Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey all,

forgive me for not digging through the million pages of the Manual Trans thread.. but I’m going to look at a..

2023 Manual 2 Door Badlands, Lux, Leather - Shadow Black with 33’ beadlock capable AT

I’m aware of the known things associated with this build.
B&O system lack lustre, possible hardtop deficiency’s, and the Manual trans grinding sound.
He hasn’t sent me the sticker on the Trans - but I assume it’s the old model.
Anyone have the quick rundown of once I crawl under - to determine if it’s old/vs new transmission? (what to look for?)

Any other tips on what to look for before buying it? (Skipping the pre-purchase inspection since it’s pretty new) and going to go through the dealership he bought it from. Essentially they’ll buy it and I buy it from them and set up the financing.

Thanks!
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I don't have a pic to show you what part number look for when you crawl under but should be passenger side. Verify that number against the thread and you'll have your answer. Also it could be the older transmission but had the synchros replaced so see if you're dealer will give you the service history as well. Outside of that just take it for a test drive and see how it does, with it being warm you shouldn't hear the "marbles" like the old transmissions in the cold.
Sponsored