Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The base threads are going to be so cool in 6-12 months, when the creativity different visions start being realized on these models. So many base buyers have different objectives for their new ride, seeing it all come together will be much more fun than the cookie-cutter higher-end models that come pre-modded, IMO.

What is your vision for your Base Bronco? What will the initial build be, how do you envision it 12 months from now?

Mine is a Base 2Dr, Manual, 2.3, either Rapid Red or Oxford White.

I am buying the base because it seems to have the soul of the OG Bronco, which I have lusted after for decades. 12 months from now, my ride should have a more retro feel, likely painting the steel wheels, integrating a retro dish hub cap, buying slightly larger AT tires, hopefully adding an after market or OEM white top. Maybe a few other tweaks based on what comes to market.

What direction will you take your new whip?
Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Xira
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2022 Silverado LT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Light bar that doesn't cost Ford prices. It's just for looks so we can go cheaper on one with reduced output, as long as the lens doesn't yellow.

If someone aftermarkets fog lamps that fit/match the modular bumper, then those.

Rigsurly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

"my ride should have a more retro feel, likely painting the steel wheels, integrating a retro dish hub cap, buying slightly larger AT tires,"

That is exactly what I am looking for. Any ideas where to find the dog dish hubcaps and trim rings for the steelies?

OP
OP
rugbysecondrow

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

"my ride should have a more retro feel, likely painting the steel wheels, integrating a retro dish hub cap, buying slightly larger AT tires,"

That is exactly what I am looking for. Any ideas where to find the dog dish hubcaps and trim rings for the steelies?
I haven't spent much time looking into it yet. I probably will once we get closer to delivery!

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Like @rugbysecondrow, I really want to play off of the Bronco's retro vibes. I'm still waffling between a base base and a manbasesquatch. I'm looking at Rapid Red and Oxford White as well. If I go for Oxford White, I want to wrap a wide center stripe around the middle of the body to give a vintage two-tone look. I like the stock steelies and am seriously thinking about painting them white. Or find a vintage looking slotted mag wheel that fits the Bronco's bolt pattern (6x139)

The base is such a great blank canvas!

Sponsored

Lurking4luv

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw gti, Nissan frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
I plan on keeping it as purchased with a taller tire and maybe paint the steelies black or white. I have to see what looks better. May or may not put a graphic down the side if something cool comes along.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Definitely removing the back seats and installing a platform (hopefully Goose Gear).

Wheels: either stock steel with 255/85/16, or upgrade to takeoffs from a higher trim. Several members have already contacted me offering me their takeoffs. I’m a Grangetober reservation, so I have plenty of time to wait.

My buddy has a Day One reservation for a Base. He plans to immediately install Dana 60’s front and rear. He has a Land Cruiser restoration shop and is planning to dive into the Bronco modification arena big time. You will be hearing a lot about him. He wants me to keep my lips zipped about his name for now.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Tint

geronika

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
53 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A giant 3D skull on the front hood with flames for eyeballs and horns that wrap around the sides.

Or just keep it plain. I dunno.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just ordered an Iconic Silver 4dr base 2.3L/AT with the MIC top. First order of business will be a wheel/tire upgrade to some nice alloys and 32-33" BFG KO2s. I am not going any larger due to the 3.73 final drive. If it doesn't feel right with the larger tires, will also do a Ford Performance tune to up the HP/Torque. Will probably do some window tint and possibly add additional lighting, and will replace the front bumper with something better when aftermarket stuff is available.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tint
Seat heaters

base Base....rims and tires (33's)
BaseSquatch ... not required.

Maybe shop around for cool bumpers and brush guard/light bar combos ...if I don't get them on order day.

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll probably have my fabricator buddy whip me up some cool ass bumpers and rock sliders, and I'll probably remove the plastic fender flares. Once it's paid off, down the road it is somewhat likely to get a set of DynaTrac Pro Rock Dana 60's, ARB lockers, 5.13 gears, 38" tires, and an exocage, as well as a better, stronger replacement of the factory roll bars. Of course, all of this is planned for after I hit 100k miles, and will be dependant on what I have for a daily driver, as well as my income at that point. I may find myself on the street corner with a cardboard sign before mine even gets delivered. You never know.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Detroit Steel Wheels sells the dog dish hub caps and steelies, and they can drill/ install the hub cap clips in the steelies they sell.

In any case, I'm not sure if it is possible on Bronco steelies, but steelies need to have clips installed to mount the dog dish hub caps to.
https://detroitsteelwheel.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/2020-Detroit-Steel-Wheel-Catalog.pdf

OP
OP
rugbysecondrow

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
On a mostly bone stock Bronco 2-door, I would swap to aftermarket wheels with tire diameter in the 33" range. Would look for a holiday sale at one of the tire discounters to purchase. (I got 265/75R16s (~32") for around $70 each on a prior sale after rebates.) The manual trans Bronco has stock 4.46 diffs, which should be a decent match for 33" tires, without having to regear.

Otherwise as an amateur welder, and recently having picked up a plasma cutter for Christmas, I'll whip up various rocker rails and other interesting bumper mods.

I have little doubt the base Bronco will do well off-road, considering how well my open diff Jeeps and Land Rover have done. Well, I still have some reservations about the Bronco IFS (don't throw chairs). Jury is still out on that, hopefully it flexes enough.
Sponsored