Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Got this sitting in a parking lot waiting on wife. So much for auto updates only occurring during scheduled hours….

Ford Pass still shows Dearborn MI too

IMG_1944.png
Sponsored

CactusBob

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yep, got that yesterday. Today received another one.
Ford Bronco New update - 24-PU0227-VI-RBS IMG_9732

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't gotten an update since october, Mid package. Anybody else?

OP
OP
Brian_B

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I haven't gotten an update since october, Mid package. Anybody else?
A couple of things to check

First, Ford slow rolls out most of these updates, so not everyone gets them the same day, week, or even month.

Make sure your battery is fully charged. Even if you think it is, let it sit on a tender overnight. Low battery charge has been reported to block software updates.

Unless you have auto update turned on, you probably aren’t going to get anything without using FDRS. If you do have it on, try toggling/moving around the data/times auto updates are scheduled for.

If you have it available - connect to local WiFi. Ford can push updates over the onboard cell modem but it’s slow.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A couple of things to check

First, Ford slow rolls out most of these updates, so not everyone gets them the same day, week, or even month.

Make sure your battery is fully charged. Even if you think it is, let it sit on a tender overnight. Low battery charge has been reported to block software updates.

Unless you have auto update turned on, you probably aren’t going to get anything without using FDRS. If you do have it on, try toggling/moving around the data/times auto updates are scheduled for.

If you have it available - connect to local WiFi. Ford can push updates over the onboard cell modem but it’s slow.
I'll try the battery charger, I keep my eye on the voltage, and just did a couple of 100+ mile drives that should have it topped off, but worth a try anyway. It's reading 12.7v while off in the garage right now.

I just double-checked that auto updates are on, that wi-fi is enabled and adjusted the time setting, so we'll see. I tried the "update now" and it said "no updates ready that require vehicle downtime."

Do you know if there is anywhere to see what updates have been pushed out?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Brian_B

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do you know if there is anywhere to see what updates have been pushed out?
I'm not aware, other than seeing what other people here post. Maybe someone else knows a method and can post.

I think they all show up in FDRS for dealer install, but that isn't exactly free to check unless you happen to have it, or a buddy/garage/mechanic in your back pocket.

Some people report their vehicles will skip updates too, so ... I have no idea. Ford software team isn't exactly high on my confidence list.

I can say my didn't have any updates (I think I sat on 4.4.3 or something for a long time, when people were posting about 4.4.4). I've never had an issue with my battery voltage either - and almost all of my trips are long, hour+ drives. One day I just left it on my Noco charger over night after playing with some Forscan stuff (my Wife's Sport does have issues with the battery from time to time, but a lot of her trips are just a couple of miles - to the bus stop and back.). The next day I turned auto updates off and back on, and juggled the time around a little bit. And after the night following all of that 6.1.0 popped up.

So... I have no idea.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150 701a 3.5tt 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Got this sitting in a parking lot waiting on wife. So much for auto updates only occurring during scheduled hours….

Ford Pass still shows Dearborn MI too
Auto-updates only apply to updates that require the vehicle to be inhibited while it installs. This is not one of those updates, so it will go through regardless of your auto-updates schedule. Once the OTA trigger is created, starting the vehicle is what will allow the OTA process to go through its motions.

coadr

Badlands
First Name
Coady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh hi @rugedraw, fancy seeing you here 😂

@MileHighCitizen unfortunately I’m leaving town today for a month but if you’re still having update issues in early June when I get back I’m happy to let you borrow my Mongoose cable and walk you through update steps within FDRS.

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know what the update actually changes? It would be great if Ford at least broadly distinguished between feature releases and security/stability improvements.

@RagnarKon is usually clued into these things

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150 701a 3.5tt 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

@MileHighCitizen unfortunately I’m leaving town today for a month but if you’re still having update issues in early June when I get back I’m happy to let you borrow my Mongoose cable and walk you through update steps within FDRS.
I'm everywhere and nowhere at the same time.

Does anyone know what the update actually changes? It would be great if Ford at least broadly distinguished between feature releases and security/stability improvements.

@RagnarKon is usually clued into these things
It is believed that this update is to fix an issue where vehicles on Sync 23159 stop getting certain update(s) they need to progress through the OTA process.

Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Appreciate that a ton!! Ill set a reminder and get in touch here if it hasn't updated by then. Thank you.

EilersPark

Black Diamond
First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
got this update overnight and now I have all sorts of connection issues. have had to reboot the Sync system multiple times to get connection and then got into a situation with the screen blank. I stayed that way (even though my phone showed connected) for 30 minutes, then it just came on. so far this hasn't been great

OP
OP
Brian_B

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

got this update overnight and now I have all sorts of connection issues.
Ive noticed some oddities since this as well

Today my phone just dropped connection in the middle of a call. Sync just flipped out of CarPlay like no phone was ever there. Call was still connected just on my phone.

Then starting the Bronco, the hazard/turn signals would just flash a couple of times for no reason I could figure out

AreUgettingEnufCaffeine

Big Bend
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Got the update.. so far noticed nothing different or ominous 😆

Edit: prolly jinxed myself