First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've been looking at different front bumpers to replace the stock capable bumper on my '23 Wildtrak for quite some time. My requirements were (1) the ability to have significantly more lights than the capable bumper, (2) it had to look good, (3) no relocation of the camera or adaptive cruise control module, (4) it couldn't impede air flow to the intercooler, and (5) no massive weight difference. I looked at several aftermarket bumpers. Most of them required relocation of the adaptive cruise control module, camera, or both. Many of them, even the exceedingly expensive ones, looked like something concocted by Dr. Frankenstein. The JCR Crusader and Crawltek Blaze came closest, but JCR failed on points 2 and 4, and Crawltek failed on point 1 (though I have to say that I think it's by far the best looking aftermarket option).

Hindsight is 20/20. I should have just ordered my Wildtrak with the Ford modular bumper. The local dealers here in the East Tennessee, northern Georgia and western Carolina region looked at me like I was from Mars when I asked about building one, and I couldn't find any take-off bumpers for sale. This forum, after some twists and turns, led me to Phil at Ruxer Ford in Jasper, Indiana. Phil and his crew there ordered, built and installed the Ford modular bumper for me and I'm very happy I went this route. I want to offer my thanks to Phil and Ruxer Ford for making this happen, and also to the folks at Specialty Performance Parts for their time and patience with me when I was deciding which lights, brackets and harnesses to use. I think it came together very well and I can't wait to get out in the desert this summer.
Ford Bronco Modular front bumper added tempImageFdtwGl
Ford Bronco Modular front bumper added tempImagegCDQKF
Sponsored

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I bought my WT from stock, abandoned order and it had the capable bumper. I ended up getting a Chinese eBay mod bumper, I think I bought one of the first ones, paid $625 shipped and it's been a pretty good deal, holding up well after a year.

Skip176

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've been looking at different front bumpers to replace the stock capable bumper on my '23 Wildtrak for quite some time. My requirements were (1) the ability to have significantly more lights than the capable bumper, (2) it had to look good, (3) no relocation of the camera or adaptive cruise control module, (4) it couldn't impede air flow to the intercooler, and (5) no massive weight difference. I looked at several aftermarket bumpers. Most of them required relocation of the adaptive cruise control module, camera, or both. Many of them, even the exceedingly expensive ones, looked like something concocted by Dr. Frankenstein. The JCR Crusader and Crawltek Blaze came closest, but JCR failed on points 2 and 4, and Crawltek failed on point 1 (though I have to say that I think it's by far the best looking aftermarket option).

Hindsight is 20/20. I should have just ordered my Wildtrak with the Ford modular bumper. The local dealers here in the East Tennessee, northern Georgia and western Carolina region looked at me like I was from Mars when I asked about building one, and I couldn't find any take-off bumpers for sale. This forum, after some twists and turns, led me to Phil at Ruxer Ford in Jasper, Indiana. Phil and his crew there ordered, built and installed the Ford modular bumper for me and I'm very happy I went this route. I want to offer my thanks to Phil and Ruxer Ford for making this happen, and also to the folks at Specialty Performance Parts for their time and patience with me when I was deciding which lights, brackets and harnesses to use. I think it came together very well and I can't wait to get out in the desert this summer.
Looks great. Can I ask what it ended up costing you?

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
i really wish ford would just put a kit together and sell it as an accessory.

Sponsored
OP
OP
wizardoforange

wizardoforange

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks great. Can I ask what it ended up costing you?
All of the parts came in at just under 2100. It was a little less than expected because the Tennessee Orange tow hooks I wanted from Ford Performance were less expensive than the black ones. It was more expensive than the Crawltek alternative I had been considering, but it was substantially less expensive than most of the “designer” bumpers that would have required cutting off bits of my Bronco to move modules around while also looking like they had been designed by high school students on 1980’s CAD software.