First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So after the 700th video I’ve watched I have come to the conclusion that the headlights are...twitchy. I’ve been trying to decide if it’s a video quality thing or maybe something that doesn’t appear to the naked eye or something else. Somebody set my mind at ease.
Sponsored

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look through your cell phone camera at any of the LED lights, its a frame rate issue that isn't visible to the human eye. I remember the first time I watched Audi run LED's at LeMans and the slowmo videos did this, I thought they'd get black flagged for lights going out.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks gang, this is what I had assumed but it’s like only 50% of the videos I’ve seen so I wanted to make sure. Haha

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Most all monitors appear this way on camera brother. This is due to refresh rates of the lights being recorded. Because cameras record at a different refresh rate than the lights that are refreshing (flickering) as well, you see this as flickering in a recording. The refreshes happen so fast that the naked human eye cannot detect the flicker when it is still, in fact, flickering.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So after the 700th video I’ve watched I have come to the conclusion that the headlights are...twitchy. I’ve been trying to decide if it’s a video quality thing or maybe something that doesn’t appear to the naked eye or something else. Somebody set my mind at ease.
It is an artifact of digital video. Digital video also has trouble with LED lighting, pinstriped shirts and other things similar things.

Pie Grande

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco (eventually)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lol, everyone knows that in a video, the camera receives any types of lights different than the human eye, ima just say lol cuz ur probably joking.... right :(

Sponsored

Jackattack

Badlands
First Name
Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Simple answer. The flicker of the diode in the LED is faster than the frame rate update of a video for most cameras, I believe a high speed camera could pick it up. Could be wrong. Thus showing a flashing instead of a constant light like we see.

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You've been seeing this effect for most of your life: fluorescent bulbs pulse at 60 Hz (60 times per second) -- too fast for the taken eye to notice.

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had a car behind me a few weeks ago that the LED lights were pulsing and almost sent me into an epileptic fit.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As a kid I used to love to watch the 5 star wheels rotate on cars. You get the rpm where they look like they aren’t moving and then the rpm when they look like they are rotating backwards. So cool!

Dane

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500/1966 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey I'm a photographer/videographer and I can tell you that it is merely the shutter speed set on the camera and the type of lights.

[/QUO
Sponsored