
Will we be able to tilt it down and slide it to the ground or something similar?

I told them to go ahead and bring it, but I'm hoping we can get it to the ground without damage.
two guys can lift it. easy to grab and move around. Go to harbor freight and grab a couple of those cheap furniture dolleys and you will only have to lift it from the tailgate to the ground.

edit: in fact you can easily remove the targa piece first and really help out the weight. Only takes a few seconds to slide the targa box out. Cut the wrap with scissors and slide the box out.

Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE 58316_W3

Last edited:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sooooo,

Mine was delivered by a sub-contractor with FedEx. They showed up in a 5 Ton (I think) with a lift gate. When it was on the ground, I realized the crate was too tall for my garage. One person can tilt it safely onto the ground. Myself and the driver easily carried it into the garage.

It's roughly 200 pounds for the shipment. If it's tilted on the ground, it wouldn't be too hard to push it into your garage with one person, depending on the surface it's on.

Edit: If you're needing to lift it off the truck, although two people can likely do it, you may want to ask a neighbour to stop over to help. It'll be much easier with one or two extra sets of hands - So maybe proactively ask a neighbour to be on standby.

Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sooooo,

I'm in Coppell if you're near by. But not avail until after noon. If they deliver after then I could help.

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm in Coppell if you're near by. But not avail until after noon. If they deliver after then I could help.
Appreciate the offer, I'm in Arlington though.
My son is going to stop by and help, and my neighbor is trying to get home in time to assist also.

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not sure how it could be "too big" for their liftgate, but that's what they said.
I mean, it's kind of their job to safely deliver the product...

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure how it could be "too big" for their liftgate, but that's what they said.
The driver struggled a bit with his lift gate - It's a massive crate and tall/awkward and on a lift gate it's a bit unstable. I helped him by holding one side as he was lowering it down. You'll see when it arrives what I mean - It appears much larger in-person vs. what you see on the videos, IMO.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The driver struggled a bit with his lift gate - It's a massive crate and tall/awkward and on a lift gate it's a bit unstable. I helped him by holding one side as he was lowering it down. You'll see when it arrives what I mean - It appears much larger in-person vs. what you see on the videos, IMO.
lol I did the same. I had to operate the lift gate controls for him.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just crack open the crate on the back of their delivery truck and slide it onto your Bronco - Sounds like it'd make your life easier for the install by not having to lift it nearly as high :ROFLMAO:

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just crack open the crate on the back of their delivery truck and slide it onto your Bronco - Sounds like it'd make your life easier for the install by not having to lift it nearly as high :ROFLMAO:
Really wouldn't take much longer.

351W-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1969 Bronco, 2001 Excursion (7.3L)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
and how do they just realize this in the final delivery stage?

Rd1103

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is a little strange to me haha. How did they get it on the truck then!? Mine is arriving tomorrow, so hopefully I don't get the same kind of phone call about potential issues. Either way, I'll help them with it if I have to. It's been too long and I'm ready for the saga to be over (one that TOR has absolutely nothing to do with.)

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
and how do they just realize this in the final delivery stage?
They said it showed up this morning and when they saw it, they realized it would be a problem.
C'mon, you didn't have a bill of lading with all the details?
Sponsored