Sponsored

My Bronco Experiment Backfired! (In a good way?)

OP
OP
Sweetooth710

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't cancel anything until you have the keys. If your lucky you have a good dealer that will stick to your price, if not you'll have a second try.
You bring up another great point. After reading the horror stories I also have in the back of my mind if one dealer wants to bend me over the counter with a markup I have a backup plan.
Sponsored

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4dr-soft top-badlands-sas-tow package
Were both dealers fairly high volume dealers and likely to have quite a bit of allocation?

I think your example proves a few things:
1) MIC Tops are THE major constraint on builds.
2) There are many many remaining reservation holders that are unwilling to go soft just to get a Bronco sooner so all of us who are in that group are waiting in a long line with slow production capacity.
3) Dealers with plenty of 2022 allocation can get Bronco's scheduled for delivery quickly as long as the Bronco doesn't have a MIC top.
4) Those same dealers care more about selling a softie today than managing their allocation so it could go to an early reservation holder who is staying MIC. E.G. if those dealers fill their allocation with softie sales then those early MIC reservations are going to wait a really long time for their Bronco.

OP
OP
Sweetooth710

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 questions. Are they manual? If so may I buy one off you after I talk to my wife and beg my bank?
Neither are manual. Would be fun but that 10% of time I’m in traffic made me staying boring with the 10spd auto.

OP
OP
Sweetooth710

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Were both dealers fairly high volume dealers and likely to have quite a bit of allocation?

2) There are many many remaining reservation holders that are unwilling to go soft just to get a Bronco sooner so all of us who are in that group are waiting in a long line with slow production capacity.
3) Dealers with plenty of 2022 allocation can get Bronco's scheduled for delivery quickly as long as the Bronco doesn't have a MIC top.
4) Those same dealers care more about selling a softie today than managing their allocation so it could go to an early reservation holder who is staying MIC. E.G. if those dealers fill their allocation with softie sales then those early MIC reservations are going to wait a really long time for their Bronco.
T

1 was the largest volume dealer in Orlando, the second I think is maybe a mid-tier dealer? Somewhat new to central florida, but here’s a link to my Og post if interested: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-bronco-scientific-method.30963/#post-1045463

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Neither are manual. Would be fun but that 10% of time I’m in traffic made me staying boring with the 10spd auto.
Okay new plan since they are auto, your only option what to do is simple.

Tame the Broncos!

Take the roofs off.
Get a 2 planks.
Attach them in a manner allowing pivot at the cage and frame.
Get some forscan wizard to hack the drive by wire systems and link them.
Then buy a racing seat and 5 point harness.
Mount the seat on the upper plank.
Then be the most baddass person on the planet, riding around town atop a wild herd of somewhere between 540 and 620 horses!

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On that flipping idea - at my dealership I was required to sign a 6-month no-sell waiver because I bought my Bronco without financing. I was told this is required in Canada to prevent flipping. Has this happened to anyone else?
I didn’t finance mine and wasn’t required to sign anything like that. Sounds like a bunch of crap... it’s your vehicle.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Reserving Broncos just to flip them when severals reservation holders are still waiting for their vehicles doesn't sound like a solution to me.

You sound more like a part of the problem instead of a solution buddy.

Ford currently does this with the Ford GT where you cannot sell it for two years unless they approve it.
I was thinking something as you, I saw some post earlier today about a guy who did this and a few other people said they doing something .

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On that flipping idea - at my dealership I was required to sign a 6-month no-sell waiver because I bought my Bronco without financing. I was told this is required in Canada to prevent flipping. Has this happened to anyone else?
Flip it anyway. One, they will never know that you did, two, they will not bother the expense or time of fighting you on it once the Bronco is sold.

I would say that is a great Christmas present.

Now, for really good karma, offer it to one of our forum members who lost their Bronco due to greedy dealerships that gutted them with a huge AMD. Tis the season to give...

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

I fully agree with your points. So I may never get a Bronco, because I do not want to change what I ordered. I want a 2-Door, 2.7, Lux, SAS, Mod, Tow,

My dealer has allocations, but like you say if he cant build mine this cycle, then he uses the allocation for one he can build.

@Ford Motor Company is no longer using the reservation as the key determining factor. For 2022 it changed to allocations and is screwing those of us who reserved with our home town Ford dealer. If I do not have a build date this spring, I will never buy another Ford ever. So the motor company will have also hurt my local dealer.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I do not think something like that is enforceable. There is no way a court of law would require you to hold onto a vehicle and even if someone tried to challenge you on it, you could easily show a financial burden.

Sponsored

Pug

Outer Banks
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Jeep Rubicon, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Flip it anyway. One, they will never know that you did, two, they will not bother the expense or time of fighting you on it once the Bronco is sold.

I would say that is a great Christmas present.

Now, for really good karma, offer it to one of our forum members who lost their Bronco due to greedy dealerships that gutted them with a huge AMD. Tis the season to give...
I have no intention of selling it, and never have thought that way. I’m looking forward to owning my Bronco for a long time. My Christmas gift to myself and my wife.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do not think something like that is enforceable. There is no way a court of law would require you to hold onto a vehicle and even if someone tried to challenge you on it, you could easily show a financial burden.
I didn’t put any weight on the document as I don’t plan on selling this excellent vehicle. And yes, if I fell on hard times I have no doubt I could sell it. But I wouldn’t be in hardship for the next six months at any rate.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have no intention of selling it, and never have thought that way. I’m looking forward to owning my Bronco for a long time. My Christmas gift to myself and my wife.
Oops, my mistake. Enjoy your Bronco!

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't see how a dealer can make you sign anything stating you can't do what you want with something that your purchased. What a load of horse shit. So you can't buy one and sell it at a profit. But they can sell one for way over MSRP??? Ooooo K.
Sponsored