Sponsored

Pin stripes / trail stripes - who really cares?

Pin stripes from exploring - removal can wait or must be immediately taken care of?

• I need to remove them immediately before someone sees them!

• It’s a badge of honor, I’ll keep them.

• You can’t get pin stripes if you only go to Starbucks.

• It can wait!

• I'd rather not, but it's going to happen.

• I'm cautious enough to not get any.

Results are only viewable after voting.

WildHorseJoe

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After doing a little bit of exploring yesterday, I started to notice that the pin stripes in the paint are starting to add up. But I didn’t really care. It’s likely something that I will worry about next year, maybe.

Does anyone else share the sentiment that pin stripe removal from branches/brush falls close to the bottom of things to do with their Bronco?
Sponsored

Noremac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got a real damn good one down through the paint on my passenger rear door.. slid into a limb on the trail, then sounded like the blunt end of a chalk stick across the board....

I buff my vehicles once a year or so.. whatever doesnt come out with a 1 or 2 stage polish can stay there.. they are quite low on my priority list

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
After doing a little bit of exploring yesterday, I started to notice that the pin stripes in the paint are starting to add up. But I didn’t really care. It’s likely something that I will worry about next year, maybe.

Does anyone else share the sentiment that pin stripe removal from branches/brush falls close to the bottom of things to do with their Bronco?
I notice them and make a mental note when I see new ones, but it is far from first priority.

I need to clay bar all of the brake dust/rust speckles off the paint first.

Sponsored

TheSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 EG Badlands Sasquatch / 22 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Between the rock chips and the pinstripes I don’t even think about it. Cursed Ford every time I heard a rock hit the doors, but eventually got over it. I have IAG mud flaps but they don’t catch every rock. I had dozens of rock chips in the doors before I got my first pinstripe, so didn’t bother me much.

OP
OP
WildHorseJoe

WildHorseJoe

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I notice them and make a mental note when I see new ones, but it is far from first priority.

I need to clay bar all of the brake dust/rust speckles off the paint first.
Thats about as far as I go with it. I know they're there and at some point will need some attention.

I need another option in your poll. Something like “I’d rather not but it’s going to happen”
I can probably do that.

Can't see em if you never wash it.
This is true! It'll get a few washes a year.

Between the rock chips and the pinstripes I don’t even think about it. Cursed Ford every time I heard a rock hit the doors, but eventually got over it. I have IAG mud flaps but they don’t catch every rock. I had dozens of rock chips in the doors before I got my first pinstripe, so didn’t bother me much.
Yea, the rock chips too. I'll likely get some mud flaps and I'm toying with the idea of getting some aftermarket rock sliders. I think that would resolve the issue. Also, getting a different tire when these Goodyears are worn out.

Lol had it 8 months, 1 bath when they gave it to me, 1 at a service that I didn't even request 😀
No shame in it!

UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have PPF and ceramic coat over top. I can still get them but not worried about the paint. I had a branch drag, gauge, and scratch the front of the hood (with old PPF). Took the PPF off and no damage to paint only to PPF.

lethalchristy

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition, 2013 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Added to mine this weekend... lol

However most will come off with a quick buff.

IMG_5718.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
WildHorseJoe

WildHorseJoe

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have PPF and ceramic coat over top. I can still get them but not worried about the paint. I had a branch drag, gauge, and scratch the front of the hood (with old PPF). Took the PPF off and no damage to paint only to PPF.
I debated doing PPF next year after a good professional detailing. I'm told that it's never really too late to have it done if the paint can be corrected.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 'pinstripes' on the soft top windows are a little more painful. The ones in the paint will usually come out with an electric buffer.

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As long as I'm the one driving when they happen, I can live with it.
Lol I feel that so much!

I always feel better about damage taken on the trail. Drives me mad when I accidentally bump the paint with my belt buckle or metal zipper from my jacket.

OP
OP
WildHorseJoe

WildHorseJoe

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 'pinstripes' on the soft top windows are a little more painful. The ones in the paint will usually come out with an electric buffer.
I agree with you. I'll probably be switching to a hard top at some point, so I try not to mind.

As long as I'm the one driving when they happen, I can live with it.
Definitely. I slid down a bank into a tree in a 4Runner that I had a while back. I caused it, so nobody to blame but myself. My wife was more mad than I was.
Sponsored