First Name
Ara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just posting a simple update on this mostly easy install and some observations on the steps/rails from Go Rhino, Dominator Xtreme D6.

The factor steps we’re a breeze to remove, 6 bolts per side. Impact driver to break the loctite.

From order date to receiving the D6s was much faster than I expected, which was great. I think the packaging could have more protection, maybe some foam at the edges, the same side of both steps were dinged up.

I also added Xpel tape to the pinch seem, like a lot of other folks, give it a nice finished look.

So, installing the 3 mounting brackets on each side was really easy, 2 bolts in the pinch seam and 1 bolt to the underside of the body where the OEM steps were mounted.

The pain in the ass part of the install is getting the 2 bolts into the mounting plate which is floating in a channel in the steps. A lot of fishing around and some scraped knuckles, but got it done.

At this point I’m happy with the look and step function of the steps, but a few considerations for folks. I can’t imagine these working as legit rock rails, given the mounting system and width of the steps. It would be nice if the mounting brackets were much larger and accessed both OEM mounting holes AND were mounted under the step instead of on the side. I think that’ll be a weak point, so for me these are just bigger steps and maybe a little wider rock guards for my doors.

pics coming
Sponsored

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2024 Rivian R1S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great write up, helped me make a decision! I think I’m going to order some up today!

Sponsored
OP
OP
vegetarianbarbarian

vegetarianbarbarian

Wildtrak
First Name
Ara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yep that’s the stuff. I flushed the bottom and then curled it up the underside

I started 6 inches or so behind the front pinch seam, since there are a couple bolts and a seam

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep that’s the stuff. I flushed the bottom and then curled it up the underside

I started 6 inches or so behind the front pinch seam, since there are a couple bolts and a seam
How many rolls should I get? Would 1 roll for each side do the trick?

OP
OP
vegetarianbarbarian

vegetarianbarbarian

Wildtrak
First Name
Ara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How many rolls should I get? Would 1 roll for each side do the trick?
I did 1 roll per side.

Leaves about 6 inches at the front and back. There are a couple of bolts and a seam in the front. So I went for symmetry.