First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was briefly scrolling through the Android Auto menu this evening when I saw the OnX logo go scrolling by. Yup. Sure enough OnX Hunt is finally available. I'll have to dick with it OTW home from work in the morning to see how it works. I guess the price increase should come along with some benefit. I know this is old news for OnX Offroad users, but it's something I've been waiting for.
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was briefly scrolling through the Android Auto menu this evening when I saw the OnX logo go scrolling by. Yup. Sure enough OnX Hunt is finally available. I'll have to dick with it OTW home from work in the morning to see how it works. I guess the price increase should come along with some benefit. I know this is old news for OnX Offroad users, but it's something I've been waiting for.
Thanks for posting, I too have been waiting. I had emailed OnX, they said they were working on it, didn't really believe them as the tried to sell me off road. Keep us posted as to how it works out, I'm totally helpless when it comes to tech.

OP
OP

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Update - There are two views available. One is kind of a 3D effect. The other is overhead. Now that I've used OnX, Android Auto wants to use it as a default navigation, so I had to press the Google maps icon. The OnX search function was a buggy hot mess that locked up Android Auto. This was all done in the city. I'll ha e to update again when I get out in the hills. The map does seem to show private land boundaries.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Update - There are two views available. One is kind of a 3D effect. The other is overhead. Now that I've used OnX, Android Auto wants to use it as a default navigation, so I had to press the Google maps icon. The OnX search function was a buggy hot mess that locked up Android Auto. This was all done in the city. I'll ha e to update again when I get out in the hills. The map does seem to show private land boundaries.
Thanks for checking it out. Are the satellite, topo and hybrid views available? And when you returned to Google Maps did it become default or does it keep going back to OnX?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wow! I got it running. All good for now. Makes me feel better about the crazy membership I pay.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I took a little test drive. I used perspective view, satellite and topo worked, I run hybrid. The BLM road I took was labeled, but I couldn't zoom in enough to read it, labeling didn't zoom wi t h maps. Property boundaries and ownership show. I don't think unit boundaries are visible. I have jeep trails in purple on my phone app, didn't show that way on Bronco. I'm not sure how layers will work. This is a big step forward.
Sponsored

Last edited: