Sponsored

Help - Black Diamond Bigger Wheels....how big can I go....or should I go Badlands?

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BD owner here running 285/70 17 MT Baja Boss AT. No problem.

Unfortunately you can’t get the steelies anymore (only good looking Bronco wheels IMO).

I just finished an install of Bilstein 5100’s set at 1” lift (pictures tomorrow). What a difference in ride and now an extra 1.6” of ground clearance to the chassis over stock so I won’t be dragging my skid plates nearly as much off-road.

My advice is to go with 33’s, keep the stock wheels and upgrade the shocks.
Promised pictures.
Ford Bronco Help - Black Diamond Bigger Wheels....how big can I go....or should I go Badlands? IMG_0006
Ford Bronco Help - Black Diamond Bigger Wheels....how big can I go....or should I go Badlands? IMG_0005
Sponsored

Johnsolo_02

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yepp, a year later and I still like them. Decent off road (I don’t go too crazy) and ride great on the highway! These tires are great in wet conditions too
Got them installed. Vision Turbine Matte Black 17x8.5 +18 on stock black diamond Grabbers. I’ll go bigger when I wear these out. Looks great and nice amount of poke. Thanks for the info.
Ford Bronco Help - Black Diamond Bigger Wheels....how big can I go....or should I go Badlands? IMG_3270
Ford Bronco Help - Black Diamond Bigger Wheels....how big can I go....or should I go Badlands? IMG_3272
Ford Bronco Help - Black Diamond Bigger Wheels....how big can I go....or should I go Badlands? IMG_3271

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Got them installed. Vision Turbine Matte Black 17x8.5 +18 on stock black diamond Grabbers. I’ll go bigger when I wear these out. Looks great and nice amount of poke. Thanks for the info.
Ford Bronco Help - Black Diamond Bigger Wheels....how big can I go....or should I go Badlands? IMG_3271
Looks good!

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Fantastic looking wheels, they really dress up the Bronco nicely.

Air Biscuit

Black Diamond
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You can fit 255/85r17 (35x10). I’ve done it on mine, crash bars still installed. I do have a 1” leveling kit and top spacers from another kit installed in the rear. I don’t believe it’s be totally necessary. It’d be a alittle more of a stuffed look with out it. With the lift gives it a nice stance.
I was set on keeping the steelies and on 285/75r17 but read from some they rub the sway bar and for me I didn’t want to run spacers. So opted for the 255/85s. They’re roughly 1/2” taller. Couldn’t be happier w the outcome.

In my opinion if you’re wanting and spending the money on bigger tires you’re going to want to go atleast 285/75r17 and get a noticeable increase in diameter from the stock grabbers if your worried about them being too small. But like everything else that’s subjective.

Also as others have said, the grabbers look better in person than in pictures on here. If you plan on leaving it stock height just run them and upgrade later…
Sponsored