Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Hey All,

Please remove if this is answered somewhere (apologies - first post).

We received our 2024 Everglades about 2 weeks ago. We love it, and want to keep it for awhile. I've been quoted for a Clear XPEL PPF full install for $5k. (We want clear as we like the Eruption Green)

Is it worth it? I realize answers will be somewhat subjective but I'd like to protect the paint.

I'm a n00b when it comes to off-roading, will it protect it from rocks, tree branches, etc?
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Before I dumped $5k I'd probably look at ceramic coating option first. PPF is good protection but it can get scratched through if you plan to use the truck and swirls/buff marks from cleaning are inevitable IMO.

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey All,

We received our 2024 Everglades about 2 weeks ago. We love it, and want to keep it for awhile. I've been quoted for a Clear XPEL PPF full install for $5k. (We want clear as we like the Eruption Green)

Is it worth it? I realize answers will be somewhat subjective but I'd like to protect the paint.

I'm a n00b when it comes to off-roading, will it protect it from rocks, tree branches, etc?
Depends if you’re actually going to go offroad and what type of trails. Definitely gives you protection against tree branches and shrubs and gives “some” protection against rocks. I’ve had a rock damage the paint on the panel under the front grill on a windy day driving out to Moab even with ppf.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't think spending $5k to protect a vehicle from rock chips and light scratches is worth it to me. I usually own cars for 10 years and at that point, a few rock chips won't change the resale value.

I say this as a Bronco owner, the Bronco is not a special vehicle, it's mass produced and the manufacturer is pumping out as many as they can and they will continue to do so.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, it's not worth it. For the most part PPF is a money grab, it only protects from light chips that don't devalue your car in any way. The phrase "Normal wear and tear" exists for a reason.

If any real damage occurs, there isn't a body panel on your vehicle that will cost more than a few thousand to repair, and you would likely use insurance and just pay your deductible anyway.

if it were $1500, AND you were going to enter car shows as a hobby, I could see the justification, but anything over that is just a silly waste of money.

You will definitely get people in here saying otherwise, but when you think about it, keeping superficial rock chips off your hood for $5k isn't a good ROI.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Git_Mud

Git_Mud

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Wow! I appreciate the input here; let me alter my question a bit.

What about front PPF? Or, what about Ceramic Coating?

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If your crazy like some of us, then Xpel PPF is the way to go. I have yet to put any scratches in actual paint. The PPF has soo far saved two flares and a door. I also ran a branch down the passenger side and the PPF saved those doors and healed itself. You can get pinstriping pretty easy if you do any off roading in forest type areas. Since I have a tri metallic paint, dealing with touchup isn't going to be an option, its going to be spray the whole panel then blend at best.

Boostedblues

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2011 F-250, 2004 Ranger 2016 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Id say PPF is worth it. It has save my paint several times. I'm on the trails fairly often and didn't want to deal with scratches and scrapes. Also its easy to wash as well. You will never swirl or scratch the paint. Just spray with water or any other Quick detailer and wipe.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In theory protecting your paint is a great idea, in reality it doesn't add up.

If you have the 5 to 6 thousand dollars to throw away and honestly not care about, do it. But if you think you'll see a better return because of it, you won't.

Ceramic coating is just another version of waxing your car, more expensive, lasts longer, does the same thing. It's not scratch or rock protection for off roading.

With all that said, if you plan on going through wooded areas and are not a fan of nature's pinstriping, they say the ppf helps on the doors, of course you could also throw those magnetic panel protectors on for the days off road and save thousands ...

Poppavein

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With all that said, if you plan on going through wooded areas and are not a fan of nature's pinstriping, they say the ppf helps on the doors, of course you could also throw those magnetic panel protectors on for the days off road and save thousands ...
Sounds like a good idea but aren’t the doors aluminum?

Sponsored

Moribach

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I've wrapped.. 10.. 15 vehicles at this point in some variations of front to full.

My raptor is 100% wrapped front to back and it has undoubtedly stopped trail pinstripes and road debris from damaging the paint. If you drive tight trails and have anything drag down the side of your vehicle it is 100% worth it unless you don't care about what it looks like the next day.

If you're going to take it easy offroad and not do tight trails. I'd still do a front and maybe ceramic the rest. The front PPF will keep road debris and random stuff from dinging up the paint. Most of my broken window rocks have come off the hood into the windshield and the hood still looks great.

To each there own in the end.

Tomleo67

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' big bend 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
honestly imo, it's a BRONCO! so not really worried about paint protection. that being said I would def do the stealth ppf just for the look on my wifes bronco but she said she likes it shiny lol

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow! I appreciate the input here; let me alter my question a bit.

What about front PPF? Or, what about Ceramic Coating?
PPF does indeed work, but it just doesn’t last very long unless you baby it. Heavy wear areas will start to show signs after 3-4 years.

$5K is also way too much to protect a vehicle like this and in this price range.

PPF mostly must be done by a professional, but if you have done a paint correction, you can apply ceramic yourself if you have a garage and a weekend free.

If you plan to off-road, I honestly would do neither and just buy a decent pressure washer, foam cannon, and good products (Adams, Chermical Guys, Griot’s, etc), then apply a paint sealant or ceramic. Ceramic is like every 2 years and sealant annually following a correction.

I will keep my Bronco until it’s either destroyed, or gives out, but I have no plans to protect the paint like prior street cars. Hell, I rarely ever wash it since I go wheel every other weekend during the warm months like now. I’ll spray off any caked on mud, but it’s been dirty now since a trail day in February with only rain baths.

For $5K, I’d just clean it and get a paint pen from the dealership and an orbital and fill in any scratches.

I have a big penstripe right now down the passenger side from a branch during a trail ride in NC back in December. I may take care of it in a few weeks, but not sure I care. As long as it’s not a dent, I’m good with the stories the scratches tell.

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey All,

I didn't do a full PPF but just select spots:
-A pillar
-Leading edge of hood
-Painted trim panel below grill
-Lower 4ish inches of the doors

This seems like a good blend of protection and price, as I spent under $300 for this method.

One minor interior recommendation, get door sill protectors before the paint gets scratched underneath. That way you can either get clear or a color and the scratches won't show underneath.

Dover

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm on the not worth it side of things. When it was 1-2K to get it done, sure. When it's 5K for a Bronco (I was quoted 6K here in Hawaii and 7.5K for my Z4) making it close to 10% of the vehicles value, I draw the line on the cost benefit analysis.
Sponsored