Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For those that had this done at a shop, how many hours did they charge for the 4-link conversion?

Trying to determine if the quotes I’m receiving are reasonable for the fab work and installation.
I got quotes from two shops in the area. One shop was a couple hours away. They wanted $2824 - included parts and alignment. They didn't quote a per hour rate - basically said to plan on a week from start to finish.

The second shop quoted $895 plus parts and said they could get it done within two days. This also included an alignment. This was a huge difference in labor cost (~$2k vs ~$900)!

I ended up calling Rock Krawler and asked which shop they would recommend. They recommended the cheaper of the two. Said they did a lot of business with this shop and that they had installed a lot of RK 4 link kits on jeeps. So, that's who I went with. I made the correct decision as this shop has been impressive to deal with. As a bonus, they do a lot of business with Adam's Driveshaft in NV and were able to order a 1350 driveshaft cheaper than I could get it for, so I'm doing that also.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Arokcrwlr

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sweet, I want to do this eventually. What are you doing about the muffler?
Alright, I'll probably regret this, but I just ordered the RJ rear sway bar and also their suggested aFe exhaust. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna hate it... :ROFLMAO: But, it was only $330 and if I can't stand it, I'll just add it to my current stainless garage art collection...

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alright, I'll probably regret this, but I just ordered the RJ rear sway bar and also their suggested aFe exhaust. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna hate it... :ROFLMAO: But, it was only $330 and if I can't stand it, I'll just add it to my current stainless garage art collection...
I have the AFE on both my Broncos and I love them. Not loud, but audible, and great ground clearance!