SAS Lift Options / Tire Suggestions

STYLZ

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Outbanks Sasquatch (4-door)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There's a few posts focused around this, but I want to be very specific and get people's opinions.

I have a 23 Outer Banks Sasquatch. I will not be off-roading it in any way. It will be a straight mall crawler that I likely will be "passing" to my wife in a year or so - before getting myself something new.
I wanted to get 37's on it, and based off what I have read, a 2" lift or spacer is needed to not have rubbing problems - as well as possibly wheel spacers (which I just purchased 1.5'' ones from KSP).
I would like to not break the bank, so one of those $6k Icon kits are out of the question.

All that being said, what would your thoughts be on the kit I would need to achieve this?
Something like this? Superlift or this? Zone

Lastly, if I stick with the SAS rims, what 37 tire would you recommend? Something similar looking to the stock SAS tires would be nice.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There's a few posts focused around this, but I want to be very specific and get people's opinions.

I have a 23 Outer Banks Sasquatch. I will not be off-roading it in any way. It will be a straight mall crawler that I likely will be "passing" to my wife in a year or so - before getting myself something new.
I wanted to get 37's on it, and based off what I have read, a 2" lift or spacer is needed to not have rubbing problems - as well as possibly wheel spacers (which I just purchased 1.5'' ones from KSP).
I would like to not break the bank, so one of those $6k Icon kits are out of the question.

All that being said, what would your thoughts be on the kit I would need to achieve this?

Lastly, if I stick with the SAS rims, what 37 tire would you recommend? Something similar looking to the stock SAS tires would be nice.

Thanks!
Bilstein 6100s on highest setting, 37K02s very light and quiet for 37s and look good, not a fan of spacers. Sell your oem and get a set of 0 offset wheels. RTRs are light and pretty affordable. That's all you have to do.

OP
OP
STYLZ

STYLZ

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Okay, so replace the shocks with those and should be able to run the 37s pretty good? Think I need any cutting or the clearance kit thingy?

Got a recommend vendor for the 6100s? Not seeing them on sites I'm familiar with.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
3/4ā€ spacers, Readylift 3ā€ kit & Yokohama ATs

OP
OP
STYLZ

STYLZ

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Thanks!
i have factory sas 0 lift 0 level ..running 36x12.5x17 "0 rub " and i work it hard a bit more aggressive then your average mall crawler but looks and rides just fine
Ford Bronco SAS Lift Options / Tire Suggestions IMG_2683

Ford Bronco SAS Lift Options / Tire Suggestions IMG_2685

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm a firm believer in, it's your car - do what makes you happy.

But with that said, and the idea that you're never going off road and passing it on to your wife, without dropping thousands you will be losing ride quality for only the benefit of looks, not to mention worse MPGs, but you already knew that.

There are sacrifices that come with modifications, so you have to balance the pros vs the cons, in your case I don't see the win.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OP
OP
STYLZ

STYLZ

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm a firm believer in, it's your car - do what makes you happy.

But with that said, and the idea that you're never going off road and passing it on to your wife, without dropping thousands you will be losing ride quality for only the benefit of looks, not to mention worse MPGs, but you already knew that.

There are sacrifices that come with modifications, so you have to balance the pros vs the cons, in your case I don't see the win.
Wow, really...
So more or less stock SAS and stock SAS rims and got 36s? Can I ask which tires you got? I guess I didn't consider just going from the stock 35s (34.4 or whatever) to 36, just to get a bit more lift and the look I want.
Also, is that a brace of some sort for the tire rod?
Is the 12.5 biggest width on the SAS rims?
Thinking maybe can get 13.5 if did a 1.5'' wheel spacer...

I called a local truck shop who do lifts to get some pricing and opinion - and they said a RPG 3'' lift in front 2.25 in back...I think he was misunderstanding about the difference in the sas and non-sas.

Last edited:

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wow, really...
So more or less stock SAS and stock SAS rims and got 36s? Can I ask which tires you got? I guess I didn't consider just going from the stock 35s (34.4 or whatever) to 36, just to get a bit more lift and the look I want.
Also, is that a brace of some sort for the tire rod?
Is the 12.5 biggest width on the SAS rims?
Thinking maybe can get 13.5 if did a 1.5'' wheel spacer...

I called a local truck shop who do lifts to get some pricing and opinion - and they said a RPG 3'' lift in front 2.25 in back...I think he was misunderstanding about the difference in the sas and non-sas.

If you are going to a bigger tire and it fits without modifications you aren't messing with the geometry like you are with the lifts.

I just Googled and found this, good as place as any to start: UnderstandingLifts

edit: And yes, going to a bigger tire, you may either need to get a rim with less offset or run with spacers.

Sponsored

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ya wonā€™t need more than than 3/4ā€ spacers for 13.5s but Iā€™d add the JKS clearance kitā€¦I am not a fan of the big perch lifts because they add stiffness and lose articulationā€¦

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Last edited: