Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Found my next adventure area.. It's mainly easy'ish trails with a few moderate'ish ones mixed in. Looks like it'll be a blast! Also looks to be a lot of side trail to explore and I love side trails! It's only about a 40 minute drive from my home as well so that's a win!!!!

Green= Easy'ish (1-3 trail rating) and Blue is Moderate'ish (4-6 trail rating)

Ford Bronco Maiden Solo Off-Road and Camping Voyage in Bronco Screenshot 2024-04-20 103800

I was going to do section 1 of the WABDR next but a recent trail report claimed it's permanently closed.. I highly doubt that so I'll need to call the Ranger station next week to see what's going on. Either way, I'll do that maybe towards the end of next month, assuming it'll be open.

Update: Section 1 of the WABDR is temp closed due to snow levels.. I'll plan that for the end of next month.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I finally have everything needed for a solo off-road and overnight camping trip. I generally wheel solo and do not go out unprepared to 'unstuck' myself if needed. Winch, recovery gear, air down tools, air tank to air back up, etc..

The weather looked good so off I went.

Got the the trailhead and aired down to 20psi..

Ford Bronco Maiden Solo Off-Road and Camping Voyage in Bronco Screenshot 2024-04-20 103800

My ultimate destination: (more on that later)

Along the way:

Back after a short hike down a small trail to investigate:

The Bronco in all it's glory!

Spent a few hours on the 1st day investigate the trial and a lot of side trails. Got to my intended destination, the lake area, late and all the good dispersed camp site I found were either taken or full of widow makers so I doubled back to one I had found earlier. Got there right before dark and set the tent up as fast as I could. Before i know it, it was dark so I passed on cooking and ate a tasty MRE for dinner..

Woke up next morning and brewed up some coffee (read: Life Support Juice).. Plowed down 2 cups, and off I went. Spent a lot of today just investigating side trails and small hiking trails I'd find in my general camp area.

I was debating staying a 2nd night but noticed the wind picking up and clouds forming mid-afternoon so I decided to head back to camp and pack up, then head back home..

Airing back up at trail exit:

All in all It was a great time, and why I purchased the Bronco..

I had some old, cheap and crappy air down tools that I used and I doubt they are very accurate anymore so I just kept an eye on the in dash TMPS readings..

When airing back up, the Power Tank was awesome! it took about 1 minute per tire to go from 20 to 38 and that was with me stopping several times to check pressure while filling...

Interior of Bronco, specifically the rear seat and cargo area, got a little dusty but that was expected as I am running with hard top off and Bikini only.. The Rain Gear Trail Cover was great (forgot to snap photo of it on, will do so next time). While it didn't rain overnight, it did keep the dew and the critters out of the interior..
Looks like a beautiful place to camp. We hope you had a great time!