broadicustomworks

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed on all counts: Branding at the expense of the product is bad business. But the star point can be rounded off with a little cutting and filing, which I plan to do. The rest of it is a great design except for the fastening which I suspect won't age well, and the lack of an adjustment to help level the table to account for rake in the rig and/or uneven ground.
A number of people have the view that the tap screws worked good for now and you can nutset it later if necessary. But I think it will be necessary, so maybe will just do that from the start when I'm motivated, rather than annoyed later.
As for leveling, that's something I'm not sure I will really need but will figure out. LIkely not a big deal unless you are cooking on a stove that can't be safely shimmed, in which case the stove probably should just go on the ground or on a rock or a stump or something. Would be curious if anyone else thinks that's an issue with this table (and tables generally) and whether it really needs to be addressed in the installation or not, and if so how.
The obnoxious branding is a semi-new fad that I hope dies a quick death. Places charge a premium price yet you are a rolling and obvious billboard for free (you should check out the DV8 inner fenders for some branding fun).
Anyway...
Happy to report no issues thus far with the potentials you have mentioned.
No rattles outside of common sense and reason, no failure, no compromise of strength due to the star design.
And the star design lends itself to being a handy place to hang a trash bag off the side of the table as well, fun fact.

You can level with a hand-level or torpedo level when installed, tweak as needed to decide on straight and even mounting vs level per the piece of ground you are on at the time.

I opted to install it straight and even and no issues with a small 17" Blackstone griddle or two-burner propane stove.

You kinda have to pick your poison on any of these tables and understand that level in your driveway probably won't equal level on the side of a trail. Not an issue with this table, but an issue with tables hard-mounted in general. OR slides, or pretty much anything that is not on some swivel-camber base.
Sponsored