Sponsored

The Ford Bronco Slideout Tailgate has arrived, but it's missing accessories!

OWEN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This isn't the first time accessories have been missing and I'm actually a little bit annoyed!

Missing C, D, E, F, G

When I ordered the CARGO AREA SECURITY DRAWER last year, the four corner screws were also missing!

Ford Bronco The Ford Bronco Slideout Tailgate has arrived, but it's missing accessories! IMG_2926.JPG

Ford Bronco The Ford Bronco Slideout Tailgate has arrived, but it's missing accessories! IMG_2924.JPG
Sponsored

ByrdDogX

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have a part number for 'I"? (Bottom Right)

ByrdDogX

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. Doesn't look like they have the part numbers listed. Bummer. Hopefully you can get the parts you need fairly quickly. Got mine installed in maybe 5 minutes.

Sponsored

Chinmusic34

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8, 2022 Bronco, 2023 F150, 1969 F100
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This isn't the first time accessories have been missing and I'm actually a little bit annoyed!

Missing C, D, E, F, G

When I ordered the CARGO AREA SECURITY DRAWER last year, the four corner screws were also missing!

Ford Bronco The Ford Bronco Slideout Tailgate has arrived, but it's missing accessories! IMG_2924.JPG

Unfortunately the 1st one I ordered was missing several things as well. The dealership had me bring it back and ordered me a new one. It was a pain but the 2nd one arrived complete and was easy to install and the slide out tailgate is well worth it.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unfortunately the 1st one I ordered was missing several things as well. The dealership had me bring it back and ordered me a new one. It was a pain but the 2nd one arrived complete and was easy to install and the slide out tailgate is well worth it.
How long did the install take? I’m looking to do it myself this summer.

karguy08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want to order one but can't right now without paying $72 "installation" on the ford accessories website :( I want to use my fordpass points but don't want to pay unnecessarily.

Blu6GBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ordered a month ago. Lots of drama on original order getting canceled from Ford accessories do to supply issues, then eventually getting local dealer to re-order for me. Unfortunately I'm missing all bolts which I'm now going through a 3rd order, hopefully this one comes complete.

All said I'm curious... I did receive the 2 rear brackets and I'm looking at the assembly instructions and wondering if the top holes of the brackets should threaded as the assembly schematics suggest the tailgate bolts screw down into? My brackets holes on the top are not threaded. Wondering if this is another error with received parts?

Anyone help confirm if the bracket holes should be threading for bolts to screw down the top tailget peice ? This would be step #11 on the assembly instructions.

Ford Bronco The Ford Bronco Slideout Tailgate has arrived, but it's missing accessories! e9240cc7f6442ee958aaad4546fa61d1

Screenshot_20230402_113003_Samsung Notes.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
OWEN

OWEN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is indeed no thread on the bracket and it works! The funny thing is that the table sent to me for the second time has a bracket, but it does have all the screws. I don't want to return it, so I use the eight screws I removed, but I need some spacers! Hope you are doing well, I am very disappointed with Ford's service!

Blu6GBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is indeed no thread on the bracket and it works! The funny thing is that the table sent to me for the second time has a bracket, but it does have all the screws. I don't want to return it, so I use the eight screws I removed, but I need some spacers! Hope you are doing well, I am very disappointed with Ford's service!
Thanks for your response Owen. So based on everyone's reports, it seems the brackets just aren't threaded, which seems odd to me. Sounds like you can muscle through it or choose to pre-tap it. Was worried it would strip the bolt if attempt without pre-tap. I'll see how things look once the 3rd order comes in and hopefully contains the bolts.

Also, noticed the portable cooler/fridge in the cargo area. I haven't yet researched any yet, but it's on my list. How is that one? Issues / cons?

Thanks

OP
OP
OWEN

OWEN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for your response Owen. So based on everyone's reports, it seems the brackets just aren't threaded, which seems odd to me. Sounds like you can muscle through it or choose to pre-tap it. Was worried it would strip the bolt if attempt without pre-tap. I'll see how things look once the 3rd order comes in and hopefully contains the bolts.

Also, noticed the portable cooler/fridge in the cargo area. I haven't yet researched any yet, but it's on my list. How is that one? Issues / cons?

Thanks
I am using a 45L refrigerator. So far, I feel good. The cooling is fast, the compressor is quiet, and the power is not high. It is ok to use the car's 12V. If you want to talk about the shortcomings, maybe it is a little heavy! In the hot summer, my children and I cannot lack of Coke.

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GC overland 5.7, 18 GC srt 6.4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What’s the weight rating of the slide out?
Sponsored