Layne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So now I am intrigued, how do you have this set up because I have been researching dual battery setups?
I don't have it set up yet. I am trying to get information to determine how best to set it up.
Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes, I do
Nice! Did you install the Genesis setup or something else? I’d love to see a pic of that.

Back to the subject at hand- I’ve installed Yaesu FTM-400’s in our Big Bend and Raptor, but both of them have a SwitchPros SP9100, so I opted to use one of the 30A outputs on it instead of using one of the upfitter switches. I was mildly concerned with the wire size coming out of the upfitter relays, but I was more concerned with being able to power the radio without having to turn on the accessory power of the Bronco. The SP9100 allows you to set a minimum voltage level so that accidentally leaving the radio on won’t completely drain the battery.

If I decide to install the Genesis dual battery setup, I’ll reconnect the radio or SwitchPro power lead to the Aux battery.

OP
OP
Liquidtravel

Liquidtravel

Wildtrak
First Name
Layne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nice! Did you install the Genesis setup or something else? I’d love to see a pic of that.

Back to the subject at hand- I’ve installed Yaesu FTM-400’s in our Big Bend and Raptor, but both of them have a SwitchPros SP9100, so I opted to use one of the 30A outputs on it instead of using one of the upfitter switches. I was mildly concerned with the wire size coming out of the upfitter relays, but I was more concerned with being able to power the radio without having to turn on the accessory power of the Bronco. The SP9100 allows you to set a minimum voltage level so that accidentally leaving the radio on won’t completely drain the battery.

If I decide to install the Genesis dual battery setup, I’ll reconnect the radio or SwitchPro power lead to the Aux battery.
I just got my bronco and it came with a main and aux battery. I didn't set it up.

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just got my bronco and it came with a main and aux battery. I didn't set it up.
Gotcha. Are both batteries under the hood or is the Aux battery in the rear of the Bronco?

Sponsored

Brandon Miller

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have that same radio running of the upfitter switch. Head unit above the visor and the main unit passenger foot area where the wire for power is. No issues

n5mj

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 FSB, '97 Ranger, '03 Sport Trac, '11 SHO
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The highest load would be seen during transmit, otherwise powering up the transceiver pulls a max 1 amp. I run an Icom IC2730 (similar specs to OP's transceiver) on switch 1, the radio powers off when powering off the bronco. No issues with current - wire size is adequate for the max expected current, high current is never hot-switched via the AUX1 relay. de N5MJ

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good morning
A relay does not need much current to operate 10 AMP is sufficient. When it receives 10 AMP it will close and allow current to flow from the battery to the connected device, up to 40 AMP DEPENDING ON THE CAPACITY OF THE INSTALLED RELAY. With the size of the wire ( 12 Ga) from the battery to the relay ( protect with a 20 AMP FUSE NEAR THE BATTERY CONNECTION) and (12 Ga) to the device. In this installation the uplifter switch is protected in capacity with a small fuse and small wire. The BRONCO MUST BE IN accessory or running mode.
So this system will prevent draining the battery if we operate an accessory without the vehicle running.. My installation....
TRACKTOY
Sponsored