Sponsored

The Tire Shop jacked up 6 of my Sasquatch Ring Bolts, would anyone have some laying around?

Mrchoochoo

Outer Banks
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree these look good.

What bolts did you use?

Did you put anti-seize on them or use a different method to avoid galvanic corrosion?
I bought them on Amazon. I did use a little of the Blue Loctite. Here is a pic of the ones I bought.

Screenshot_20240627_181642_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Discount Tire always insisted on removing them too when I had them. I’d get the tire shop to pay for them. I stripped one because of the overzealous loctite job the factory did. One bolt was like $18 at the stealership.

OP
OP

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bought them on Amazon. I did use a little of the Blue Loctite. Here is a pic of the ones I bought.

Ford Bronco The Tire Shop jacked up 6 of my Sasquatch Ring Bolts, would anyone have some laying around? Screenshot_20240627_181642_Amazon Shoppin
I ordered these as well, thanks for the post Choo!!!

A feel good addition to my original post: After getting home with my new tires I took the original one's out of the Bronco (yes 4 Sasquatch factory 35's fit in a four door) took a couple of pics and posted them on the local sale site for $200. They were 315 / 70 / 17's with 33,000 miles on them, so they had some miles left. I got a message the next morning from a guy wanting to buy them so I sent him my address. He wanted me to call him instead of messenger and I said no calls messenger was fine. He kept insisting I call which made me think scammer so I messaged him I can take pending off the ad if he changed his mind. He replied no please. And 20 minutes later he was at my house with his young son (10 years oldish). His young son was doing the messenger notes for his dad to me as the guy spoke very little English. The guy explained as best he could he had a couple bad tires not much money and wanted to see if I could do a payment plan on the tires with him. But he didn't want to tell his son to type it out as his son would then know and worry. I said heck yeah we could work something out and told him he could have all four for free and I would help him load them. The look on his face was worth it. He asked are you sure? And I said yes as I went to grab the first tire. He shook my hand about ten times after loading the last one and was visibly happy. Made my day, made my week.

Mrchoochoo

Outer Banks
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ordered these as well, thanks for the post Choo!!!

A feel good addition to my original post: After getting home with my new tires I took the original one's out of the Bronco (yes 4 Sasquatch factory 35's fit in a four door) took a couple of pics and posted them on the local sale site for $200. They were 315 / 70 / 17's with 33,000 miles on them, so they had some miles left. I got a message the next morning from a guy wanting to buy them so I sent him my address. He wanted me to call him instead of messenger and I said no calls messenger was fine. He kept insisting I call which made me think scammer so I messaged him I can take pending off the ad if he changed his mind. He replied no please. And 20 minutes later he was at my house with his young son (10 years oldish). His young son was doing the messenger notes for his dad to me as the guy spoke very little English. The guy explained as best he could he had a couple bad tires not much money and wanted to see if I could do a payment plan on the tires with him. But he didn't want to tell his son to type it out as his son would then know and worry. I said heck yeah we could work something out and told him he could have all four for free and I would help him load them. The look on his face was worth it. He asked are you sure? And I said yes as I went to grab the first tire. He shook my hand about ten times after loading the last one and was visibly happy. Made my day, made my week.
That is awesome...this group has the best hearted people I've known. There was a guy on here that had an extra tow module and I needed one and I offered to pay him and he shipped it to me for free and would not take any money...he said just to pay it forward some day. Bronco Family is for real.

Sponsored

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the same thing happen last week at Discount Tire

The shop was using an already damaged/stripped T45 bit and stripped all the bolts and then claimed they couldn't even get them all tightened down. I went home, got my own T45 and was able to tighten down the ones they said were "too badly stripped to tighten". Went back and they ordered 12 new bolts for me to replace. The store manager tried to blame the factory for putting too much thread locker on them but I had no issue breaking them by hand when using an undamaged bit🤷‍♂️

https://parts.lakelandford.com/p/Ford__/Wheel-Trim-Ring/53777838/W716548S450B.html

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had the same thing happen last week at Discount Tire

The shop was using an already damaged/stripped T45 bit and stripped all the bolts and then claimed they couldn't even get them all tightened down. I went home, got my own T45 and was able to tighten down the ones they said were "too badly stripped to tighten". Went back and they ordered 12 new bolts for me to replace. The store manager tried to blame the factory for putting too much thread locker on them but I had no issue breaking them by hand when using an undamaged bit🤷‍♂️

https://parts.lakelandford.com/p/Ford__/Wheel-Trim-Ring/53777838/W716548S450B.html
I take my Bronco to the dealer for tire work. The Mustang goes to the dealer or a local specialty shop. My dealer matches Tire Rack / Discount Tires pricing for tires. It's just not worth the risk, because if this happens at a dealer they will just replace the bolts.

Last edited:

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I take my Bronco to the dealer for tire work. The Mustang goes to the dealer or a local specialty shop. My dealer matches Tire Rack / Discount Tires pricing for tires. It's just not worth the risk, because if this happens at a dealer they will just replace the bolts.

@Discount Tire maybe you can help this guy.
Per my story, they made it right and ordered 12 new bolts, no need for any help at this point
Sponsored