Sponsored

Mabett 6.5" Rear Speaker Pods Available Now!

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You have to remember that there are 4 different injection molded parts here and each one would need its own mold/tooling. I'm sure his costs are lower than this but if you tried to make those 4 molds in the US it would cost several tens of thousands of dollars and then you would still need to sell enough to profit on them.

They are priced higher than I would've liked (what isn't nowadays) but from someone who works in manufacturing it is priced fairly when you factor in design and manufacturing costs.
Good to know... đź‘Ť
Sponsored

Gorbachops

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2D Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
You have to remember that there are 4 different injection molded parts here and each one would need its own mold/tooling. I'm sure his costs are lower than this but if you tried to make those 4 molds in the US it would cost several tens of thousands of dollars and then you would still need to sell enough to profit on them.

They are priced higher than I would've liked (what isn't nowadays) but from someone who works in manufacturing it is priced fairly when you factor in design and manufacturing costs.
Not sure if "priced fairly" is accurate until we have offerings from other manufactures. Its reminiscent of when aftermarket Bronco tow hitches came out, $150-200 USD was touted as "priced fairly" now most hover around $70-90 USD. Ultimately i think it comes down to, can we wait for offerings from other manufactures or not, and that is totally a personal choice... i chose to wait, but that's just me.

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not sure if "priced fairly" is accurate until we have offerings from other manufactures. Its reminiscent of when aftermarket Bronco tow hitches came out, $150-200 USD was touted as "priced fairly" now most hover around $70-90 USD. Ultimately i think it comes down to, can we wait for offerings from other manufactures or not, and that is totally a personal choice... i chose to wait, but that's just me.
Well, there is the SSV Option now... $230 unloaded.

So $170 is already $60 off of that...

Gorbachops

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2D Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, there is the SSV Option now... $230 unloaded.

So $170 is already $60 off of that...
The "SSV Option", i didn't know existed, Having said that, the more i look at them the more i really like the design, still a bit expensive imo. Also the $170 USD price you referenced was a "promotion" price that its now over and few if any on this forum were able to take advantage of.

A link to SSV Works for those curious.
https://ssvworks.com/products/2021-2023-ford-bronco-rear-speaker-pod-add-ons?variant=42019050848440

Last edited:

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The "SSV Option", which to be fair i didn't know existed, has no price or availability via the link you provided. Also the $170 USD price you referenced was a "promotion" price that its now over and few if any on this forum were able to take advantage of.
It’s not over, he just hasn’t fixed it yet. This happens all the time on the things mabett posts, and he always fixes it and get the promotion back up. Also the SSV options are available and do have a price on there.
Ford Bronco Mabett 6.5" Rear Speaker Pods Available Now! 1B5FAC9B-9BAE-4311-84AB-02B7275E2F31

Sponsored

Gorbachops

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2D Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s not over, he just hasn’t fixed it yet. This happens all the time on the things mabett posts, and he always fixes it and get the promotion back up. Also the SSV options are available and do have a price on there.
1B5FAC9B-9BAE-4311-84AB-02B7275E2F31.jpeg
I clarified my post to avoid confusion. Most of us here are still waiting for that promotion price, so I hope you are correct.

I really like the design of the SSV Works option, looks more compact and i like the ability to use speaker grills, thank you for bringing it to my attention. Still a bit expensive imo, but if they ever come down and i had to chose, I think I would choose the SSV Works option.

Last edited:

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I clarified my post to avoid confusion. Most of us here are still waiting for that promotion price, so I hope you are correct.

I really like the design of the SSV Works option, looks more compact and i like the ability to use speaker grills, thank you for bringing it to my attention. Still a bit expensive imo, but if they ever come down and i had to chose, I think I would choose the SSV Works option.
I would probably buy the SSV works right now if I knew for sure it worked for 2 door also and not just 4 door like mabett. Mainly just because I don’t feel like waiting a month+ for the 2 door option. I also agree with your speaker grill comment.

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The "SSV Option", which to be fair i didn't know existed, has no reviews and is only available when you delve into "more buying options". Having said that, the more i look at them the more i really like the design, still a bit expensive imo. Also the $170 USD price you referenced was a "promotion" price that its now over and few if any on this forum were able to take advantage of.
I wouldn't worry about reviews with SSV...

Having a Polaris Slingshot before, I used SSV PODS and they make good stuff.

Just wish all these prices came down to Jeep levels...

Gorbachops

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2D Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would probably buy the SSV works right now if I knew for sure it worked for 2 door also and not just 4 door like mabett. Mainly just because I don’t feel like waiting a month+ for the 2 door option. I also agree with your speaker grill comment.
I have a 2 door as well, i'm curious what exactly the differences are. Does anyone know if its a difference to how they mount to the roof bar or a difference to how they mount to the C pillar.

Last edited:

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a 2 door as well, i'm curious what exactly the differences are. Does anyone know if its a difference to how they mount to the roof bar or a difference to how they mount to the C pillar.

The SSV works look like they mount only to the roof bar, so if there is no difference in that mounting location then it should be compatible with both 2 and 4 door.
I don’t know for sure. All I know is that they do have different part numbers from ford.

I sent SSV and email. If/when they respond I’ll let you know for sure if they work on both.

Sponsored

Montducati

Raptor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-350, 2020 BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Can you just add two extra speakers with pods and not need to disconnect any of the OEM/B&O speakers?

Anyone know where to connect the added pod speakers to the system?

rjfreed82

Outer Banks
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Im just curious if the promotion is over??? I would like to buy these but im waiting to hear.

LJF413

First Name
L. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wranglet
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Looks like it was a short lived promotion. Checked 5 times since yesterday, and said the promotion is over.
Ford Bronco Mabett 6.5" Rear Speaker Pods Available Now! 709E9EA4-8B9B-43C8-9FCA-2F32A649E842
Ford Bronco Mabett 6.5" Rear Speaker Pods Available Now! 709E9EA4-8B9B-43C8-9FCA-2F32A649E842

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I like the SSV Works ones too. Has anyone installed them yet and can share some more pics? Thank you.
Sponsored