Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone managed to install these with the factory side steps?
Sponsored

Shodax

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the link... I just watched his work around and I'm definitely not sold on that result. My Outer Banks arrived but my Splash Guards are still on back order. After seeing the modification needed in order to fit the front guards, I'll have to decide if I want to install the rear guards only, or just purchase a different rock rail / side step option all together. I've seen other third-party side step options that should easily fit those splash guards. It's just crazy to me that Ford wouldn't have designed an option that works with their std. OEM side step.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the link... I just watched his work around and I'm definitely not sold on that result. My Outer Banks arrived but my Splash Guards are still on back order. After seeing the modification needed in order to fit the front guards, I'll have to decide if I want to install the rear guards only, or just purchase a different rock rail / side step option all together. I've seen other third-party side step options that should easily fit those splash guards. It's just crazy to me that Ford wouldn't have designed an option that works with their std. OEM side step.
The front ones are way more useful, if I could only have front or rear, it would be front for sure. I had to mod mine, but so glad to have them on.

Ford Bronco More OEM Splash Guard installed details IMG_9342

Shodax

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The front ones are way more useful, if I could only have front or rear, it would be front for sure. I had to mod mine, but so glad to have them on.

Ford Bronco More OEM Splash Guard installed details IMG_9342
Yeah they really do look great and I'm sure the protection they offer is huge. Its unfortunate that the front guards don't fit with the Bronco side step.

Sponsored

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered GoRhino DSS side steps and they will fit without modification. Waiting on my backordered brackets though.

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Roll Sound I am having issues with fit as well, how did you mod yours? It looks good!

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone just putting the fronts on?

Krazed

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An e-bike
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone just putting the fronts on?
I was planning on modding the front and installing the rears on my BL. This is the first I’ve seen the rears not fitting correctly. If it looks wrong I’ll probably just cut the holes for the rock rails in the front and call it good.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have just the fronts in that I cut a window out for the factory rock rail. I will probably upgrade to a rock rail that has an integrated step at some point and replace the ones I cut the window out of.

The $50 price was easier to swallow cutting them up and probably replacing...ie tossing out or giving to someone who wants them at some point.

My in laws live on a private gravel road that is probably 1/2 mile long and my best friend since elementary school lives on a gravel road about 1.5 miles long with a low concrete water crossing so I needed something right now to save the doors.

Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was planning on modding the front and installing the rears on my BL. This is the first I’ve seen the rears not fitting correctly. If it looks wrong I’ll probably just cut the holes for the rock rails in the front and call it good.
Here’s what it looks like:
70075DDF-D540-4793-9200-3D3EB7AD8946.jpeg
DE26D39D-F864-4B3E-9AEA-0C4A833AC17E.jpeg

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just put the fronts on (Badlands) because the rears look like this….

7402ECDB-2212-4A76-BB92-4BC359D65AAC.jpeg

E968939C-1B2E-42A2-A4C0-EEC5D52663C6.jpeg

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just put the fronts on (Badlands) because the rears look like this….
I wish Ford would specify what trims the mud flaps will and will not fit. It seems a lot of us wasted money on the rears because Ford doesn't mention the fact they will only fit the plastic bumper. FAIL FORD.

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Great video! I just ordered $50 mud flaps from Ford! I have factory side steps, so I need to figure out if I'm going to re-drill mounting holes in the mounting brackets or cut off the ends of the side steps to mount the front mud flaps! I have a plastic bumper, so the rear mud flaps should be a breeze, I hope! My rear bumpers already have holes drilled in where the mud flaps should mount, so I'm hoping they line-up with the mud flaps! Please post an installation video when you get the front mud flaps installed! Good luck!
Sponsored