Sponsored

Is the Anderson Composite hardtop just a clone of the OEM hard top with better quality materials?

nickyp1020

Badlands
First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the Anderson Composite hardtop just a clone of the OEM hard top with better quality materials? reason i ask is if i find a roof rack or a hard top hoist that fits the "oem" roof will it fit the Anderson Composite
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most of the aftermarket hard tops have ensured compatibility with the majority roof racks that are available out on the market. Turn Off-road’s hard top, for example, is compatible with the Trailrax roof rack.

But yes, out of the currently available hard tops Anderson Composites is probably the most similar to the OEM top.

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most of the aftermarket hard tops have ensured compatibility with the majority roof racks that are available out on the market. Turn Off-road’s hard top, for example, is compatible with the Trailrax roof rack.

But yes, out of the currently available hard tops Anderson Composites is probably the most similar to the OEM top.
I just got mine a few weeks back, "primed" paintable one after 32 weeks of waiting , and it is very poorly constructed, with holes, uneven surfaces, bumps, gaps on weather strips, a complete waste of $7k. Anderson told me that I needed to tell the body shop to fill in the holes and straighten the waves by sending it. The body shop advised that the thickness of the hard is not enough for any sending. Anderson would not take it back so I am stuck with this garbage.

Sunday Money

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just got mine a few weeks back, "primed" paintable one after 32 weeks of waiting , and it is very poorly constructed, with holes, uneven surfaces, bumps, gaps on weather strips, a complete waste of $7k. Anderson told me that I needed to tell the body shop to fill in the holes and straighten the waves by sending it. The body shop advised that the thickness of the hard is not enough for any sending. Anderson would not take it back so I am stuck with this garbage.
Photos?

Sponsored

adcam

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4DR 2.3L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, I would dispute that with your CC company if that was used for payment.

BrianH

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That is hard to believe that’s an Anderson top and doesn't look like one.

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is seriously shitty quality. My fricken $4k Rally Top looks way better...

aslgjoasjd.jpg

d12.jpg

D13.jpg

download.jpg

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yes, this indeed Anderson composite hard top that was ordered through BMC Extreme Costume in NJ.
Look at the headliner that is coming apart and you can tell is made by Anderson. Below are the pic. While it was being worked on at the body shop.

the owner of the body shop send the message below to Anderson, expressing concerns about the problems with the hard top:

“Attn: George

We have been working on painting a top for a 2021 Bronco sold to xxxxxx through BMC Extreme Customs. These parts were supposed to be ready for paint. I understand what it takes to paint parts like these. As we have painted numerous hoods, fenders and tops for other customers. First thing is all weather stripping needs to be removed and all glue cleared. We sanded and tried to block the top parts, but there were too many imperfections in the material like, sanding and grinding spots, pits and small holes (not thru) and waviness. After sanding and sealing they still showed thru. We tried base coating and clearing thinking that maybe it will bury some of it, but had to sand and paint again with similar results.”

image000002.jpeg

image000001.jpeg