Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those of you who have experimented with door jamb coverage, what's worked well?
Mine have had some major wear (scuffs, scratches, a few dings) within the first year and I'd really like to prevent the inevitable Michigan rust out of these.
I've experimented with plastidip. It looks great and wasn't too painful to do, but less than a week and I've already got scuffs where the coating has come off and I can see the original paint underneath.

I don't want just a sill guard because I'd like to eventually have the jambs and roll bars match with my wrap. Anyone done their own PPF or vinyl wrap of the jambs? Bedliner? Another product or solution I'm missing all together?

IMG_0592.jpeg
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I plasti-dipped mine black as I didn't like the finality of paint. It has held up well over the past 2 years and was easily touched up when my son dragged his cleats across them. I am thinking about doing the roll bar as well and possibly the windshield frame similar to the Braptor eclipse.

Ford Bronco Let's talk Door Jambs Protection / Coverage PXL_20220905_200917747

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

For those of you who have experimented with door jamb coverage, what's worked well?
Mine have had some major wear (scuffs, scratches, a few dings) within the first year and I'd really like to prevent the inevitable Michigan rust out of these.
I've experimented with plastidip. It looks great and wasn't too painful to do, but less than a week and I've already got scuffs where the coating has come off and I can see the original paint underneath.

I don't want just a sill guard because I'd like to eventually have the jambs and roll bars match with my wrap. Anyone done their own PPF or vinyl wrap of the jambs? Bedliner? Another product or solution I'm missing all together?

How about clear UHMW tape?
I used it on my Badlands jambs and it worked well to protect the threshold. It’s a bit more resilient than PPF.

OP
OP
I.Vegabond

I.Vegabond

Badlands
First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How about clear UHMW tape?
I used it on my Badlands jambs and it worked well to protect the threshold. It’s a bit more resilient than PPF.
This would just cover the sill area though, wouldn't it? How difficult would it be to remove later on without damaging the paint?

OP
OP
I.Vegabond

I.Vegabond

Badlands
First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plasti-dipped mine black as I didn't like the finality of paint. It has held up well over the past 2 years and was easily touched up when my son dragged his cleats across them. I am thinking about doing the roll bar as well and possibly the windshield frame similar to the Braptor eclipse.

When you do touch ups, do you find the product builds up more around the touch up making it uneven? That's my worry with keeping the plastidip and doing touchups.
I also used the metallic line, so I wonder if it's not a rugged as the original stuff? I just didn't want black 😅

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you do touch ups, do you find the product builds up more around the touch up making it uneven? That's my worry with keeping the plastidip and doing touchups.
I also used the metallic line, so I wonder if it's not a rugged as the original stuff? I just didn't want black 😅
No, I was actually surprised on how well the touch up blended in and it is hardly noticeable. The only damage it has sustained in two years if from his cleats. It has held up against normal wear quite well.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Let's talk Door Jambs Protection / Coverage PXL_20231105_194729288.MP
That is a good look.
Great job!

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This would just cover the sill area though, wouldn't it? How difficult would it be to remove later on without damaging the paint?
I used it just on the sill but, you can purchase the tape in various widths to cover whatever you want to. I was able to remove it cleanly without any residue or paint damage to the sill.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seadek. You would have to call them for different colors or the thinest material. Web store is limited.

Sponsored

Sir915

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco Let's talk Door Jambs Protection / Coverage PXL_20231105_194729288.MP
Try xpel vinyl they sell in various sizes just cut to fit

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs