Sponsored

What exactly is in "Sasquatch Package" ?

AXMRDR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '02 F350 4WD Crew, couple of Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok. first Bronco, bought it about a week ago. The guy at the dealer knew a little about Broncos but not very much. He said the guy had a sasquatch package added after delivery.

What exactly does it have to have to be a "Sasquatch"? I've done some research but I'm not sure who to believe. This rig is lifted, bigger tires but does not have the 'hero' switches. I've seen aftermarket customizers call this type of package a Sasquatch but is it really?

Just want to hear from some guys that actually own Broncos.
Not the best photo but visual aids help.
Ford Bronco What exactly is in "Sasquatch Package" ? potd_152517
Sponsored

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok. first Bronco, bought it about a week ago. The guy at the dealer knew a little about Broncos but not very much. He said the guy had a sasquatch package added after delivery.

What exactly does it have to have to be a "Sasquatch"? I've done some research but I'm not sure who to believe. This rig is lifted, bigger tires but does not have the 'hero' switches. I've seen aftermarket customizers call this type of package a Sasquatch but is it really?

potd_152517.jpg
It means the guy who originally bought it, did what he "considered" the sasquatch package himself.

Put some sort of lift on it, could be anything from pucks to suspension, then added 35" tires.

He did not add the actual Sasquatch package to it. If he did that'd have been expensive as hell. Swap gears in the rear to 4.70's & add locker. Swap out front axle from M190 to M210 w/ locker. And then put on the crappy Bilstein shocks. And lastly as noted above, the Advanced transfer case.

OP
OP
AXMRDR

AXMRDR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the replies. Y'all answered my question.

Still love it. The guy took good care of it and added some nice stuff. Trailer towing package is a nice plus. I don't think he ever took it on a dirt road much less offroad. Cleanest engine compartment I have ever seen on a 2 year old truck.

TBH, me personally, I wouldn't want the 4.70 gearing.
Appreciate the sharing of your knowledge.

Last edited:

Sponsored

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the replies. Y'all answered my question.

Still love it. The guy took good care of it and added some nice stuff. Trailer towing package is a nice plus. I don't think he ever took it on a dirt road much less offroad. Cleanest engine compartment I have ever seen on a 2 year old truck.

TBH, me personally, I wouldn't want the 4.70 gearing.
Appreciate the sharing of your knowledge.
All that really matters is that you are happy with the vehicle. Enjoy it!

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

well whatever he did, he made a nice looking Bronco out of it. I'm sure if you take a few pics of the front and rear suspension, this crew can tell you whatever else is has been changed. Maybe you hit the jackpot. There is a high chance that your car has other accessories added that you don't realize weren't stock. Take a pick of cabin and engine bay too and we can spot any extras.

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

well whatever he did, he made a nice looking Bronco out of it. I'm sure if you take a few pics of the front and rear suspension, this crew can tell you whatever else is has been changed. Maybe you hit the jackpot. There is a high chance that your car has other accessories added that you don't realize weren't stock. Take a pick of cabin and engine bay too and we can spot any extras.
Looks like someone tinted your front windows.

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco What exactly is in "Sasquatch Package" ? potd_152517
Given your grill and bumper combo, I think this is a Base model, correct?

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is from the 2024 page, but it really hasn't changed much

The "high clearance suspension" is the ~1.5" lift. That and the 35" stock tires are about the only things most people would notice at a quick glance, so a lot of people will just called a lifted Bronco "SAS"

But the biggest difference are the 4A transfer case, the front ELD - because that also gets you the bigger M210 front diff and bigger front axles. Those things are a lot harder to add than anything else aftermarket.

The shocks, the tires, the lift, the bead lock capable rims, and even the gearing - all not terrible to change after the fact.

Ford Bronco What exactly is in "Sasquatch Package" ? 1714946573392-ub

Kevin Scarbel

Everglades
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Everglades 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Everglades

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The easy way to tell if it's a full SAS would be if it's got a 4A button on the GOAT dial.

I am sure a lot of people here already knew this, but I just figured it out:

The 4A transfer case has a different gearing ratio than the manual 4WD transfer case.

4A is 3.06:1 whereas the Manual is 2.72:2

OP
OP
AXMRDR

AXMRDR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The easy way to tell if it's a full SAS would be if it's got a 4A button on the GOAT dial.

I am sure a lot of people here already knew this, but I just figured it out:

The 4A transfer case has a different gearing ratio than the manual 4WD transfer case.

4A is 3.06:1 whereas the Manual is 2.72:2
It does not have the 4A. That was one of the other things that wasn't jiving.
I didn't know they had different ratios. Hanging out here is like getting a college education in Bronco.

OP
OP
AXMRDR

AXMRDR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is from the 2024 page, but it really hasn't changed much

The "high clearance suspension" is the ~1.5" lift. That and the 35" stock tires are about the only things most people would notice at a quick glance, so a lot of people will just called a lifted Bronco "SAS"

But the biggest difference are the 4A transfer case, the front ELD - because that also gets you the bigger M210 front diff and bigger front axles. Those things are a lot harder to add than anything else aftermarket.

The shocks, the tires, the lift, the bead lock capable rims, and even the gearing - all not terrible to change after the fact.

That is exactly the details I wanted to know in one place. Thanks.
Sponsored