Sponsored

Static / garbling, intermittent buzz, and frequent reboots.

Desert-Pirate

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan S and Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
‘23 Sasquatch Wildtrek - significant issues with apple carplay, intermittent buzzing, and now heavy static on calls when connected via apple CarPlay. Am taking it to the shop on Monday but is anyone else having system issues like this?
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I see issues occasionally, most frequent is Carplay without audio, or Carplay failing to initialize / phone failing to sync. I have had buzzing while in Carplay, interference causing Carplay to reset, and one instance of Carplay crashing/quitting while I was on a call and Sync dropping my Bluetooth entirely.

So - most of what you see, but probably not at the same frequency. I end up rebooting Sync maybe 2-3 times a week - so interested to see what yrou dealer comes back with.

Bryan1995

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

‘23 Sasquatch Wildtrek - significant issues with apple carplay, intermittent buzzing, and now heavy static on calls when connected via apple CarPlay. Am taking it to the shop on Monday but is anyone else having system issues like this?
Make sure to update your iPhone, mine was having the same problem, but after I did, one of my updates on iOS it's just went away without doing anything on the Bronco

OP
OP

Desert-Pirate

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Make sure to update your iPhone, mine was having the same problem, but after I did, one of my updates on iOS it's just went away without doing anything on the Bronco
Def not an iPhone update issue.. the screw ups happen at a variety of times like when shifting into reverse, proximity sensor goes off, stopping, and when making calls.

Last edited:

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 23 Badlands does this too. I would be interested to see if your dealer can find anything.

Sponsored

fordbroncowildtrak2023

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had the same issue start after an over the air update last October. It got worse and worse as I waited to see if anyone else who was experiencing this found a resolution or had success with their dealer. There are a couple of other threads on this issue here in the forums where folks indicated their dealer updated a module that seems to mostly resolve. Recently, it has nearly gone away in my vehicle leading me to think another update might've fixed it. Good luck finding a resolution.

OP
OP

Desert-Pirate

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had the same issue start after an over the air update last October. It got worse and worse as I waited to see if anyone else who was experiencing this found a resolution or had success with their dealer. There are a couple of other threads on this issue here in the forums where folks indicated their dealer updated a module that seems to mostly resolve. Recently, it has nearly gone away in my vehicle leading me to think another update might've fixed it. Good luck finding a resolution.
Can you provide any more info on the update they made or what module it was on?

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Def not an iPhone update issue.. the screw ups happen at a variety of times like when shifting into reverse, proximity sensor goes off, stopping, and when making calls.
My ‘22 OBX SAS is doing this the past few months. I tried a CarPlay reinstall and then dealer reloaded software. Still doing it. Same times…reverse shift, proximity, breaking, and calls.

OP
OP

Desert-Pirate

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Check for over the air updates that are needed. Mine said there weren’t any available but once I was in the system and logged in to settings over night the problems stopped.
Sponsored