KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is anyone else experiencing freezes and glitches with Android Auto?

Seeing three types of issues at various times

1. Laggy display. The audio directions are fine and up to date but the in vehicle display is laggy. It shows the turn after you have already made it and remains frozen there till the next turn
  2. The on screen buttons at the bottom are often unresponsive. The buttons on the map itself respond, I can zoom and move around the map. But the functions at the bottom don't respond - split screen, map, Spotify, phone, settings
  3. The map itself becomes unresponsive. Can't zoom, pan, etc.
No issues like that in my wife's vehicle so I don't think it is my phone. On the other hand I drove a Dodge Charger rental with a wired Android Auto over the weekend and it behaved similarly.
A bit late to the game here OP, but to answer your question, when it becomes laggy you just need to disconnect the phone and reconnect. Turn off both wifi and bluetooth to do that.

As for everyone else with all the issues, along with the "We need all our phones to be simple and look the same" (yes iPhone idiots) chiming in, I don't have all these other problems that people are having. My biggest issue is if I receive a call, the audio won't come through speakers until I go to phone app on my screen and click it to BlueTooth. That's annoying but not a big deal. The rest of everything else in AA runs perfectly for me.
Sponsored

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am about to uninstall AA unless I can find a setting to stop AA from repeatedly taking over as the audio source. We are literally battling as I drive. It has become infuriating. A quick search brought little info, and then to this thread. Haha.

On a side note, I have been getting a lot of stuttering audio from my USB source for a few months (immediately after startup while the system is booting). But that's not an AA issue, I don't think.

OP
OP

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am about to uninstall AA unless I can find a setting to stop AA from repeatedly taking over as the audio source. We are literally battling as I drive. It has become infuriating. A quick search brought little info, and then to this thread. Haha.

On a side note, I have been getting a lot of stuttering audio from my USB source for a few months (immediately after startup while the system is booting). But that's not an AA issue, I don't think.
That is probably not an AA issue since I experience nothing like that. If I set the audio source to FM and a station it stays at that through repeated engine starts and stops and never changes. The only other audio that AA pipes on top of it is map guidance, and that is actually useful and desirable.

Try installing the most recent AA update. Google has been rolling it out VERY slowly so you may need to sideload.

Ed Morris

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've noticed when it becomes unresponsive I can sometimes unfreeze it by toggling it in and out of fullscreen mode. (Not sure whether that points to it being Ford's bug or Google's.)

CDB

Black Diamond
First Name
Carolyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm having issues making or receiving calls. I get no audio when the call connects. I end up having to switch to speaker then back to Bluetooth to get the audio back. Happened on both my Pixel 7 Pro and Galaxy S20+ and on both my 22 OBX and 23 BL.
I have this same issue on my 2023. In addition, have a lot of screen freezing where nothing on the screen works at all.

Sponsored

Nighthawk37

Base
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm having issues making or receiving calls. I get no audio when the call connects. I end up having to switch to speaker then back to Bluetooth to get the audio back. Happened on both my Pixel 7 Pro and Galaxy S20+ and on both my 22 OBX and 23 BL.
Same thing with my Pixel 6 Pro and now my Pixel 8 Pro. I've been blaming Google this entire time. Seems like F-150 and Mach-E forum members are experiencing the same thing... @Ford Motor Company

OP
OP

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond