Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The stock UCAs are very good, will not limit range of motion and will still maintain specs with a moderate lift. I would do the lift and only replace the UCAs if you can not align to specs. Unless you just want to spend some money.
Sponsored

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can you post pics of your 6100 setup? How do you like it btw? :)
I really like the 6100s. I think they are quite a bit better than stock SAS. Pretty tough to beat for the price and they are built to last. Might upgrade in future to 8100s if they ever come out. But only spent $800 on all 4 6100s so low cost for lifted, leveled improved ride. Sorry need to take some better pics.

Ford Bronco Suspension Thoughts for a Basesquatch 20231014_110248

Ford Bronco Suspension Thoughts for a Basesquatch 20231014_110229

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m old and relatively new to this sport. It’s hard not not to get caught up in I need a lift and bigger tires. After two years and trips to Death Valley, Moab, Sand Hollow and eastern Jeep Badge of Honor Trails, I’ve decided that my stock Badlands Sasquatch with its 35” Goodyear tires has more capability than my driving skills will probably support at this point. And, I have no desire to do trails like Pritchett Canyon or Kane Creek in Moab. I’ll tackle Trailsoffroad 6 rated trails all day and do an 8 if it’s down hill. The pic in my signature is rated an 8, back side loop on Top of the World. I don’t believe I could’ve come up it.

Take the money and spend it on having fun in your Bronco with your family. After a few years, if you decide the Rubicon Trail is for you, upgrade away.

Take care. Contented

Last edited:

Muffin Top

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, MK, KK, TJ, DN
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, it's easy to get carried away, when it doesn't actually cost a lot to improve the front-rear articulation balance :

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I really like the 6100s. I think they are quite a bit better than stock SAS. Pretty tough to beat for the price and they are built to last. Might upgrade in future to 8100s if they ever come out. But only spent $800 on all 4 6100s so low cost for lifted, leveled improved ride. Sorry need to take some better pics.

Thanks for the response and pics :) I actually have the Eibach Springs on my SAS now and it rides amazing. BUT - I have gotten better at my trailing and do drive on the faster side and am looking for more comfort and also stability if this setup affords it. I did find another post here where people did COMBINE the Bilstein Shocks and Eiibach Springs......still playing with this idea.......

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for the response and pics :) I actually have the Eibach Springs on my SAS now and it rides amazing. BUT - I have gotten better at my trailing and do drive on the faster side and am looking for more comfort and also stability if this setup affords it. I did find another post here where people did COMBINE the Bilstein Shocks and Eiibach Springs......still playing with this idea.......
I do think they provide a more sporty/performance feel but that said you do still feel the bumps and pot holes. I think the larger 2.6 shock helps with all this. I think the main plus is the more grounded sporty feel. I have 150 extra lbs on the front and it does not nose dive which is the reason I did not go with Eibach after reading some reviews. The ultimate is getting an adjustable coilover but that is 4k plus. 6100s for $800 and not having to get UCAs or other items is the best price and does provide some lift and a more sporty feel and a long lasting shock. Shocksurplus had pretty good things to say about 6100s and I also watched there Eibach video which swayed me to 6100s for the driving I do. I would think keeping 35s and having 6100s you could go pretty hard and still be ok in most driving conditions.
Sponsored