Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What is the current wait time for a hard top?
Please shoot us an email at [email protected] to get an estimated lead time. It’s constantly shifting as we gain more capacity and more people sign up for the list but Todd can give you an accurate lead time first thing Monday!
Sponsored

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This afternoon I shoved a length of 1/2” pipe insulation between the two gaskets along the front of the Bronco roofline.
You can see there is definite contact there now.
it was a tight squeeze and I had to loosen the latches in front a couple of turns to get it latched. Only got up to around 55 on my short test drive, so I’ll have to see how much difference (if any) it makes on the freeway.
IMG_4140.jpeg
IMG_4141.jpeg
IMG_4142.jpeg
After washing with my pressure washer this morning I found no water leaking inside.
However, while drying, I found a drip onto the driver side window from the front corner of the targa. ( Note: this was NOT there before I added the pipe insulation, so no fault of TOR).
I pressed down on that corner and found a good trickle of water.
I checked the passenger side and there was much less movement on that side and no water coming out. I tightened the driver side down a couple turns and that seemed to remove the last bit of water. Will have to keep an eye on it, but I don’t think water will get in there now.
Ford Bronco Turn Off Road Hard Top - Self Installation & Review IMG_4145

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

After washing with my pressure washer this morning I found no water leaking inside.
However, while drying, I found a drip onto the driver side window from the front corner of the targa. ( Note: this was NOT there before I added the pipe insulation, so no fault of TOR).
I pressed down on that corner and found a good trickle of water.
I checked the passenger side and there was much less movement on that side and no water coming out. I tightened the driver side down a couple turns and that seemed to remove the last bit of water. Will have to keep an eye on it, but I don’t think water will get in there now.
Ford Bronco Turn Off Road Hard Top - Self Installation & Review IMG_4145
A pressure washer will put out around 2000 psi which is way more pressure than you’ll ever have from rain or wind so a drip or two getting in probably means that you’d be fine under normal circumstances. Just an FYI!

CKXVII

Outer Banks
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

PSA: Do NOT over-tighten latches because you will destroy the screws. Also, you may want to assume that if you take the targa off, you should loosen the bolts before re-latching.

I had my targa on / bolts tightened accordingly during the week. Took it off this weekend and when I went to re-latch, the very first one exploded in my face. Reached out to @TURN Todd for a replacement, but looks like I’ll be riding with 3 of 4 latches for now 😔

IMG_1363.jpeg

IMG_1364.jpeg

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

PSA: Do NOT over-tighten latches because you will destroy the screws. Also, you may want to assume that if you take the targa off, you should loosen the bolts before re-latching.

I had my targa on / bolts tightened accordingly during the week. Took it off this weekend and when I went to re-latch, the very first one exploded in my face. Reached out to @TURN Todd for a replacement, but looks like I’ll be riding with 3 of 4 latches for now 😔

Ford Bronco Turn Off Road Hard Top - Self Installation & Review IMG_1364

We designed the latches to fail before they damage the mounting points or the top itself 👍🏻.

But yes it’s always good to make sure that they’re a reasonable tension before clamping them back down because when the targa comes off and goes back on it’s often in a slightly different spot than before which can cause extra tension on the side that is further away.

Sorry that happened but we will get you that new part asap at no charge!

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I assume the mounting point for this latch bolt is still fine? The part that’s mounted to the hard top itself that this screws into?

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine's not a rattle, but more of an almost "thump" when going over bumps. All my bolts are tight, so if it's anything to do with the top, it would have to be the back glass (but I don't think it is).
I thought one of the rear seats was maybe loose, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Maybe the subwoofer?
I need to get someone to sit in back and press on things while I hit bumps.
Check your jack storage area in the back. The jack and/or accessories in the storage compartment can sometimes come loose, rattle, and be the culprit to the noise you’re hearing.

CKXVII

Outer Banks
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I assume the mounting point for this latch bolt is still fine? The part that’s mounted to the hard top itself that this screws into?
Yes; just the screw was broken

CKXVII

Outer Banks
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We designed the latches to fail before they damage the mounting points or the top itself 👍🏻.

But yes it’s always good to make sure that they’re a reasonable tension before clamping them back down because when the targa comes off and goes back on it’s often in a slightly different spot than before which can cause extra tension on the side that is further away.

Sorry that happened but we will get you that new part asap at no charge!
Thanks for the great customer service @Turn Offroad; received email confirmation of the new part shipping this morning. Also, wanted to confirm there was no damage to the plates on the hardtop; just the screw.

Chewie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This afternoon I shoved a length of 1/2” pipe insulation between the two gaskets along the front of the Bronco roofline.
You can see there is definite contact there now.
it was a tight squeeze and I had to loosen the latches in front a couple of turns to get it latched. Only got up to around 55 on my short test drive, so I’ll have to see how much difference (if any) it makes on the freeway.
@Kjbeggs Did this help at all? I'm getting some pretty significant wind noise from that area as well. Also, it survived a rain storm just fine but I did notice some damp carpet after a car wash. Are there any best practices for securing the front edge where the targa meets the windshield?

Sponsored

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Kjbeggs Did this help at all? I'm getting some pretty significant wind noise from that area as well. Also, it survived a rain storm just fine but I did notice some damp carpet after a car wash. Are there any best practices for securing the front edge where the targa meets the windshield?
Honestly, I don’t think it made much, if any difference. I took it out last night and it sounded about the same to me today.
I really don’t feel like I have wind noise coming in at the front edge or the targa, so much as just overall “wind on the vertical windshield”.

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hey guys,

We're actively working with a couple guys who have reported heear
Some suggestions:

Adjust and latch the rear latches and then adjust the front. Check the sides of the targa where it meets the rail on driver and passenger side. That is where it seals and if its not on quite centered there can be a tiny gap which can allow wind noise in. It needs to be centered to perform at its best.

Thanks!

Chewie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys,

Some suggestions:

Adjust and latch the rear latches and then adjust the front. Check the sides of the targa where it meets the rail on driver and passenger side. That is where it seals and if its not on quite centered there can be a tiny gap which can allow wind noise in. It needs to be centered to perform at its best.

Thanks!
Thanks for the reply but I'm having a hard time visualizing. Do you have any pictures of what it should look like? I'll take a look when I get a chance tonight. Like KJ suggested, I might be misinterpreting the wind noise. It's very possible it was always there but I'm just noticing now that my soft top has been removed.

Edit: I have a co-worker with a OEM hard top. He and I are going to lunch on Friday so I'll check to see if the wind noise is comparable to what I'm hearing. Overall, the TOR is a great top. My co-worker has been plagued with pops and rattles in his OEM for over a year. I'll take some wind noise over that every day of the week.

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks for the reply but I'm having a hard time visualizing. Do you have any pictures of what it should look like? I'll take a look when I get a chance tonight. Like KJ suggested, I might be misinterpreting the wind noise. It's very possible it was always there but I'm just noticing now that my soft top has been removed.

Edit: I have a co-worker with a OEM hard top. He and I are going to lunch on Friday so I'll check to see if the wind noise is comparable to what I'm hearing. Overall, the TOR is a great top. My co-worker has been plagued with pops and rattles in his OEM for over a year. I'll take some wind noise over that every day of the week.

Make sure its making a good seal here and on the other side.

TOR-1046921.jpg

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Hey guys,

Some suggestions:

Thanks!
Of course, I went out and checked both sides as soon as I read this post. I latched the driver side where it was nice and tight up against the Bronco. Walked around to the passenger side and immediately saw the sizable gap ( I could fit the tip of my pinkie finger in there).
So I can definitely see where it would be easy to get it off-center.
Loosened both sides and worked it back and forth until it was equally snug on both sides.
will have to see how it sounds on the freeway in the morning
Ford Bronco Turn Off Road Hard Top - Self Installation & Review IMG_4184
Ford Bronco Turn Off Road Hard Top - Self Installation & Review IMG_4183
Sponsored