First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the Ford technician and I have found the final piece of my rattle. First two things have helped - Ford replaced sub (tremendous difference) - they put some isolation material between some of the screw mounting points as seen on one of the screws near my thumb and wedge some neofoam (??) between the sub enclosure and the rear fender.

What we found that actually eliminates the rattle is downward pressure on the plastic enclosure as seen in the picture (fingers pushing down towards the ground.) This is the area where you can hear the rattle outside the vehicle. Has anyone else identified this particular rattle and been able to fix?

Ford Bronco Subwoofer rattle - Found location, suggestions to fix 20240415_120025
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
jabrax

jabrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
**Update** After putting panels back on, the technician wanted to try one more thing. Went back in and replaced the hardware screws wrapping them in felt-like material (ex. near thumb in picture) and metal clips

Success - only rattle remaining is now the Tail Light. I will play with that

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I took the enclosure out and plastered that entire cavity - and the enclosure - with kilamat. That helped fix mine, although I’m pretty sure in my case one of the bolts was just backed loose. Better to go overkill while you have it apart though

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took out the whole enclosure, put down a layer of Killmat, then put down another layer of thicker sound dampening rubber on TOP of the kill mat, then plastered the enclosure itself, then stuffed polyfill into the enclosure.

Still have a sympathetic rattle at certain frequencies, have since discovered that the Kicker CompR 8'' is too powerful for the air volume in the enclosure, and that's the issue. I'm going to swap out for the Kicker 6.75 and see if it goes away.

Ford Bronco Subwoofer rattle - Found location, suggestions to fix 1713274084155-tx

Ford Bronco Subwoofer rattle - Found location, suggestions to fix 1713274124819-zm

Also put thick
Ford Bronco Subwoofer rattle - Found location, suggestions to fix 1713274154557-vz

Also put thick dryer mounting pads on the bottom bolts and 1'' thick rubber washers on the top. I've done about as much sound dampening as one can do...

Sponsored
OP
OP
jabrax

jabrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still have a sympathetic rattle at certain frequencies, have since discovered that the Kicker CompR 8'' is too powerful for the air volume in the enclosure, and that's the issue. I'm going to swap out for the Kicker 6.75 and see if it goes away.
Never thought of the lack of air. Interested to see how the smaller sub works.

wizardoforange

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I stole your photo and marked it up because I didn’t think to take any photos when I was working on mine. I had a moderately severe rattle with certain tunes. I located the vibration to the plastic piece right at the tip of the orange arrow I drew. I solved it by tightening the bolt that I circled in orange. To access it, I only removed the rectangular panel beneath the window. A 10 mm flat gear wrench was sufficient.
Ford Bronco Subwoofer rattle - Found location, suggestions to fix 20240415_120025

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think the Ford technician and I have found the final piece of my rattle. First two things have helped - Ford replaced sub (tremendous difference) - they put some isolation material between some of the screw mounting points as seen on one of the screws near my thumb and wedge some neofoam (??) between the sub enclosure and the rear fender.

What we found that actually eliminates the rattle is downward pressure on the plastic enclosure as seen in the picture (fingers pushing down towards the ground.) This is the area where you can hear the rattle outside the vehicle. Has anyone else identified this particular rattle and been able to fix?

I had installed sorbothane tophat washers to help isolate the sub enclosure from the chassis. This, along with stuffing the rear panel, eliminated the rattles even when driving higher power. Here are the deets on that:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/jl-audio-8w3v3-4-in-a-modified-oe-sub-enclosure.78805/

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
For me, the washer of that bolt rattled even when fully tightened. I added a homemade washer cut out of sound insulation.
Sponsored