First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What color spray paint are you using if you don't mind sharing. I'm shopping for a used wildtrack 2 door and I love the look of the silver alloy beauty rings, my plan was to replace or paint the black beauty rings with silver alloy look.
FWIW, I imagine it'd be easier to find another owner with an opposite sense of esthetics and simply trade rings. I'm assuming there's a suitable population of Bronco owners where you live.
Sponsored

Johnko

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (in the market for Badsquatch 2 door)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FWIW, I imagine it'd be easier to find another owner with an opposite sense of esthetics and simply trade rings. I'm assuming there's a suitable population of Bronco owners where you live.
Yes I was thinking this as well. Thank you!

Johnko

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (in the market for Badsquatch 2 door)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes I was thinking this as well, thank you. Handful of broncos. Thousands of jeeps 🥱

hoops94010

Wildtrak
First Name
Nuri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Man what a pain though. Getting all the bolts out with every single one being locktite’d. I had to break every one loose with a ratchet and a T45 torx and then I could buzz them off with my impact driver.

Used Raptor1k wheel paint from auto zone. Also the blend 3m scuff pad. That made quick work of the factory finish and made it perfect to spray with the 1k, no primer.

Huge pain in the ass to clean them, then scuff then clean again then paint. But they all came out awesome. I’d do it again if I have to. Total cost was $27 all from auto zone. Also I was lucky enough to get all 5 wheels completely finished black under the rings. I know some weren’t all the way finished.

IMG_8224.jpeg

IMG_8205.jpeg

IMG_8223.jpeg

IMG_8227.jpeg
IMG_1006.jpeg

Sponsored

gomezoscar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Collector status
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great! I did the same thing with Plastidip glossy black. I put garbage inside the wheels to protect the brakes and masked the faces of the wheels. Came out looking the same. Cost was $20. Very easy to touch up, and most importantly, no anxiety about whether I would snap a torx bolt.
Sponsored