Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nice. I looked into these because they offer air cooling options, which Ford annoyingly left out, but didn't know what all is involved in the installation and wasn't sure how well they'd look. I really like my cloth but now I'm tempted a bit more now that I've seen yours to make the swap. Is the original upholstery returned to you after they install the leather?
Sponsored

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What color are your door highlights? Mahogany? I like the olive but not sure if you still have roast somewhere
i have big bend. Interior is grey/black with body color green on the door. Eventually I will add seat color highlights to doors and dash.

OP
OP

Andy_M

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
These look great. Couple of questions. Do these work with the molle back seats in the Badlands? Do they have a version that will install with heated seats?

Thanks Dave
Nice. I looked into these because they offer air cooling options, which Ford annoyingly left out, but didn't know what all is involved in the installation and wasn't sure how well they'd look. I really like my cloth but now I'm tempted a bit more now that I've seen yours to make the swap. Is the original upholstery returned to you after they install the leather?
You could probably request the original upholstery be returned to you. They had it when I picked up, but I didn’t want to store or go through the hassle of selling. Probably not much of a market for the base interior.

OP
OP

Andy_M

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
These look great. Couple of questions. Do these work with the molle back seats in the Badlands? Do they have a version that will install with heated seats?

Thanks Dave
When ordering you have to specify the trim, so I assume they have a pattern that works with the molle back seats. I also assume factory installed heated seats would work. Katzkin also offers heated and cooling functions if yours didn’t come with it from factory.

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When ordering you have to specify the trim, so I assume they have a pattern that works with the molle back seats. I also assume factory installed heated seats would work. Katzkin also offers heated and cooling functions if yours didn’t come with it from factory.
The factory heated seats work with Katskins. I asked my mobile installer to save the cloth and they told me it would take too long and that they cut them.
cooled seats are just fans that blow through holes, not cold air from ac vents. Save your money

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The factory heated seats work with Katskins. I asked my mobile installer to save the cloth and they told me it would take too long and that they cut them.
cooled seats are just fans that blow through holes, not cold air from ac vents. Save your money
Thanks for the info, sounds like it might depend on the installer as to whether you get your cloth back or not.

Their cooled seats use peltier units that do in fact provide cold air, they're not simply fans. Technically you don't need heated seats either as you can reverse polarity and they work as heaters too.

RDNK

Wildtrak
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went with a perferated seating area and Fawn accent and steching. Sorry it is a bit dirty been snowing for a couple days.
Ford Bronco New Katzkin XT Stone Leather Seats Installed D6A49276-E279-41A3-B1FD-84EED55D1757
Ford Bronco New Katzkin XT Stone Leather Seats Installed BA432DBE-F68B-4AB7-BD7A-B8C123326DF4

29AGAIN

Big Bend
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1929 Ford Roadster, 2019 Tesla MS, 2022 Bronco BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have been planing on doing the same thing but I’m not so sure about the fit. Some of the pictures seem to show wrinkles and a somewhat loose fit but it might just be the photos. Are you happy with the result? What is the material on the backside of the the rear seats? My seats spend a lot of time folded over with my dog standing on time. Lastly what was the cost all in?
Katzkin is next on my shopping list, but i am shocked, SHOCKED I tell you, at the wrinkles and loose fit shown in the OPs pictures. The photos on the Katzkin website don't look like that; its almost like they added 1/4” to all the dimensions when they stitched them up or something. Is this something a different installation center could do differently?

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here are a few more pictures of my Mahogany Katzkin that better show the black thread stitching.

Ford Bronco New Katzkin XT Stone Leather Seats Installed Screen Shot 2023-02-26 at 5.40.27 PM
Ford Bronco New Katzkin XT Stone Leather Seats Installed Screen Shot 2023-02-26 at 5.40.15 PM
Ford Bronco New Katzkin XT Stone Leather Seats Installed Screen Shot 2023-02-26 at 5.39.47 PM

83XLT

Big Bend
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 EG Big Bend 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I went with a perferated seating area and Fawn accent and steching. Sorry it is a bit dirty been snowing for a couple days.
Ford Bronco New Katzkin XT Stone Leather Seats Installed Screen Shot 2023-02-26 at 5.39.47 PM
Is fawn the best match for the tan-ish dash on your Wildtrak?

Sponsored

RickDeckard

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
June 2022 I received my Oxford White 2-door Basesquatch. Since taking delivery my plan was to upgrade the cloth interior with Katzkin leather. While I was researching which colors and design, I was really struggling to find real examples of the Stone Grey XT leather online. I know I wanted the XT leather for kids/dogs, but I wasn’t sure how a two-toned Stone/Black would look in the base Bronco interior.

I decided to go for it and couldn’t be happier with the results. I hope the pictures help others who might be looking to do something similar with the XT leather. This spring I’ll post more pictures with top off (Bronco) and better lighting.

4E07B175-947A-4039-8B15-CD554D50D07E.jpeg

18110D45-C885-47CE-9610-793ED8112F33.jpeg

18AF1F2E-F502-467B-BC51-3CBB015480EB.jpeg

3DE3DB6D-08F9-461A-8706-4E4AB397225D.jpeg

E0E6BCE4-7579-4E92-8FAB-7F4DF72F50DC.jpeg

D64E3309-09C0-4BCC-8BAB-D435378ADE56.jpeg

CF627F5E-A962-4CBA-B8B6-54E0088B691B.jpeg

13F0B7FF-7E9B-45E7-92D8-88FD4F462740.jpeg
Very well done. Great colors. Did you get heated and cooled? I see you're in SE WI, so am I. Where did you get it done?

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the info, sounds like it might depend on the installer as to whether you get your cloth back or not.

Their cooled seats use peltier units that do in fact provide cold air, they're not simply fans. Technically you don't need heated seats either as you can reverse polarity and they work as heaters too.
The installer told me most factory cars are just fans and I do notice on my wife’s Lexus it feels like air not AC. Surprised the actually are AC

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Katzkin is next on my shopping list, but i am shocked, SHOCKED I tell you, at the wrinkles and loose fit shown in the OPs pictures. The photos on the Katzkin website don't look like that; its almost like they added 1/4” to all the dimensions when they stitched them up or something. Is this something a different installation center could do differently?
There is another company out there that does the same thing..maybe worth looking into it. I don’t like my wrinkles but they did say they would come out..or I’m a sucker 🤣

Mud Dawg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here are a few more pictures of my Mahogany Katzkin that better show the black thread stitching.

PLEASE keep the diamond stitch on the console!
Sponsored