M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I LOVE the HAL 9000 reference..... but have you noticed it is getting better at writing sentences that actually say something...... I have been watching it change over the last 9 months. I think it is improving and coming across as more real life... Which actually scares me!

Still does not seem to do a damn thing if you respond to it though.... At least I have not heard of it actually helping..... or even responding.
I just think the interns rotated to new positions...
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yea sorry, not saying its impossible, and AI is improving all the time, I just don't know if Ford would invest the money =)
I'm tracking and agree; not a programmer but work IT as well.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I don't think this is a bot, being a software engineer I know how difficult it is to build something that can parse a forum markup language that then reply with it's level of accuracy and consistency. Meaning, it seems simple to us to see your name and message, but for a program to do it, it's quite difficult and expensive. I.e. development time, bug fixes, server costs to host and run the bot.

Just something to keep in mind, the bot would need to know how to get here, I e. click on a thread, navigate to the last page, differentiate each post, read each message, match some keywords to determine if it should reply, then locate your name and use some words from your post to then locate the form below to enter that text and hit submit.

If the forum layout would ever change the bot would break and submit odd looking posts, until a developer updates it, which I have not seen a broken post. Even if Ford spent the money for something like this they would still need a real person to check that it didn't submit something stupid, risking bad pr.

No, I think it's a real person behind it with a bunch of common replies they copy which they then substitute to add your name and whatnot
You are probably right... I have worked with some ladder programs in the past and there is no way you were getting one to parse all this diverse information....

I was thinking it might have been an AI that was being trained. I have been starting to think some company worked a deal with Ford and started an "overwatched" training program for an AI... If you look at what some of the AIs are doing... They are parsing through more info than this.... I am not a software engineer so I really do not know where the outer bounds are right now, but it sure seems to be getting close to this.

Edit: Maybe if I had read the additional responses....... an AI could have done that really quick though..... I guess proving that I am not AI.... Hell some people question if I have any intelligence, artificial or natural....

Last edited:

jsoa

Heritage
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

You are probably right... I have worked with some ladder programs in the past and there is no way you were getting one to parse all this diverse information....

I was thinking it might have been an AI that was being trained. I have been starting to think some company worked a deal with Ford and started an "overwatched" training program for an AI... If you look at what some of the AIs are doing... They are parsing through more info than this.... I am not a software engineer so I really do not know where the outer bounds are right now, but it sure seems to be getting close to this.

Edit: Maybe if I had read the additional responses....... an AI could have done that really quick though..... I guess proving that I am not AI.... Hell some people question if I have any intelligence, artificial or natural....
I can see that, where the bot generates "potential responses" and then some intern or whoever, checks it and "approves" it, at that point the bot does the post for them.

Judgement day is closing in🤖

Sponsored
OP
OP
JawnyBronco

JawnyBronco

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Cool!!!
Ford Bronco HERITAGE EDITION Bronco Club IMG_7661
Ford Bronco HERITAGE EDITION Bronco Club IMG_7659

IMG_7660.jpeg

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I haven't even taken my hatches off or windows out, have all the bags but man that's allot to drag around.
I just pulled all mine today because it's so nice out.
I just leave them in the garage, though. I only drive around like that if there is 0 chance of rain.

ETA: makes me a little jealous of the guys out west who can drive like that for months without worrying about it getting wet.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I haven't even taken my hatches off or windows out, have all the bags but man that's allot to drag around.
The back of mine is completely full of just bags! The windows bag fits perfectly on the cargo area floor. Two Costco collapsible crates sit on top of that. One with door bags and one with front hatches bag and gunners hatch bag. Good thing I don’t need any other room!

Ford Bronco HERITAGE EDITION Bronco Club IMG_3173

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Last edited:

Sponsored

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

They're only talking about HELs, which I think we always expected to only be 2023-2024 models.
Thanks for clarifying. I updated my post. I read it too quickly initally.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

OP
OP
JawnyBronco

JawnyBronco

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

They're only talking about HELs, which I think we always expected to only be 2023-2024 models.
Phuk Sake, the Ford Authority certainly is NOT one…the author totally missed the fact that the HLE is manually allocated like Braptors and not subject to order banks.
“Unfortunately for those that want to purchase a Heritage Limited, order banks for that limited-edition model closed late last year, meaning that they’ll have to search existing dealer inventory to find one.”

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Phuk Sake, the Ford Authority certainly is NOT one…the author totally missed the fact that the HLE is manually allocated like Braptors and not subject to order banks.
“Unfortunately for those that want to purchase a Heritage Limited, order banks for that limited-edition model closed late last year, meaning that they’ll have to search existing dealer inventory to find one.”
I think millennials named that site ironically 🤣

(I only missed being a millennial myself by 8 months...)
Sponsored