BadmansSAS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquach
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So just in case anyone else comes across this thread, Jesse over on the F150 forum confirmed that all my data on the backend is really screwed up due to updating with the VCX nano. So word to the wise is avoid that like the plague.

That's also why the window down function doesn't work after the update.
You might think thats the case but in reality it was probably low voltage while you were doing the updates. These along with many other Ford models go nuts when voltage drops a few v under 12. ANYTIME you do anything with FRDS or FORscan or even tune flashes with HP Tuners, you must be on a battery charger/tender. This is VERY VERY important. These vehicles and their modules are do very voltage sensitive and will corrupt their code during writes when voltage is lower than expected. So word to the wise, always flash with it on a battery charger.

This is experience Ive gained from flashing many many mustangs and explorers over the last few years...
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah, I just checked and that is weird. We have MY23 Raptor built in March and a MY23 Badlands built in September.

Raptor doesn't do it, Badlands does. Of note, it only does it on key fob unlock. Touching the door handle does not lower the window.

Also just checked the Ford app to see if there is a difference in Firmware and how the two vehicles show up in my app is different.

Raptor is on 4.2.2.3 and in the app there is no Zone Lighting in Features & Settings

1702611965473.png

Badlands

1702612070914.png
Trailer light check would be nice. My 22 is on 4.2.2 but doesn’t have trailer light check.

TheLawnDart

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, Subaru Forrester, Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Took my 22 Raptor to a dealership and asked them to add this, and they did it no problem. However someone I know with a raptor built 1 week later and someone with a same year 4 door were told they had nothing available for updates. Not sure at this point if it’s the dealership or Ford. My dealer did briefly mentioned they aren’t paid to add these updates to our Broncos so it’s basically a favor when they do it, which I thought was interesting

Y2KFirehawk

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Took my 22 Raptor to a dealership and asked them to add this, and they did it no problem. However someone I know with a raptor built 1 week later and someone with a same year 4 door were told they had nothing available for updates. Not sure at this point if it’s the dealership or Ford. My dealer did briefly mentioned they aren’t paid to add these updates to our Broncos so it’s basically a favor when they do it, which I thought was interesting
Good to know; makes me feel better about some folks receiving and others not.

ossusa

Badlands
First Name
CHRISTOPHER
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yours would be the first 4 door I’ve seen the update hasn’t worked for. I’m in the same boat, my 2 door doesn’t have any update available either and I still don’t have this. I’m really curious why that is.
Okay. I have followed through with Ragnar.Kon's YouTube video and have successfully updated the DDM / PDMs. Disappointingly, I had no luck getting the doors drop down when unlocked either. I have a 2022 Badlands 2.3 MT with the base package(Not Mid nor High/Lux). I have tried initializing and calibrating the windows resetting the modules. All systems passed self-check. Windows won't go down.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Okay. I have followed through with Ragnar.Kon's YouTube video and have successfully updated the DDM / PDMs. Disappointingly, I had no luck getting the doors drop down when unlocked either. I have a 2022 Badlands 2.3 MT with the base package(Not Mid nor High/Lux). I have tried initializing and calibrating the windows resetting the modules. All systems passed self-check. Windows won't go down.
You’re too late unfortunately. Ford removed this feature.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...tialization-one-touch-up-down-function.92256/

ossusa

Badlands
First Name
CHRISTOPHER
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm curious to see if I would be able to get the window drop by physically swapping the DDM/PDM from the 2023/2024 models. Doesn't look like programming it in with FDRS is too difficult. When I was resetting the two modules yesterday, I remember FDRS asking me if I had new DDM/PDMs installed and gave me time before I ran the initialization.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm curious to see if I would be able to get the window drop by physically swapping the DDM/PDM from the 2023/2024 models. Doesn't look like programming it in with FDRS is too difficult. When I was resetting the two modules yesterday, I remember FDRS asking me if I had new DDM/PDMs installed and gave me time before I ran the initialization.
FDRS would know it's the wrong part number which there may be a way around, but I can't say for sure.

ToddGreen

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You’re too late unfortunately. Ford removed this feature.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...tialization-one-touch-up-down-function.92256/
Question for @Ducati1098 and others:

I'm one of the lucky ones, I guess, because I got the window-drop feature installed through DDM and PDM module updates back in October 2023. I have a 2022 4-door Black Diamond. Now, I want to keep it that way! I don't want to lose the window-drop feature.

Any advice on how I can make sure the dealership doesn't wipe that out in the future with a new module update that sounds like it got rid of that feature?

I'm not sure the dealerships typically update that stuff on their own, so maybe it's as simple as never asking them to update the DDM and PDM modules ever again. But I thought I'd ask to make sure I do everything possible to avoid that.

For example, if I wanted them to manually adjust the windows up/down or fore/aft by removing the door trim panel, etc. (WSM 501-11), would something like that typically lead them to update the DDM or PDM modules?

Thanks for any advice.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Question for @Ducati1098 and others:

I'm one of the lucky ones, I guess, because I got the window-drop feature installed through DDM and PDM module updates back in October 2023. I have a 2022 4-door Black Diamond. Now, I want to keep it that way! I don't want to lose the window-drop feature.

Any advice on how I can make sure the dealership doesn't wipe that out in the future with a new module update that sounds like it got rid of that feature?

I'm not sure the dealerships typically update that stuff on their own, so maybe it's as simple as never asking them to update the DDM and PDM modules ever again. But I thought I'd ask to make sure I do everything possible to avoid that.

For example, if I wanted them to manually adjust the windows up/down or fore/aft by removing the door trim panel, etc. (WSM 501-11), would something like that typically lead them to update the DDM or PDM modules?

Thanks for any advice.
You just need to make sure to tell them not to perform any updates on those modules. You may also want to disable automatic updates because who knows if/when Ford will release any OTA software for the DDM/PDM.

Adjusting the windows manually won’t require any software updates in most cases unless they have a problem re-initializing the one touch up/down feature.
Sponsored