Sponsored

Mabett wants to design a key case, any good ideas?

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How about something to drop the keyfob inside the truck. Rather then throwing it into the console or in front of the shifter. I dont have the little spot on the top of the dash with the lux package.
I would love to have something that mounts to the dash or maybe the inside of the console where your right leg is to house the key. So you see it easily and can just grab and go. I always have other things in my console and the key gets covered up. I know some sell a molle panel to go on the inside leg area but something specific for the keyfob would be a very easy and useful addition. I have thought of trying to 3d print something to use.
Thanks for all the parts you are designing by the way. Being part of the community and using feedback to design parts is a great way to run your business. Love my center console organizer tray! Cant wait to see more parts.
I think this idea is a better option than a plastic cover. I would really like a well thought-out location for the fob to be stowed inside the vehicle. Maybe make an oversized version for those who do put a silicone cover on the Fob.

As far as a fob cover, I would only be interested if you could pull the guts out of the fob and put them in a smaller case.
Sponsored

Jornum1

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Explorer ST, 2013 Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think this idea is a better option than a plastic cover. I would really like a well thought-out location for the fob to be stowed inside the vehicle. Maybe make an oversized version for those who do put a silicone cover on the Fob.

As far as a fob cover, I would only be interested if you could pull the guts out of the fob and put them in a smaller case.
As I just was sitting in my bronco I was thinking about a good location. Be
One thought is actually a little spot in the near corner of the front cubby would work. Just a little mini cup holder that the fob would fit right in. The charging pad would still be able to be used(although I find it useless).
Another idea would be on the console to the left of the window buttons on that flat spot.
Just a thought

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Anything that makes it bigger is a non-starter for me... Make it smaller or just customizable

AzGoat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The key fob is already quite large, so anything you come up with should be minimal in thickness/size. I like the tire tread idea above, but it can't come at the expense of a really fat key fob. And yes, the case shouldn't restrict removing the key to unlock the glove box/centre console. And depending on the design, maybe you look at having some colour matching accents that correspond to whatever colour Bronco you have. I.e. - Cyber Orange, Oxford White, etc. maybe for the letters or stitching or something.
I like this idea. I would like to add, I bought a rubber one and it has a strong clip so I can clip it to my belt loop and not take up pocket space that I like. So it would be nice to add a very durable clip with a screw that goes into that hole on top of fob so it won't come off accidentally.

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i prefer a carbon looking style with the Bronco back cutout :)

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do you want me to design something for the key? For example key chain or key cover, please give me some of your ideas, others can choose to agree or disagree

I'm definitely going to design a key case, but I don't have any good ideas right now
Dingtalk_20220329230012.jpg
For me.... a key holder or pouch that i can drop in (vertical position) but, not too loose and be able to mount on dash or console. Currently, I have density foam w/center cut out to fit the fob, in my cup holder.

OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Agree on the standalone key. I want one that has the traditional key head shape so its easier to hold and twist when in the lock cylinder. Another user mentioned a spot for an Apple AirTag, I think thats a great idea too and would buy it. Where did you get your key blank?

@Mabett
pictures found online

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Love your guys discussions, if you want to see more Mabett's products that haven't been released, please PM me, more designs are posted on Mabett's FB group, I need a bunch of imaginative people to give more suggestions

OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How difficult would it be to design an entirely new key fob housing that is smaller but holds the same chip and buttons?
i never triedo_O

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Embed tritium tubes in them so you can always find them easily.

OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com