Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not totaled, but you might sense it wouldn't quite be the same old bronco you fell in love with. That's exactly what I experienced after my initial car collision.
Insurance totaled it.

OP
OP
BroncoDymond88

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can't believe a fully loaded Wildtrak after only two years is 15k more expensive. There are some on the lots, I probably have a low chance of getting one at MSRP. And with the strike I really can't be too picky, this sucks.

Brian514

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe go with a new Lux Badlands? I personally think they are an overall better trim than Wildtrak but that’s just my opinion. A new Lux Badlands would probably be around what you paid for your Wildtrak.

93&22BroncoMan

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Gorgeous '21 Antimatter Blue Wildtrak with tons of love and countless hours invested. Built, ordered, and waited for it for months as it sat on dirt mountain with a bad hard top.

Brand new young driver pulls out from a stop sign right in front of me, didn't have any time to stop, Collision warning didn't even detect it.

I'm being told it's most likely totaled. Even worse, with the increased prices and increased interest rates I can't even afford to replace it if it's totaled.

I am heartbroken.

IMG_6806.jpg

IMG_9947-2.jpg

IMG_9948-2.jpg

IMG_9952.JPG
My 2022 2 door was totaled in August, and had to fight to get the proper money for it cause they, the insurance company compared it to lesser models. It’s worth more than you paid for it and be ready to show the window sticker to them with all the options you got with the vehicle. And do a used car, KBB price search of the price, sale to private party, and push for top dollar!!!!

IMG_1478.jpeg

IMG_1477.jpeg

Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe go with a new Lux Badlands? I personally think they are an overall better trim than Wildtrak but that’s just my opinion. A new Lux Badlands would probably be around what you paid for your Wildtrak.
No way.

Wildtrak gets HOSS 3.0 suspension and most importantly the HOSS 3.0 steering rack.

Now for MY24 it is rumored that all Broncos get the HOSS 3.0 rack, also rumored just Badlands and above get the rack. But that isn't clear cut yet.

Standard SAS suspension is MEH.

My favorite trim in retrospect is the 2.7l Non-SAS Badlands. You get the M210 and lockers, advanced 4wd, but don't have to spend more money for the heavy AF wheels and shitty Goodyears. Gearing is down to 4.46 from 4.70, but 4.46 can handle 35s no problem. People with 37s and 38s want shorter (Numerically higher) than 4.70 anyways.

Last edited:
Reactions: Los
OP
OP
BroncoDymond88

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No way.

Wildtrak gets HOSS 3.0 suspension and most importantly the HOSS 3.0 steering rack.

Standard SAS suspension is MEH.
yeah that’s what I’m after. If I need to let go of the color I want to get as many upgrades as possible. I even considered getting a lux outer banks and just changing out the grille.

Insurance adjuster doesn’t care what they are going for new, and the price I am getting is fair for what I paid. I did give them a bunch of the listings for used 2021 Wildtraks around the country, hoping they bump it up a little bit but I’m not expecting it.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

yeah that’s what I’m after. If I need to let go of the color I want to get as many upgrades as possible. I even considered getting a lux outer banks and just changing out the grille.

Insurance adjuster doesn’t care what they are going for new, and the price I am getting is fair for what I paid. I did give them a bunch of the listings for used 2021 Wildtraks around the country, hoping they bump it up a little bit but I’m not expecting it.
I like my Outer Banks Luxury, but it isn't my trail rig (Jeep Cherokee). So I didn't care about a front locker, or even a rear locker.

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If it's totaled in the US, look for it soon on the roads of S. Texas or Mexico. Along I-10 in NW Florida, Alabama, etc. I see convoys of damaged vehicles, 2-3 in two behind the least damaged ones headed to some repair shop were they're fixed and resold, sometimes with a salvage title, sometimes with a washed "clean" title. Either way, this Bronc will live on, just with a less discerning owner.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4-door Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Gorgeous '21 Antimatter Blue Wildtrak with tons of love and countless hours invested. Built, ordered, and waited for it for months as it sat on dirt mountain with a bad hard top.

Brand new young driver pulls out from a stop sign right in front of me, didn't have any time to stop, Collision warning didn't even detect it.

I'm being told it's most likely totaled. Even worse, with the increased prices and increased interest rates I can't even afford to replace it if it's totaled.

I am heartbroken.

Ford Bronco My Bronco is totaled 💔 (confirmed by insurance) IMG_1477

I am so very sorry. What a gut punch! One bit of advice that was given to me years ago by a friend who was an adjuster. I had an accident with my 5 year old and baby in their car seats in the back and thankfully we were not hurt when this guy ran a stop sign on a county highway and I hit him and then rolled. It was terrifying. My friend told me to not be satisfied with the initial number the insurance gives you. He told me to call every day. He explained that at each level people are only allowed to offer so much so to just say “I know you can only do so much can I speak to your supervisor l.” And he said to just do it as much as you need to until you’re satisfied. Wishing you well in working this out! Glad you were not hurt!

Sponsored

Buckn A

Badlands
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'68 Bronco, '19 F-150, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That doesn't look too bad.

I mean most insurance companies are going to require 50% or more of the cars value in repair costs.

No way is that $30k.
Mine looked even better off than this one. $32,000 later and the collision center has had it for 6 months. Won’t total it and can’t get parts. I WISH they would have just totaled it.

OP
OP
BroncoDymond88

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am so very sorry. What a gut punch! One bit of advice that was given to me years ago by a friend who was an adjuster. I had an accident with my 5 year old and baby in their car seats in the back and thankfully we were not hurt when this guy ran a stop sign on a county highway and I hit him and then rolled. It was terrifying. My friend told me to not be satisfied with the initial number the insurance gives you. He told me to call every day. He explained that at each level people are only allowed to offer so much so to just say “I know you can only do so much can I speak to your supervisor l.” And he said to just do it as much as you need to until you’re satisfied. Wishing you well in working this out! Glad you were not hurt!
Thanks for the advice on this, I have been doing that any way because I'm a pain in the butt and I've spent a ton of money customizing it. I'm still waiting on an answer from the first level supervisor.

Last edited:

retrospex

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wildtrak, Audi RS5 B8.5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Man that really sucks, you're ok which is the most important thing. Hopefully things work out for the best, sometimes things are out of our control in the grand scheme.

ScottyC

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Buy it back from the Insurance co. and fix it. Trust me when I tell you, when they take it to auction, that is exactly what the next buyer will do.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Buy it back from the Insurance co. and fix it. Trust me when I tell you, when they take it to auction, that is exactly what the next buyer will do.
with what parts? You would need to buy a rear wrecked one off Copart first.
Sponsored