Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m not super confident this thing could run my fridge for 3 days on the beach. Bummer
Sponsored

archer87

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I love the look of this but my concern is that its dependent on a specific battery because of size limitations. What happens if Odyssey decide tomorrow to start making their batteries flat not tapered? Then I've got a $1000 dual battery kit which can't fit any batteries in it without modification to the vehicle.

OP
OP
genesisoffroad

genesisoffroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That video was extremely helpful!!

Full price of the system, all options, plus two batteries:

1717787001464-dj.jpg

Just want to add clarification here, the price shown for the battery kit of $1,003 includes the optional G Screen monitoring system ($289) and the optional Engine On sensor cable ($15).

The kit by itself is $699. Total with 2 Odyssey batteries is $1,346.98.

OP
OP
genesisoffroad

genesisoffroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m not super confident this thing could run my fridge for 3 days on the beach. Bummer
How long your fridge will run depends on lots of factors. If you pre-cool the fridge down in the garage using the AC power cord, and put cold food items inside it instead of hot items, park in the shade, and don't open the fridge door frequently, it will certainly help extend the time that the fridge can stay cold. A lot of our customers run solar panels to help replace the power consumed by their fridge and other accessories. This is where our G Screen will really help you keep an eye on the status of your batteries so that you'll know when it's time to crank up to recharge them.

The whole point of our dual battery kit is to allow you to run the fridge or other accessories without draining your cranking battery. We want to make sure you can always start the engine. Even if your aux battery drains all the way down and the fridge shuts off, you'll have warm drinks, but plenty of power to start the engine.

Hope this helps!

OP
OP
genesisoffroad

genesisoffroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I love the look of this but my concern is that its dependent on a specific battery because of size limitations. What happens if Odyssey decide tomorrow to start making their batteries flat not tapered? Then I've got a $1000 dual battery kit which can't fit any batteries in it without modification to the vehicle.
I talked directly to Odyssey about this topic. All of their automotive batteries have this tapered side shape, and they have no plans of changing the case design.

Also, FYI, the X2 Power brand sold at the Batteries Plus chain of stores is a rebranded Odyssey, so those will work too. There may be others that are smaller at the bottom than at the top.

If you absolutely do not want to use Odyssey, you can use other brands with straight sides, but you'll need to cut a notch into the factory fender support bracket. It is very obvious where it needs to be cut when you set the batteries in there.

We recommend Odyssey just so that there is no modification required. But if you've got a cut-off wheel and the skills, knock yourself out!

Sponsored

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This kit seems like it’d work well for running a winch or some accessory lights, but I don’t see how spending $1,300 for what’s effectively 30ah of additional power makes sense for an overlanding setup with multiple things plugged in. That’s barely enough to run a fridge for half a day (assuming the average draw is 2-4 amps).

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

QQ. The default bracket has a spot to mount the winch power interrupt solenoid. What would you recommend for your setup to? I attached a phot of how it looks like under my hood now.

IMG_9115.jpeg

OP
OP
genesisoffroad

genesisoffroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This kit seems like it’d work well for running a winch or some accessory lights, but I don’t see how spending $1,300 for what’s effectively 30ah of additional power makes sense for an overlanding setup with multiple things plugged in. That’s barely enough to run a fridge for half a day (assuming the average draw is 2-4 amps).
There's more to it than that. First, our system gives you protection for the cranking battery so that you can run your accessories all you want without fear of draining the cranking battery down. Plus it gives you the ability to jump start yourself from the second battery in the event that your cranking battery goes dead for whatever reason. Our bus bars give you multiple connection points for easily attaching your accessory wires, to keep your wiring clean and organized, rather than stacking all the wires directly on the post clamps. Everything you connect to the bus bars runs from the aux battery and will not drain your cranking battery.

As far as run time goes, you can extend your run time by adding an additional battery in the back and connecting it to the bus bars, or you could hang a dc-dc charger off of our bus bars to charge a dedicated battery for the fridge, or you could add solar panels to replace the power consumed by your accessories.

OP
OP
genesisoffroad

genesisoffroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
QQ. The default bracket has a spot to mount the winch power interrupt solenoid. What would you recommend for your setup to? I attached a phot of how it looks like under my hood now.

Ford Bronco Genesis Offroad - Quick Introduction & Overview of our Dual Battery Kits IMG_9115
That small solenoid would be simple to relocate. You may be able to put it right on the side of our tray with a couple bolts, or make a simple bracket to hang it off the fender.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hello Bronco6g forum! I'm Shane Smith, the owner of Genesis Offroad. I made this video to give you a quick introduction and a look at our dual battery kits for the Bronco. Our kits fit all 3 engine options in the Bronco, and we keep all our parts in stock all the time for the fastest shipping time in the industry!

Learn more about our easy to install dual battery systems here - https://www.genesisoffroad.com/gen3-bronco-dual-battery-kit.html

Got questions? We're here to help! Please reach out to us here, or by phone - 901-214-5337 or by email - [email protected].

Thanks guys, I look forward to talking to you!
Looks like a nice system for running my frig. Since this replaces one starting battery with two batteries, one of which is now the starting battery, how much capacity am I giving up yo make the switch? Ie, how much smaller in amp hours or other measurements is the new starting battery compared to the OEM Ford battery? Secondly what's the amp hour production of the new battery for my refrigerator? It draws about 1 amp an hour.

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So is the Odyssey batteries a different spec than the OEM battery?

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's more to it than that. First, our system gives you protection for the cranking battery so that you can run your accessories all you want without fear of draining the cranking battery down. Plus it gives you the ability to jump start yourself from the second battery in the event that your cranking battery goes dead for whatever reason. Our bus bars give you multiple connection points for easily attaching your accessory wires, to keep your wiring clean and organized, rather than stacking all the wires directly on the post clamps. Everything you connect to the bus bars runs from the aux battery and will not drain your cranking battery.

As far as run time goes, you can extend your run time by adding an additional battery in the back and connecting it to the bus bars, or you could hang a dc-dc charger off of our bus bars to charge a dedicated battery for the fridge, or you could add solar panels to replace the power consumed by your accessories.
Like I said, for powering something for an extended period of time, like a fridge, this system doesn’t seem like the best solution. It’d be much more effective to hook a DC-DC charger directly to the starter battery and have a dedicated battery bank in the cargo area.

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I added this kit to my "22"
2door, 2.7, Lux, BadSquatch 2 months ago and haven't had any issues. I have my ARB twin (onbord) air compressor on the aux battery and 2x Rockford Fosgate m5 amps 8x125w and 2x600w subs as well..even added a noco dule bank 10a (onbord)charger hard wired to both batterys with this set up..I am happy and those who see it are also impressed 😀
Can we see it too??? I'm easily impressed.

LangleyBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This looks like a slick dual battery setup! I had a dual battery in my 2007 4Runner and it wasn't nearly as clean and high tech. Just took home my '24 Badlands Sasquatch today and joined the forum!
Sponsored