First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know, i know, there are hundred of threads about method wheels on the forums. Could not find anything specific enough to my questions though. So any expertise would be greatly appreciated before i purchase.

I am looking at method 305 wheels with 25mm offset. The factory offset is 55mm. I have a black diamond non sas. I am going to use my general grabber tires and swap out the 17x7.5 steelies with the methods which are 17x8.5. What does the poke push out to? And will i need hub rings? Thx in advance
Sponsored

Desert_Brush

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have the exact wheels you're asking about. Here are some pictures from the side and the front. The wheel and tire sizes are in my signature. There is definitely poke. Zero offset.

Ford Bronco Method 305 wheel fitment Red Rock Front

Ford Bronco Method 305 wheel fitment Red Rock Side

Last edited:

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Method 305 with a +25 is a perfect fit in your particular application. There will be a slight poke with the stock 265/70R17. That poke will be more pronounced with a taller/wider tire.

Hub rings are always a good idea. A very inexpensive way to eliminate vibrations.

Desert_Brush

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Method 305 with a +25 is a perfect fit in your particular application. There will be a slight poke with the stock 265/70R17. That poke will be more pronounced with a taller/wider tire.

Hub rings are always a good idea. A very inexpensive way to eliminate vibrations.
I was told by a distributor that they did not require hub rings. If they are optional which ones would I need to buy? I also have the push through caps that stick out (see above pictures). Would I need to order new center caps as well? Thanks.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know, i know, there are hundred of threads about method wheels on the forums. Could not find anything specific enough to my questions though. So any expertise would be greatly appreciated before i purchase.

I am looking at method 305 wheels with 25mm offset. The factory offset is 55mm. I have a black diamond non sas. I am going to use my general grabber tires and swap out the 17x7.5 steelies with the methods which are 17x8.5. What does the poke push out to? And will i need hub rings? Thx in advance
The Methods will poke out 30mm (+/- 1.25") further than your stock steelies (55mm - 25mm = 30mm)

Sponsored

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@Desert_Brush In addition to the cap you currently have, there is a lower profile cap available to order if you wanted. After talking with their technical department, hub rings are not needed as they interfere with the push through center cap and will not seat flush. my apologies for the misinformation.

OP
OP

Avengerman77

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Methods will poke out 30mm (+/- 1.25") further than your stock steelies (55mm - 25mm = 30mm)
Doe that poke take into acoount the wider rim as well? Im going from a 18x7.5 to a 18x8.5. Thx

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doe that poke take into acoount the wider rim as well? Im going from a 18x7.5 to a 18x8.5. Thx
Ah, I missed the 8.5" wheel width. The 8.5" method wheels will poke a total of 42.7mm (1.68") further than the steelies.

OP
OP

Avengerman77

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just confirmed with method that the wheel is lug centric and no hub ring is recommended

Sponsored
OP
OP

Avengerman77

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
From the method rep:
With the 6x5.5(bolt pattern of your Bronoc) fitting so many vehicles (Chevy 1500, Toyota’s and Bronco’s) the hub ring that came included is for a completely different application and not your Bronco. The MR305 wheel with your Bronco would be considered lug centric and when paired with a set of aftermarket lug work perfectly. The hub rings are not used in this case scenario nor can they be as the MR305 utilizes a push thru style center cap which will not allow a hub ring to be used. You would have to use one or the other.

Also noteworthy, all performance testing of our wheels is done with a lug centric installation (not hub centric/not with the aid of any hub centric ring) and strength is of no concern. I can understand the desire to use a hub centric ring, but I can assure you/you can assure them that the testing we have done proves that it isn’t required in this case.

YULQQKN4

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 502A BAP, 2022 MUSTANG GT 6 SPEED COUPE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From the method rep:
With the 6x5.5(bolt pattern of your Bronoc) fitting so many vehicles (Chevy 1500, Toyota’s and Bronco’s) the hub ring that came included is for a completely different application and not your Bronco. The MR305 wheel with your Bronco would be considered lug centric and when paired with a set of aftermarket lug work perfectly. The hub rings are not used in this case scenario nor can they be as the MR305 utilizes a push thru style center cap which will not allow a hub ring to be used. You would have to use one or the other.

Also noteworthy, all performance testing of our wheels is done with a lug centric installation (not hub centric/not with the aid of any hub centric ring) and strength is of no concern. I can understand the desire to use a hub centric ring, but I can assure you/you can assure them that the testing we have done proves that it isn’t required in this case.
I have the lug nuts from Method that will go on my 703s shortly. Note that Method resells West Coast Wheel Accessory lug nuts.

Ford Bronco Method 305 wheel fitment 226F949A-B0FD-4E32-B8A5-2608561AE6E5

They are $60 from Method and $42 from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/12X1-5-Bulge-Acorn-Spline-Install/dp/B00HR6NF4S/
Sponsored

Last edited: